Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Roaming Dragons.
    Giant Beasts.
    High Respawn Timers.
    Amazing Gear.

I know everyone crys foul over copy+paste ideas from Final Fantasy XI. But lets be honest, they were the reason alot of people played. The rush of getting claim over your enemy linkshells. Watching an awesome wipe. Seeing that ever-elusive item in the loot pool. So many amazing memories of great times.

This topic is about the possible implementation of non-instanced, highly notorious monsters to roam the open plains of Final Fantasy XIV.

I would like ideas, opinions, etc; on how we can implement something of this nature that caters to all crowds. Lets hear it.
    I think its so intertaining to see how these young and inexperienced new MMO players actually believe there first or previous MMO they played actually invented alot of these ideas..........
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    I think its so intertaining to see how these young and inexperienced new MMO players actually believe there first or previous MMO they played actually invented alot of these ideas..........
    Lets not go down this route. Everyone has to make this comment, for some unknown reason. I listed FFXI as my main source of ideas because of the way SE implemented them in that game.

Just because we choose to list ideas from our favorite MMORPG, does not mean that we are novices who have never explored the realms of other games. Lets try to keep assumptions of other players out of this thread and focus on the topic at hand. Which, I have seen many many good ideas.

Gib me muh HNMS!
    (4)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player

It's hyper.

Hyper-Notorious Monsters not Highly Notorious Monsters.

It refers to the fact that they have a rage timer.

On Topic: We don't need many, and they've already said they're doing a roaming primal. Our instanced bosses are just fine right now, and the higher level NM's are enough like this. The respawn timer and high camp numbers just made it annoying to do and caused needless drama and gear restrictions. I enjoyed them in FFXI but IMO they have no place here other than some fringe ones.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mee Yow
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    They were called HNM before they had rage timers.

Oh and http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Content_EN.pdf

Final slide, bottom box, second line from bottom in both columns.

So...pointless thread is pointless.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Instead of high re-spawn timer that will allow people to camp. It would be better as many suggestion to say "make it random spawn in many possible area" So people will see it by chance of luck instead of camping.
    This is also make a good surprise encounter too.
    (2)

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Hyper makes no sense, Highly does.

How can something be Hyper Notorious, do you know what Notorious means ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Filthy Disco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Yes, please.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hikozaemon Kenkonken
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Roaming Dragons.
    Giant Beasts.
    High Respawn Timers.
    Amazing Gear.

I know everyone crys foul over copy+paste ideas from Final Fantasy XI. But lets be honest, they were the reason alot of people played. The rush of getting claim over your enemy linkshells. Watching an awesome wipe. Seeing that ever-elusive item in the loot pool. So many amazing memories of great times.

This topic is about the possible implementation of non-instanced, highly notorious monsters to roam the open plains of Final Fantasy XIV.

I would like ideas, opinions, etc; on how we can implement something of this nature that caters to all crowds. Lets hear it.
    who needs roaming HNMs when ever elusive loot drops from time chests rofl.....good goign SE.
    Wtf we even have a open world if all the NMs/events are mostly Instanced now? Talk about a lifeless meaningless world in the end. I played Tera the otherday and it suffers from the same thing. Nothing but instance w/ fetch quest; Where you spam dungeons endlessly for crappy droprate gear.
    Maybe tie chest drops to breaking NMs bodyparts ???? idk be a bit more damn original here SE. If the dungeons released continue to have nothing but the best gear coming from time chest and at a absurdly low rate then we might as well quit while where ahead. Theres a Fine line between tedious and fun and downright disappointing in this game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    Instead of high re-spawn timer that will allow people to camp. It would be better as many suggestion to say "make it random spawn in many possible area" So people will see it by chance of luck instead of camping.
    This is also make a good surprise encounter too.
    That is actually a great tactic against claim bots... Although I am sure someone will come with some logical reason why this is silly...

The spawn area could be random across a zone...
    It could just be very large so even a claim bot can't always get the drop on it...
    or there could be 3 different spawn areas that it could randomly pop between

It already looks like SE was doing this with the original world NMs... giving them such a a large area that even a party of people using claim bots couldn't cover the entire spawn area
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Faultz Break
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    current mmorpgs are like bowling with the bumpers up
    (2)
    -Faultz Break-
    :RareEx