Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Help us, Ferne! ; ;
    (0)

Greetings one and all,

I apologize for not responding to this issue right away. I wanted to see where the discussion went before chiming in...and by the looks of it, I'd say that most of you wholeheartedly approve of a change to the abbreviations.

Since the same three-letter abbreviations are used in the JP client as well, we cannot simply go in a change the English and be done with it. If a change is going to happen, it needs to be OK'd by the producer, and then every instance of it in the (spread out over several files) will need to be updated in both the EN and JP clients, and then checked by our QA teams (to make sure we caught all instances of GLD, and that we didn't accidentally write GMS!). Needless to say, it will probably be quite the task, and will all the other things on our plate right now (patch 1.19, Yoshi-P's road map, etc.) I am uncertain when we will have the time to address this issue right away.

HOWEVER! The EN Localization team thinks this a great suggestion, and will relay it to the rest of the team in hopes that they will agree with us (and you!), and add the change to the list of things to do. Once I have an update on the situation, I'll post here again. Until then, keep your fingers crossed!
    (20)

Player

"GSM" +1 in the list
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Griss Stilgar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    i see what you snuck in there mr fern
    (1)
    An Aware, Informed, and Critical community is vital for the success of a game.
    ~ John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    *cross fingers*

Its odd tho...i thought JP version used the kanji names instead of abreviations (played a few JP version FFs)...but if it also involves the JP version things might be a bit more complex than i expected. Well, hope is always the last one to die! ^^ Hopefully Yoshida can approve thiis change before PS3 release so we can prevent the newcomers from that version having the very same issue we are having right now. ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Lienn; 08-09-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Amaie Seilyn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Although GSM seems funny because of it's RL usage, I'd still like to see a change from the current GLA and GLD. Both can be easily understood as gladiator and GLD=goldsmith comes into mind only after that. I only noticed the difference after I was crafting goldsmith tools for the first time. *^^*
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It seem everything is hard to deal with in FFXIV even changing a name title of a class. They should have come up with a system that if you change the main file to GSM it would just change everything in the game too that for that class,item, and s o on.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player

GSM SHOULD BE GOLDSMITH!!!! JUST LIKE BLACKSMITH IS BSM!!!

it makes it super confusing when talking to anyone I mix this up all the time and this is coming from someone who has 38 goldsmith and 43 gladiator! FFS

I would be happy if they only fixed the GSM=GOLDSMITH part but if they did both wee I would be very happy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arcadia Aurora
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    GSM = Goldsmith, this was confusing for many players who originated from FFXI, and in turn makes it confusing for new players because some of us veterans refer to it as GSM instead of GLD lol

Also, tbh I think either GLA or GLD is ok for Gladiator, GLA being the first 3 letters, and GLD sounds like PLD (which is really all they are good for anyways!)

Looking forward to this change.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    GLD should definitely be changed to GSM. Everyone calls it a GSM anyways lol. Either GLA or GLD would work for gladiator. But like Archadius said, GLD could be confused for PLD when it comes out, so GLA would be best.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast