Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptistar View Post
    wouldnt mind having those 1 per 3-5days instance like dynamis/limbus

or quests like old promi where part of the (frustrating) fun was farming items to open the quest instance.

trigger NMs (zippa anyone?)
    Alot of us like the trigger pop idea. There is a sense of reward to your (time) investment, as compared to camping something for hours and not getting a claim.

But to the new posters, who are seeing this thread for the first time: Please keep in mind that the vast majority of us are not advocating a single style of HNM/NM. We would like see the implementation of as many styles as possible, because we all know that everyone likes different things.

I fully respect that some people do not like camping HNM, but please try to respect the fact that some do. Same goes for people routing for Open World HNM, as compared to a heavier instanced setting. We have a wide variety of players in Eorzea, and in terms of success, things are much easier when we come together for more content, rather than flame another for their specific style of play. That sentence has way to many commas, I'm sorry.
    (1)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Darth Taru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I get a slight glimmer of hope every time I see this thread get topped.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthTaru View Post
    I get a slight glimmer of hope every time I see this thread get topped.
    Me too

10char
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deceptistar Meow
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Alot of us like the trigger pop idea. There is a sense of reward to your (time) investment, as compared to camping something for hours and not getting a claim.

But to the new posters, who are seeing this thread for the first time: Please keep in mind that the vast majority of us are not advocating a single style of HNM/NM. We would like see the implementation of as many styles as possible, because we all know that everyone likes different things.

I fully respect that some people do not like camping HNM, but please try to respect the fact that some do. Same goes for people routing for Open World HNM, as compared to a heavier instanced setting. We have a wide variety of players in Eorzea, and in terms of success, things are much easier when we come together for more content, rather than flame another for their specific style of play. That sentence has way to many commas, I'm sorry.
    did you reply to a wrong post or are you just drunk?

you sound like your trying to reply politely to someone who just flamed your thread....
    (0)
    FFXIV Since Sep. 2010: Selbina/Ridill/Excalibur (Mergers)
    Currently moved to Leviathan
    I remember the Alpha days when even breathing lagged you

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptistar View Post
    did you reply to a wrong post or are you just drunk?

you sound like your trying to reply politely to someone who just flamed your thread....
    I try to be as polite as possible Even if being flamed.

Please read my entire reply to your statement, good sir! I replied to what you said, then I addressed the newer posters, who might not have seen this thread before. Some people don't read the OP and shoot straight for the last page, so I try to clear up any misconceptions that might be construed from starting at the end, because after all, this is a very long thread.

So in other words, I was responding to you, and also others.
    (0)
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; 08-02-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Deceptistar Meow
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    I try to be as polite as possible Even if being flamed.
    ...i just listed ideas....

im not sure how you took that as a flame and im not sure how a list suddenly turned into a 'flaming HNM campers' in your head.... i think your jumping the gun and should reread things more carefully before you try to justify yourself over a mistake you made.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deceptistar Meow
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    You need to separate your paragraphs more carefully. If you make 3 paragraphs and the 2nd one starts with a 'But...', then that is a continuation of the first paragraph in which you started to answer me. Needless to say, pple will think so is the 3rd paragraph if there is no considerable divider.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syn Kazama
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Yes Yes Yes to everything positive mentioned in this thread. We need NMs, HNMs, ENMs, BCNMs, KSNMs, ZNMs and lots of them. Lots of force popped ones like Sky, lots of everything, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Synfrag View Post
    Yes Yes Yes to everything positive mentioned in this thread. We need NMs, HNMs, ENMs, BCNMs, KSNMs, ZNMs and lots of them. Lots of force popped ones like Sky, lots of everything, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!
    I like your enthusiasm!

I as well, would love to see all of that
    (0)

Character
    Mijin Gakure
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    I love the concept of HNM's as they existed in FFXI, and would love to see them implemented to XIV. However, when FFXI was at its peak the only people claiming HNM's were Linkshells with NASA bot. NASA bot was a program that sold for about $1000 USD. Groups of players within Linkshells would pool their money together to buy it, and the ones who put up the money for it would usually have precedence over those who didn't in regards to drops. This made the system unbalanced.

So what's the solution? Well, it's possible to follow in the steps FFXI similar to sky or sea, but that presents it's own problem with trying to claim the NM's that drop the pop items. Another option is to emulate the ZNM system, and it looks a little bit like that's direction that XIV is taking. The problem with ZNMs in XI was in loosing a fight, exorbitant amount of time and effort were also lost. Not to mention climbing the tiers through ZNMs just to get the tiers that actually had decent loot was very boring. It seems like XIV's solution to that problem is to make the fights underwhelmingly easy, and as such to have undesirable rewards. Don't try to bother figuring out what the development team is thinking. They don't play MMOs they just attempt to make them lol.

While all of those options have a chance at half-hazardly working. I think the best would solution would be based on a simple random number generator. For example:

HNM's would have spawn windows identical to the ones in FFXI. Any time a HNM is killed registration for the next spawn window would start. Any Linkshells or "Free Companies" as it were, would then be eligible for registration by having the leader (or sub leaders) speak with a HNM registration NPC in any one of the main cities.

After the registration is complete, everyone could go about what ever activities they wished even during the spawn window of the HNM. The spawn window could be two hours for example, during which time anyone wishing to participate should remain online. When the HNM pops the leaders of all the free companies that registered will receive a message notifying them of it, and also who the winning party is. The winning party will have 15 minutes(maybe more or less?) to assemble their alliance with the at least the minimum members, and gather at the spawning location.

If the winning party wipes the privilege would be given to the winner of another random number generation done by the system. Then the system would repeat. The winners of the lot will be ineligible for registration for 48 hours, with the exception of the event in which 0 free companies register for the fight. Simple and flawless in my opinion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mijin; 08-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Page 77 of 117 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast