Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Too much seriousness in this thread:

Boba Fett playing the Lost Woods theme on the accordion in a subway.

Spread the smiles!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    Too much seriousness in this thread:

Boba Fett playing the Lost Woods theme on the accordion in a subway.

Spread the smiles!
    Naw they need some of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleS0i4Kgx4
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oreth Ulain
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If you want the full package as per the post from Richard in BG you need to remove PL from the game straight and simple. I returned to the game around 20th of Jan of this year after giving up not long after release. I found myself leveling jobs through Leves having fun getting up into the high teens. Trawling through the wards to get gear etc then was introduced to PL and its all pointless now. Even lvl 15,25,30 gear from NMs now is pointless. I understand its a person choice if they want to PL or not but lets be honest. Get up 10 levels in 1/2 hrs or spend numerous days doing it? Gear from NMs mentioned from 11 had a long life as you went up in levels to the 50s if not more, Emperors hairpin, LL Boots, O.Kotes etc. Just no need for them now. Get a weapon, get PL to 41 do SB party and 50.

I would agree that i would like to see HNMs introduced. Just try implement a system that the reward justifies the challenge and remove the need for people to bot, because thats what FFXI did, forced alot of people into a situation where they either botted to level playing field or simply didnt and seen little or no rewards for hours and hours of camping.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    If you want the full package as per the post from Richard in BG you need to remove PL from the game straight and simple. I returned to the game around 20th of Jan of this year after giving up not long after release. I found myself leveling jobs through Leves having fun getting up into the high teens. Trawling through the wards to get gear etc then was introduced to PL and its all pointless now. Even lvl 15,25,30 gear from NMs now is pointless. I understand its a person choice if they want to PL or not but lets be honest. Get up 10 levels in 1/2 hrs or spend numerous days doing it? Gear from NMs mentioned from 11 had a long life as you went up in levels to the 50s if not more, Emperors hairpin, LL Boots, O.Kotes etc. Just no need for them now. Get a weapon, get PL to 41 do SB party and 50.
    XI had a problem too, it was having level 10/20 equipment be viable at 50+

SE can fix PL'ing for all I care, but I hope they don't make the same mistake XI did with having stupidly low level gear be relevant at mid/max level.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    I don't thin ka isaw anyone mention this yet : MAKE NM/HNM DROPS CRAFTABLE (yes like uraeus Doublet) WITH HQ VERSIONS POSSIBLE PLEASE.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by KyrsIsley View Post
    Anyone who had played an MMO before also know about instances. Open world named or NMs was the standard of quite a few MMOs, but so was instance oriented content.
    Actually you wrong. There were MMOs up to that point that literally had absolutely zero instances. In the time frame of pre FFXI instancs were not the norm. They were just starting to come into play as they are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No. They shouldn't exist unless the problems they carried with them from FFXI are fully addressed.
    This is the issue you and others seem to have here, its as if some of you can't see past FFXI when it comes to this game.. There are MMOs beyond FFXI, that had better mechanics for for endgame open world content right?
    (0)
    Last edited by Coglin; 04-02-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taika View Post
    Cichy, I see you feel really strongly about this. However, in your post you don't even bother to explain why and how you feel the HNMs ruined FFXI.
    Cichy was likely one of those people banned from using the Salvage exploit, those groups of people seem to feel the strongly against FFXI and anything from it, even though Yoshida has proven he's not at all against revisiting XI as seen with even the reuse of NPC names for the same races lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    FFXI's long re-spawn timers lead to a problem of people negating their real world responsibilities in order to camp a long spawn NM. Hence the desire to claim an NM's would often lead to people not attending work, school, or social activities. This must be avoided with XIV.
    Because no other MMORPG in the world caused people to negate RL responsibilities? We've never heard of WoW causing kids to fail in school for example?
    (0)
    Last edited by Elexia; 04-03-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lucy Lestat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Nope, I quit of my own accord when cap was raised to 80. Camped HNMs for 5 years hardcore, I have more experience with them than most people in this thread.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Fenrir/Cichy
    (0)
    Last edited by Cichy; 04-03-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    There's nothing wrong with Tiamat not spawning for 3~5 days after he is killed.
    Yes, there is. It creates the whole 200 people camping, sitting around doing nothing during spawn windows game. What was fun about that? Mobs don't have to pop once a year for their stuff to be rare/desireable, or to be challenging.

Open world HNMs, in the form they were in in FFXI, suck. period. There's a reason WoW only had like 2 of them for several years. Nobody wanted it, and almost nobody even cared to try to fight them. FFXI-style open world HNMs are open to abuses that force pops and instanced NMs aren't. They should only put things like this in the game if and when they can resolve those problems and abuses.

its as if some of you can't see past FFXI when it comes to this game.
    No. I'm seeing past FFXI right now. That's why I make the statement about issues needing to be addressed. If they rip HNMs from FFXI like they've ripped a lot of other things, it will suck. If they do it their own way and solve the problems that FFXI HNMs had, then I'm all for it.
    (0)

Player

so don't make open world HNMs the way they did in FFXI. Thats the comparison too many people are blindly making here, and forgeting there are games that did it better, and thus, would make better comparison examples
    (1)

Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast