Player
    Character
    Doctor Sugarbear
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by AlahnSiegrain View Post
    No they are fine as they are. Even at rank 45+, each level takes around 3,5-4hours of constant grind. This is not that much tbh, but it is indeed tedious. It does feel grindy etc etc, but having access to the rare high leveled materials is a great reward for it.

If everyone could cap those in a day, the gatherer's economy would turn into a mess.
    So true. Make it too easy and the class is pointless because everyone will have maxed it. They should make it fun though, like a minigame or qte or something.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Heal Bus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The gatherer's economy is already a mess and I think that the huge stacks of ore people accumulate when leveling is a primary cause to this. Earning potential of high level mining pales embarrassingly next to spiritbonding gear or some of the crafting classes.

Having people gather probably 5-10 tradecrafts worth of ore per level was probably not a smart design decision.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lana'lein Fune
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 50
    The issue that make mining/botanist feel tedius and boring at later levels, is the running in a circle between 4 nodes, and only have 4 attempts at each. Its a running game.
    They could have added more nodes over a wider area. There are plenty of space in the game, why not use it?
    Back in 1.0, there were many underground caves, small non-instanced dungeons. They could have been perfect gathering areas.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malachi Mori
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 22
    I have to ask; are you using experience points boost scrolls that you can purchase from your Grand Company? On top of that I use my rest experience points with those 2. These make a huge difference when used in combination. Huge.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zeto Negi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Post 30 they fall off hard, the XP TNL starts to greatly outpace the total XP you get under a scroll(80k+40k bonus). By mid 30s, a scroll, with rested XP isn't even a level. A bit after 40, you'll need 2 scrolls with rested XP for both to level. 49-50, you'll need 3 scrolls with full rested XP for all 3 and you still won't get to 50. And your XP per hit gets comparatively horrible each level. Even with scrolls you'll get a fairly large surplus of raw materials unless you use the extremely inefficient gathering leves I mean you only need like 8 to go from 49-50.
    (0)
    たまねぎララフェル

Player
    Character
    Romu Zari
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I hit 50 miner the other day. It took me about a month. My key to success is to get rested exp from the point I log out at bed time to when I get home from work. First thing I did was get on miner and get to mining. When I have some leves saved up I started using them til they were out, and I always made sure I did the eval leves for bigger exp bonuses. I always did both leves and using my rested exp bonus at the same time. When leves ran out I did mining according to my log, usually an item that would guarantee me 80%+ success rate before abilities. After exp bonus wears I usually hung around long enough to mine a full levels worth of exp then left for DoW or DoL class until the next day's exp bonus.

This took a month to complete miner. I avoided the mind dulling grind, and I have a 50 miner to show for it. A month with a hour or two every day spent on gathering isn't too terribly much to ask for. I ain't saying I agree with the low experience points from nodes, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Undie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    mh, took me ~50 leves from 25-50 botanist and some short periods of grinding

all in all I needed a week from 1-50 while playing 3-4 hours per day
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HealBus View Post
    The gatherer's economy is already a mess and I think that the huge stacks of ore people accumulate when leveling is a primary cause to this. Earning potential of high level mining pales embarrassingly next to spiritbonding gear or some of the crafting classes.

Having people gather probably 5-10 tradecrafts worth of ore per level was probably not a smart design decision.
    Been saying this for months. It's distorted and creates bottlenecks in the beast mats and Shards. The system is ripe for RMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetonegi View Post
    Post 30 they fall off hard, the XP TNL starts to greatly outpace the total XP you get under a scroll(80k+40k bonus). By mid 30s, a scroll, with rested XP isn't even a level. A bit after 40, you'll need 2 scrolls with rested XP for both to level. 49-50, you'll need 3 scrolls with full rested XP for all 3 and you still won't get to 50. And your XP per hit gets comparatively horrible each level. Even with scrolls you'll get a fairly large surplus of raw materials unless you use the extremely inefficient gathering leves I mean you only need like 8 to go from 49-50.
    OW exper never scaled in FF14. They are terrified of people leveling in the OW and I'm pretty sure Gathering shares its exper resources with OW combat so they can't fix Gathering as long as they have this fetish with blocking OW leveling of combat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fuz Rush
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Why do these 2 jobs feel like the most massive grind I have ever done in a mmorpg in recent years? I mean I think the exp per hit needs to be alot higher, because my friend with fishing can get like 6000 exp for 1 hq fish, and he gets it obscenly often, meanwhile we get way less than that for an hq. Any plans to fix this? because these 2 classes just level ungodly slow.

Its not so much its slow its more the fact how stupidly boring it is to level them. Anyway Any tips other than do leve's leves don't help all that much, I mean they do help but meh.
    Except fishing it's almost useless, there's lot of randomness in it and doesn't pay well at all.

Said so, I agree that MIN/BOT are way too slow to level and are an insane grind.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Undie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    phew phew

(0)

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast