Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Lux_Rayna View Post
    blah, blah, blah
    im sorry but what it all boils down to innevitably is that more runs = more chances = more gears.

you are arguing about chance or luck, the fact is it is highly probable you will have to do ALOT of runs to get the drops with the current drop rate.

and conversely highly unlikely you will get all the drops (or even A drop) without doing ALOT of runs..

this thread is about whether or not having to do so much repetition is a good basis for how people play the game.

edit-

what i and some others are suggesting is that the amount of "work" required per oppurtunity for a drop be increased but the luck involved for an actual drop decrease.

There is a phycological thing happening, as an analogy if you say to someone you can only have a piece of cake if you roll a 6 on a dice people would be pretty pissed off right?.. you rolled 1-5's all day long and no cakes!! >:

but if you say to the same person they have to bake the cake before they can have some they wouldnt even know all the time there was a mechanic in place solely to try and stop them getting cake!!

dunno if that made sense lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Rogue; 04-13-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Player

all you ahve to do is not do this patch and wait for next patch when better armor will be out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    A D-6?!!? What is this RISK?! DL bodies = Zocchihedron!
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rokien View Post
    all you ahve to do is not do this patch and wait for next patch when better armor will be out.
    i have thought about that.. but then it occurs to me "will i also have to do 200+ runs of the next raid?"
    (0)

Player

I find it hard to believe that as the OP says he has not gotten anything from these runs
    I am a casual player
    I have cleared Ifrit about 15 time with only 2 totems and a pile of DM to show for it
    I have cleared AV about 10 times (4chest runs every time, no speed runs) and I got a ring, an earring, a shield and some pants
    No DL but I have seen 2 DL drops in my runs
    If I get a DL drop in 25 or so runs I will be happy, if I never get any I wont care
    Go buy 100 scratch off tickets and tell me when you hit it big........

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
    If I get a DL drop in 25 or so runs I will be happy, if I never get any I wont care
    If your happyness is ensured by material gains, then you will forever lead an unhappy life. If you can find happyness simply by being with your friends, then you will be truly happy indeed.

I am a Mage.. if a DL item falls that is not for Mage, I will happilly pass it to a friend.
    If a DL item falls that is for a Mage, but a friend needs or wants it more than me, I will happilly pass it to that friend.

I am happy enough to be here..... DL pressies are just icing on my cookiee.

I hope all those who fret over DL gear can eventually find happyness through other means ^.^
    (1)

Player

The way i see it, heres the unspoken part of this: People dont just want Darklight, they want the IM ELITE PIECES. Add in that theres a pecking order and i believe we get a clearer view of this picture. LS leaders and their pecking orders must be under some stress. ive seen 2 peeps in my server with full sets, gotta wonder how many of their LSs rabble have in total
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Varien Tutu
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    yes I know of 2 LS leaders in my server , they have done basically about 400- 500 runs already and people are getting sick and tired and some dont turn up for statkcs already, Hence LS leaders have to replace and the newly replaced are questioning the leaders why members have priorty over DL and not them ? Are u making use of us to farm for ur DL ?

If u tell me it doesnt affect the community as a whole . Bullshit !
    I still reckon that rare items must goes with difficulty and not merely rinse and repeat luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionlagh View Post
    The way i see it, heres the unspoken part of this: People dont just want Darklight, they want the IM ELITE PIECES. Add in that theres a pecking order and i believe we get a clearer view of this picture. LS leaders and their pecking orders must be under some stress. ive seen 2 peeps in my server with full sets, gotta wonder how many of their LSs rabble have in total
    (1)
    Last edited by Tutu; 04-13-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8