Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhayaa View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Taika. Just wanted to make sure you understood we were suggesting 8 hours between windows and not 8 hour windows (for previously 24hr type hnm).
    Thank you, Abhayaa!

Yes, I understood you guys weren't suggesting 8 hour windows, I'm just traumatized and wanted to explicitly state that myself aswell.

I haven't really thought about the time between windows. I guess it could differ from monster to monster. Obviously 3 minutes is too fast though. And I guess I wouldn't mind even 24 hours - or even a few days - between windows for some really epic and rare HNMs.
    (0)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player
    Character
    Sri Ahbayaa
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Yeah, personally I loved the day long and week long spawns, but I'm willing to make compromises in order to get /something/ implemented. There's been a lot of support so far. I'm hoping we can keep it up and get some notice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Signy Ragnarok
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I like HNM, was fun to fight for then. But I'll bet that SE won't add them until 2.0 or later.
    (0)
    I'm the Princess of the Night~~

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Signy View Post
    I like HNM, was fun to fight for then. But I'll bet that SE won't add them until 2.0 or later.
    I agree, and expect nothing less. I am hoping that this thread will just get a message to SE, and let them know that we are quite interested.

Hopefully a dev comment will shed some light on what they think.
    (0)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Sniper Rifle
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_BG View Post
    - FFXIV needs about 500 more minor NMs like Leaping Lizzy and Golden Bat. (preferably WITH GOOD FKING DROPS THAT MEAN SOMETHING)
    With how fast it is to hit the level cap, in order to give the items dropped by rare lowbie NMs the gear would have to be like close to best in slot for a R50, to have at least some worth. Maybe even gear that would be best in slot until 50, or raid/primal entry gear, maybe comparable to a single meld r41+ gear.

Cause if NMs pop every 5mins and require like a Lv35+ to solo it, and the gear isn't even best in slot 5 levels later, it's like WTF? (Current FFXIV NMs)

For example, have a kick ass NM in the lowbie areas for each of the starting cities that drop like a +5 enmity ring, + 7 attack, +7 magic pot/healing pot.

A Lv10 could kill it.
    It spawns either;

a) Once every 3-4 hours from time of death w/ a 25-35% drop rate.
    b) 2-3 times every 24 hours, with a 100% drop rate.

For healing/magic pot maybe;

during 0 - 12 ingame NM pop it will drop Magic Attack Pot.
    during 12 - 24 ingame NM pop it will drop Healing Magic Pot.

Maybe Vampire cuttings as a replacement drop if no ring/earring drops.

The drops will last a long time (1-40+, multiple jobs),
    or can be sold on AH to make nice gil at a low level.
    Unique (or unique on account), so a person cannot hold more then one.

And these are just 3, out of 500+. As well, these NM can have a chance to spawn in two tiny areas (to spread out bot/rmt)

If it's overrun, players can just go camp one of the other 497+ NMs.

This is just an idea, as to how gear can be meaningful off world spawn NMs. Completely possible to go 1-50 without this gear, but is a nice perk for perfectionists who take pride in their short-lived trip from 1-50.
    (1)
    Last edited by SniperRifle; 03-31-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperRifle View Post
    With how fast it is to hit the level cap, in order to give the items dropped by rare lowbie NMs the gear would have to be like close to best in slot for a R50, to have at least some worth. Maybe even gear that would be best in slot until 50, or raid/primal entry gear, maybe comparable to a single meld r41+ gear.

Cause if NMs pop every 5mins and require like a Lv35+ to solo it, and the gear isn't even best in slot 5 levels later, it's like WTF? (Current FFXIV NMs)

For example, have a kick ass NM in the lowbie areas for each of the starting cities that drop like a +5 enmity ring, + 7 attack, +7 magic pot/healing pot.

A Lv10 could kill it.
    It spawns either;

And these are just 3, out of 500+. As well, these NM can have a chance to spawn in two tiny areas (to spread out bot/rmt)

If it's overrun, players can just go camp one of the other 497+ NMs.

This is just an idea, as to how gear can be meaningful off world spawn NMs. Completely possible to go 1-50 without this gear, but is a nice perk for perfectionists who take pride in their short-lived trip from 1-50.
    Pretty well said post, thanks.

What about if NM's dropped scale-able drops? (Think Rajas Ring FFXI), That has great stats, but becomes stronger as you level. Would be a cool kind of drop to obtain from NM's roaming the wilds.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by SniperRifle View Post
    With how fast it is to hit the level cap, in order to give the items dropped by rare lowbie NMs the gear would have to me like close to best in slot for a R50, to have at least some worth. Maybe even gear that would be best in slot until 50, or raid/primal entry gear, maybe comparable to a single meld r41+ gear.

Cause if NMs pop every 5mins and require like a Lv35+ to solo it, and the gear isn't even best in slot 5 levels later, it's like WTF?

For example, have a kick ass NM in the lowbie areas for each of the starting areas that drop like a +5 enmity ring, + 7 attack, +7 magic pot/healing pot.

A Lv10 could kill it.
    It spawns either;

And these are just 3, out of 500+. Can have a chance to spawn in two tiny areas...

If it's overrun, just go camp one of the other 497 NMs.

This is just an idea, as to how gear can be meaningful off world spawn NMs. Completely possible to go 1-50 without this gear, but is a nice perk for perfectionists who who take pride in their short-lived trip from 1-50.
    Speed of leveling does kinda make all low nms worthless...

I think SE needs to raise the level cap and make it so like levels 50+ you can only get via raids. That forces us to go back to grouping to level, the new system will make it easy for anybody to find a group, and power leveling won't be possible.

If they go back and slow down leveling it won't take back people already having all 50s. But if they keep 1-50 fast like that and make 50-80? 2-3 months minimum per class then for those intermediate levels like 55 65 etc we could have Valkurm emperor like nms with good drops that we'd actually use for a while.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tsubaki Nakatsu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    there are ways to compensate minor NMs for the leveling curve being completely atrocious in this game. For example have the drops have scaleable gear or have them give unique stats like run speed increase and spiritbond gain ect. Lots of things can be done.

But I do agree that the leveling needs to be slowed down a bit regardless :3
    (1)
    www.bluegarter.guildwork.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    Look at you... Just when I thought I liked Carraway more (and Fusional A LOT LESS)... Richard... you're my new favorite

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Amazing OP, you have my support. You have Identified all the weaknesses of this kind of content and have found very reasonable solutions.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiote View Post
    Amazing OP, you have my support. You have Identified all the weaknesses of this kind of content and have found very reasonable solutions.
    More important than my post, is the support and ideas that have come from everyone. I hope everyone will continue to think of ways to critique, and add more ideas to this thread. I will continue to make edits and revisions as more thoughts are entered. This thread still has plenty of room for progress!

Lets keep it coming guys, thanks for all of your input so far, be it positive or negative.
    (0)

Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast