Page 63 of 185 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Viktor Luminasch
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Australian here. As a player I enjoy a challenge, and would welcome Titan HM or any hardmode boss as long as I know that if I looked like I dodged it, I did dodge it. It's harrying whenever I dodge that *Insert One Hit KO/Super Heavy Damage* ability I have to hold my breath and wait to see if I really dodged it or not a short while later. I know that being a player of the Oceanic region places me in an MMO blackspot, but I've played multiple other MMOs with their challenging content and I've managed just fine with a 250-315 ping. Playing the boss fights in this game forces me to see into the future, which is manageable in content with a recognizable pattern, but eventually this will change if they hope to keep content entertaining no? They can't keep the dance going forever.

Imagine a fight like Titan HM with no step by step move-set and he just chose to do everything completely random, relying on players to react then and there to every ability. It sounds like fun to me, but it'd be hell on players like me and others affected.

Point is, I congratulate those players who have adapted to this current situation, but if SE wants to vary their content in the future by moving away from the 'dance style' boss fights this particular roadblock needs to go. It affects player accountability in fights by forcing them to constantly question whether or not they have played their part based on the whims of the server, rather than by their own ability.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ezariel Bayne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by AmarantOrnitier View Post
    Snip
    Explain this to me then...

I know the pattern and preemptively move in preparation for plumes. Usually when it lands on you, you are directly in the middle. I usually end up around the same distance from the circle using the preemptive moving. A lot of the time this works fine and I take no damage. Other times I end up at the exact same distance from the circle and take damage even though I am out of it. I can't even trust that doing the same thing twice gives the same results...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Heal Bus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Can you imagine a fight like Heroic Faction Champions from ToC in this game. Yeah me neither.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tenku Kibo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    The problem with Titan HM and a lot of the instances is that what you see is not what's really happening. Based on the time of the day, when the server is more populated, server lag happens without you knowing. I've literally had to teach myself how to time in my head when the AOEs are going to happen rather than watch for the animations or ground indicators. For example, this type of lag has been occuring a lot on the Demon Wall in AK. I don't even bother following the line animation anymore. I just move my character based on counting in my head from the when the fight starts.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    lets make this a 100 page thread ;p

will SE respond if this issue gets to the media outlets? or when the subs suddenly drops?
    I am surprised the media/reviewers have not picked up on this yet, but sadly it is something you only really see at end game because of the 1 shot mechanics.

Maybe I'll send mmorpg.com, gamespot, IGN and Kotaku the link to this thread.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Soul Pierce
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    I am surprised the media/reviewers have not picked up on this yet, but sadly it is something you only really see at end game because of the 1 shot mechanics.

Maybe I'll send mmorpg.com, gamespot, IGN and Kotaku the link to this thread.
    also add this one http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...less-rewarding.

Ironically bad publicity might be what this game needs to become great.
    (3)
    Something does not feel right with your game: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/86836-The-Navel-(Hard)-plume-animation-damage-impact-out-of-sync http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/71728-The-problem-with-Instant-OFF-GCD-abilities-makes-combat-feel-less-rewarding http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/91388-Silence-not-taking-effect-even-though-it-is-used-before-enemy-finishes-the-casting http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/86887-Unable-to-activate-skills-even-though-UI-displays-them-as-available-for-use

Player
    Character
    Hazy Moon
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect View Post
    Yes welcome to the new generation of MMO! We will be adding more and more server and skill lag to make the game harder instead of coming up with innovative ways to really make mechanics harder. Difficult should not be based on ones ability to make up for latency, it shoud be based on fun mechanics.

Shit is not difficult, this game has the same mechanics as every other MMO... DONT STAND IN SHIT LOL. But with the horrible ability and server lag it is almost impossible at times to get out of it unless you move before it shows up.
    Maybe it's your computer then. I haven't lagged at all that I can remember.

And I agree, this game isn't really difficult; it's just a little more difficult then the dubbed down versions of recent MMOs, but hey, I'm not the one complaining.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ed Elric
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    FFXIV Endgame in a Nutshell, quadrillion people idling in Revenants and spamming around:

Day in, day out.

(2)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Branford
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HazyMoon View Post
    Maybe it's your computer then.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Lydall Momoda
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHeat View Post
    bmhu

Finally someone post proof. that is exactly what happened to me fighting titan. really not looking forward to HM Titan
    OMGS! Totally love this video. Hope SE fix it quickly, free subscription almost end soon!
    (2)

Page 63 of 185 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast