Player
    Character
    Aryn Tatsuuchi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    They removed the belts because having to allow for all the different belt styles each class could wear was hampering their ability to create unique looking gear (think Acolyte/Foestriker gear for examples of such gear) that wouldn't have jarring clipping issues with the belts. It was a choice between displaying all belts and having truly interesting gear. iirc the AF in V1 overrode belts so they wouldn't be displayed also.

This is one example of how the dev team took a step back and made design decisions based on larger considerations that aren't as apparent to users. Perhaps contributers to this thread should consider that design decisions they don't like may be made to avoid problems we aren't aware of.
    Actually, thinking about this, having the pieces that are less compatible with belts could have them remove equipped belts and stat+ to compensate...

Just like the other pieces that do the same... Such as the cowls, and other chest pieces that remove headgear...

*shrug*
    (1)

3. 09-07-2013 11:40 AM

Player
    Character
    Ramza Wyvernjack
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 64
    Too long. Didn't read. I thought it was something really serious.
    Too late to edit such a major part of models.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaori Mazawa
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    God, I can't unsee it... Especially with most of the gathering gear I'm wearing.
    I would be okay with either correcting the shirt models or a butt buff. :3
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bernkastel Kues
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 37
    as long as we are posting about this kinda stuff, I would like to know why lalafells belly buttons are almost invisible now? When will this be fixed along with the female Miquo'te problem. in the very first alpha/beta I played of 2.0, this problem didn't exist, but now it does. Yes, it is a weird thing to get annoyed by, it annoys me! I call for Lalafell belly button equality!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lady Luck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't know a lot about making games and what not. But if they add bigger butts, doesn't that mean they have to redo a lot?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Glacial Coruscation
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    virtual butts srs bsns
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kanikou Escaflowne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by iPlayBad View Post
    I don't know a lot about making games and what not. But if they add bigger butts, doesn't that mean they have to redo a lot?
    Yep, they'd have to redo every model and even set NPCs which at times aren't tied to the player models - they would also have to redo some of the armor models or the way it fits characters, so all in all, it'd just be work better spent on something else much like the work spent on minions could have been spent on something else even if it seems minimal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Luck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennestia View Post
    Yep, they'd have to redo every model and even set NPCs which at times aren't tied to the player models - they would also have to redo some of the armor models or the way it fits characters, so all in all, it'd just be work better spent on something else much like the work spent on minions could have been spent on something else even if it seems minimal.
    That's what I thought. I rather them spend that same time on something more important as well, like less ugly armor but meh.

/shrugs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sann Heights
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 84
    Every developer is not on the same task. Even having one dedicated designer on tasks like these can make it happen at one point, programmers intentionally make shortcuts if there needs to be corrections in coding.
    (1)

Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast