Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Garoden Skye
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    i'd second that on cheaper repairs, especially if they could also make dark matter farmable again (which would provide more incentive to level crafts & gathers to boot)
    (5)

Player

Reduce transportation and repair costs by about 90%. Leave everything else as is. Then wait and see. Change stuff if more things are required. Worst case scenario - add in exp loss on death if needed. Had a 1900 gil repair bill from farming up just shy of 50 animal hides to craft leatherworker today from playing my 50 Paladin. That's just a bit over the top considering what I was fighting.
    (6)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    Level crafting jobs, this isn't like FFXI where it's a guessing game of whether or not you will get skill to level up, you will level up. I made 400k leveling Armorer from 32-50
    How much of that 400k did you make from selling to NPC's?

If the answer is 0g, then your post is null and defunct.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Ashigaru Gladespliter
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Lvl 50 relic weapon, quest item crafted weapon 80-100k (avg) augs to go in it 60k avg ea then 5k ea to fit them.. so your looking at 220k on the low side just for an item to continue your relic weapon quest. Yes if i liked crafting i would do this but i don't like crafting, i shouldnt have to craft everything i need, there should be some way to make money and it was brought up in beta how low the gil amounts were for mobs and quests. Average cost to repair AF gear (non token gear) 2700. There is now way to make any amount of cash at 50. Running fates as a paladin i get sometimes 80 gil and if the group gets the tag its like 250 or so which is rare. One options was to from the start take the coin amount instead of the armor or potion options but really who does that and i never even considered it, had no idea i would need to drop 200k right off the bat at 50.

Not only the above listed but how are we to be able to have a house if the cost as they suggest would be the amount of lvling a job to 50 3 times (i guess the total amount you would make from that) I just dont see the unflux of gil needed to maintain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Don Katsu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_Mourningwood View Post
    How much of that 400k did you make from selling to NPC's?

If the answer is 0g, then your post is null and defunct.
    140K roughly

Making money in this game is not hard. Stop teleporting everywhere you will notice how much you save on that alone.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kairi Young
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52
    I agree that resale value for items should be raised to perhaps half of their purchase price (I know this doesn't work out properly for dungeon drops, but I'm sure there can be an algorithm to work it out.) But all of these people complaining "But I dun wanna craft or gather!" need to QQ more.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Linena Faewind
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Trash in dungeons have a chance to drop the allaghan(sp?) silver/gold metals.
    give you more of a reason to kill trash, and helps the money generation
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Coralie Moonseeker
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Lower repair cost once you get certain rank in your Grand Company, reduce it up to 50%. Give everyone one free repair on all gears per 24 hours - only gear you equipped. That would solve the problem easily.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Altanas Aidendale
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Suggestions on Gil Generation

1. PvP for points used to turn in to a NPC for boxes of gil or for the Allagan pieces. This will encourage players into trying out PvP. You want Gil? Well let Yoshi-P floor your ass!

2. Make the Hunting Log repeatable weekly per class but change the XP reward into a gil reward. This encourages players to try all the classes so they get all logs access.

3. Have FATE gold medals give a chance of Allagan pieces say 1 to 10 pieces, with greater chance if in a party. This will bring back the excitement "ohhh dorp" moments to this game!

4. Add Tents back into Final Fantasy. This could be craftable/cost 5k gil but when used fully repair everyone in the party. This can be a shared gil investment for Free Companies. This encourages parties to be risk takers or to cope with newbies/lesser skilled players. Its not a burden to die anymore!

5. And about dailies, they should be overarched into the game not the same few quests to burn through in a daily area like SWTOR. You could have a Duty Finder Quest daily with a gil reward so its merged into existing content.

6. Add and Revamp the Daily/Hunt board to the Adventurers Guilds. It was in Version 1 but the reward was shards I believe. In ARR it even has npc's with relevant speech bubbles at the Uldah board. Add specific Hunt NMs from a large pool to choose from and variety of level ranges. This would be separate to FATE. Daily Hunt with gil reward and drops too!

7. Add and Revamp the Qigirn Black Market from version 1 operating both ways, so goods are going npc to player but also player to npc. For example, counterfeit gil lol? Perhaps a trade in Pink dungeon items?

Seriously, if we don't have any gil to throw around, adding the Gold Saucer will be a hilariously bad joke on SE's part
    (14)
    Last edited by Altanas; 09-07-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Roscoe Ludovico
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfin View Post
    How long does it take to make a stack worth 4950? I will add this to the list if it is not a major time sink, as the majority of players will not or cannot give the much time and still enjoy the game.
    I can't say for sure because I'm not 50 yet, but I can give you an idea.

I ate food that increased gathering and farmed exactly as long as it lasted, 30 min.

During that time I got ~175 regular ores and ~30 high quality. I'm not sure what the high quality sells for. Let's say the high quality compensates for what you would have got without the food and call it 2 stacks.

I was a level or two over, but my gear was lagging so the rate would have been about the same at level with level appropriate gear.

Based on that I can guess at 10k every 30 min., which isn't bad with people saying a raid repair bill is around 500gil.

But that is just my best guess. You would need to ask a level 50 miner in level 50 gear to be sure.
    (0)

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast