Player
    Character
    Orbys Draconis
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50

High Quality Crafting

I have some HQ mats, and I am trying craft higher mats of HQ. However, I have sold all of my normal quality items. When I go into the crafting window, every time I have to click up to my mats, and put on 2 of the HQ mats. This gets annoying since I am trying to make several, about 180 actually.

Is there any way to set your crafting to use HQ mats, or at least allow me to just press the Synth button without having to scroll up and click every time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Oni Sovalis
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    You can use "quick synthesis" once you hit a certain level and it allows you to craft in bulk and use HQ mats in the process. The downside is that you don't have much control over how it ends up and you get way less XP.
    (0)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GM of Aphelion - Exodus server : aphelionxiv@gmail.com - aphelion.webstarts.com

Player
    Character
    Berthom Sur
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni-Sovalis View Post
    You can use "quick synthesis" once you hit a certain level and it allows you to craft in bulk and use HQ mats in the process. The downside is that you don't have much control over how it ends up and you get way less XP.
    I think HQ mats have zero effect with Quick Synthesis; they're treated as normal mats.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Oni Sovalis
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezolitik View Post
    I think HQ mats have zero effect with Quick Synthesis; they're treated as normal mats.
    You might be right. I've barely used quick synthesis so I couldn't say. I always do it normally to maximize XP.
    (0)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GM of Aphelion - Exodus server : aphelionxiv@gmail.com - aphelion.webstarts.com

Player
    Character
    Orbys Draconis
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I only tried about 5 attempts with Quick Synth using only HQ mats, got all normal items.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyana Nekote
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    From my experience it makes little sense to use Quick Synth if you don't need a mass of NQ stuff.
    Low level items can be HQed with ease and you don't want to waste expensive mats on high level stuff without trying to HQ.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Camisado Cronqvist
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quick synthesis should only be used when you don't care about EXP or HQ synths. It is possible to make an HQ item with quick synthesis but the chance is very low and using HQ materials doesn't increase it. There is no automatic way in the game that I know of to do normal synthesis with HQ materials, you have to click those arrows every time. If you are looking to chain synth a recipe then I would suggest NQ materials, you don't get more EXP from using HQ materials.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Murcat
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 17
    so i can only come up with one solution for wanting HQ items with no effort, get a computer and get bots...wow clicking a button is too much trouble....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orbys Draconis
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I think you guys are missing what I am asking. My inventory has only HQ mats in there. When I go to create an item, it wont let me synth until I scroll up, and place the HQ materials manually into the recipe. On ps3 its somewhat annoying, because its not just a simple point and click. You have to press Up x 2, and then Right x 1 just to get to the location. Then you have to click X however many times it takes to fill up the required amount, followed by a Triangle to start the synth. All this after locating the recipe in your list.

Looking at 6-9 steps just to start creating an item. My point being its tedious and would be a much smoother process if it just allowed me to click the Synth button and use whatever materials I have available, NQ first.. and HQ last.
    (1)