Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Don't panic! Yoshida said everything'll be all right after Wada's resignation

Yoshida posted on the Japanese boards to say that everything'll be all right.

Here's my quick translation (copied and pasted directly from my article, so please forgive the article-like tone)

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida immediately took to the official Japanese Lodestone forums reassuring the fans, and clarifying that the change in leadership and the restructuring won’t have any effect on the development of the game:

"Please be assured that our development policy, development attitude and development structure won’t be affected at all."
    He also added that the reason why he didn’t communicate much recently wasn’t due to the news released today, but simply because he has been very busy with the game’s beta testing (the first phase has just ended and the second phase will begin within the first ten days of April). He continued with his usual positive attitude:

"Our policies haven’t changed at all, and we’re pushing forward to the launch of the new game backed by the support of the whole company.
    Actually our sense of responsibility towards the rebirth of Final Fantasy XIV is strengthened. As producer and Director I’m determined and prepared for it and I’m working hard to deliver the best game I can.
    Please don’t worry."
    He finally followed up with a further post stating that concern from the fans is understandable and thanking them for it.

--

Of course if anyone that understands Japanese better than me sees any mistake in the translation feel free to correct me, but it should be all right.
    (46)
    Last edited by Abriael; 03-26-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Emmalynn Tsukiko
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Thanks for posting this <3

Much appreciated.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazzan View Post
    Thanks for posting this <3

Much appreciated.
    Glad to be of service
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Who's gonna sit in the middle of the Live Letters, and keep shoving pieces of paper into the microphone over and over now?
    (37)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KiriA500 View Post
    Who's gonna sit in the middle of the Live Letters, and keep shoving pieces of paper into the microphone over and over now?
    I actually think we're gonna see Wada at least in the next letter still. He's not going to leave until June, and he deserves the credit.

Honestly when he'll be gone, I'll miss him. He deserves much more credit than people give him.
    (10)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    Honestly when he'll be gone, I'll miss him. He deserves much more credit than people give him.
    Why? It would seem that all Wada has managed to do is sully the Final Fantasy and Square Enix name.

Square Enix post-2006 is a sad joke.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Pico Man
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    I hope Wada is in the Live Letter 6.

Even though it was probably his call to release before Cataclysm, he has been very supportive and actually played 1.0 a lot.
    (4)
    Download my iPad app on the App Store http://bit.ly/10QMy4C ^^

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ClausL View Post
    Why? It would seem that all Wada has managed to do is sully the Final Fantasy and Square Enix name.

Square Enix post-2006 is a sad joke.
    "It's all Wada's fault!"

This comment reminds the utter ignorance i roll my eyes at when I read people rejoicing because Riccitiello was removed as EA's CEO.

Seriously, you know nothing on how the management of a company works.

If anything Wada is to be thanked for supporting the release of A Realm Reborn, which is one of the most positive actions I've seen a game publisher do in a decade.

... and it's kind of funny that most of the comments I roll my eyes at around here come pretty much from the same source...
    (18)

Player

Blaming a company's president for his actions is much less silly than saying you'll "miss him" (you'll miss a company president...?) and "he deserves more credit".

Oh please. He goofed. He's losing his job. That's it. Don't shed too many tears over him, I'm sure he'll continue to be rich and overpaid.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ClausL View Post
    Blaming a company's president for his actions
    May want to use the correct wording "Blaming a company's president for the company's actions" Which is an entirely different (and quite ignorant) thing.

I'll definitely miss Wada's skits in the live letters, which is what we're talking about. Now back under that bridge, please.
    (18)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast