Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Diabolos is fun when you try to hit the doors and they take like 10 seconds to activate. So you compensate by hitting them early and just end up wiping your party cause then it actually went off and you exited the door too soon. Hopefully this gets fixed soon!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kizryn Rokazrah
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 46
    I'm in the USA (Texas), and play with a buddy from Canada, and we're both having extreme lag / skill interruptions. People warping all over the place, but the real annoyance are the constant "INTERRUPTED" on skills accompanied by "Cannot execute at this time" messages.

Took all of these screenshots today as evidence:

http://imgur.com/a/RWaT0

This needs to be fixed - ASAP. Lots of people I grouped with today were complaining about this issue, mostly casters with long spell cast times (like myself), but it probably effects everyone to a degree. I had some people in my FC just give up doing dungeons today because the lag/skill interruptions are so bad.

I watched Transpose take 6+ seconds to switch from Astral Fire to Umbral Ice (several times) after casting, while sitting there being completely useless with little to no mana. I've had the same skill get interrupted SIX times in a row.

Unacceptable.

FYI, me and my friend are on the Leviathan server.

I also found this thread on GameFAQs mentioning the same issue: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/67805...eborn/68898091

And on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._in_instances/
    (3)
    Last edited by id0l; 03-29-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rel'axel Yakashe
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I'm having upwards of 10-15 sec lag spikes in Coil Turn 1, at the moment. Multiple 90Ks and 2002 errors started off my day and are sprinkled throughout. At times, I'm staying logged in for less time than it actually takes TO log in.

Millions of players. $13-15 dollars per month from each. Why not invest a little of that into servers that aren't toasters? Instance stability should be one of the most important things to take care of right alongside overall server stability. Although this always seems to happen with new patches... its like they don't test this stuff. They really need to devote a LOT of resources to this, as its so widely used.

Apologies if this has sort of turned into a rant thread... but this is a known issue that persists and I see very little being done to fix it, let alone talk about it. Because of course I know, SE has some sort of clause that says this is normal, so screw you and any time you miss out on questing, 'cuz we got your money anyway. -_-

Update: I've now 90K'd at the same exact spot in Turn 1, just before the loot drops... both times dropped the item I was after. Drop rates should determine if I get an item or not, Square-Enix. Not a goddamn server error.
    (3)
    Last edited by Trance_Axel; 03-30-2014 at 06:32 AM.
    Why is it called "Emergency Maintenance" when its become so routine?

Player
    Character
    Bishop Sensei
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 48
    every dungeon has been severely lagging, ever since the midnight hotfix recently. SE obviously rolled out a hotfix without even testing it. it's not server stress, someone broke the code. honestly, it would be better to just roll back all the servers to- before the hotfix. which results in LOTS of time and money lost for SE. for players, expect another huge hotfix next week. besides this, ps3 users randomly crash on cutscenes- anything from teleporting to any city, to quest cutscenes, to boss cutscenes can and will crash them. thats a grade A bug.

the lag reminds me of when 2.1 first came out. it was as if you cache'd EVERYTHING and never released anything from the 'overworld'. especially other player characters.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Larissa Blackheart
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    03/29/2014 7:24 PM
    Currrent Known Issue Regarding the Delay Experienced in Certain Instances (Mar. 29)
    After the release of patch 2.2, we have confirmed an issue wherein players experience a huge delay in their character’s actions while in certain instances.

We understand that this issue needs to be addressed with priority so we are currently working around the clock to investigate and address this matter.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rel'axel Yakashe
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Nice to see they're acknowledging the problem. Fixing it is a whole 'nother matter. Hopefully the fix comes out soon, though. If its a week or more, I'll be looking for compensation for the time I've paid to play this unplayable game.
    (1)
    Last edited by Trance_Axel; 03-30-2014 at 06:40 AM.
    Why is it called "Emergency Maintenance" when its become so routine?

Player
    Character
    Spanky Atrophic
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    It's their servers. SE is cheap and won't upgrade them to modernized servers.
    (2)
    Spanky Atrophic - Cactuar

Player
    Character
    Cormyr Isavo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I would like to point something out here that I sincerely do not appreciate from S-E.

To take from what Cons posted - which is a direct copy from what S-E has given out to the public:

"Currrent Known Issue Regarding the Delay Experienced in Certain Instances (Mar. 29)
    After the release of patch 2.2, we have confirmed an issue wherein players experience a huge delay in their character’s actions while in certain instances."

Wait. Don't you mean whilst in, potentially and theoretically... ALL instances? Every single dungeon I've been into, I've had these issues, granted I don't have access to them all, but the people I know who do have access to them all have reported having lag issues within them - so if it isn't all the dungeons, it's something pretty damn near... And surely the people working at S-E have the capability to gather this information, right?
    I can't help but feel that S-E are trying to pull the wool over their customer's eyes, by making the issue sound better than it actually is.
    And seriously, if that isn't the aim here - Perhaps better care needs to be taken when wording such announcements.

Yes, I'm cynical - But I am willing to believe that this was a mistake of wording, or general lack of information leading to the wording making it appear as though this is the case. Either way, y'know... It doesn't look good.

I'm not expecting anything, to be entirely honest, but I've had a few days now where it has been getting seemingly increasingly more and more difficult to actually partake in a large amount of the game that I am paying a monthly subscription for... And... This is basically money wasted. I'm paying for a service that I am essentially unable to receive at an acceptable level.
    I appreciate that there are people working on it, don't get me wrong - but if this goes on for too long, all I'm saying is that there are going to be people out there who are getting rather irritated. People no doubt appreciate all the work that's going into this, but if this is what's going to happen on each major update, perhaps further fine-tuning needs doing before public release?

I dunno, babbling a touch here, I admit - ideas are ideas and nothing more... Whether or not they can actually be done is a different matter, and I don't know the criteria that S-E has to determine whether or not they can't... So might as well throw the idea out and hope, right?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    U'lafihna Vashai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50

Everything but Coil

Everyone in my FC lags so bad in every dungeon except coil that the game is completely unplayable for duty finder content. That's right, we are paying for an unplayable game until this lag is fixed. 5-10 second delay on all actions, all player and enemy movement. You want to dodge? Nah bro, you aint dodging nothing. Use combos for your classes? HAH! Heavy Swing/Bootshine/Heavy Thrust/Fast Blade spam only all day every day! I think I got to Greased lightning III once in a full run of Amdapor!

I hope you like farming coil and nothing else cause that's all that works!

Thanks for the thought Square, but we liked it better the way it was before. Change it back please? I could even go for another 25hr maint!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Alaric Vance
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    This is happening to me as well. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Bump.
    (2)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast