Player
    Character
    Brandon Roan
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 28

Attribute bonus points questions

I'm not exactly a new player, but this is a noob question.
    Am I in anyway able to redo the bonus points for my attributes?
    I think I remember reading that it's permanent in the tutorial help thing.

reason I want to redo is, I play as a Tank lvl28 gld and have neglected my Dexterity attribute and I don't need strength for dungeon raiding.

Can somebody tell me the total attribute bonus points you receive? (per class)
    Also, if I level another war class (like pug), do I keep the bonus points or are they bound to the war class?

Would really appreciate the help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chococo Cobo
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Each class has their own attribute bonus points. At lv 50, you get a total of 30 bonus points per class. These points are not carried forward upon changing jobs, meaning you can, say, add 30 INT for your thaumaturge, while adding 30 MND for your conjurer.

You can redo the bonus by using a 'something' hymn, forgot full name. You can get this item with 10k grand company seals from the GC gear vendor. I believe you need to bring this item to the respective guild counter and talk to the NPC to reset the stats.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by chococo View Post
    These points are not carried forward upon changing jobs
    To avoid any confusion due to the incorrect terminology - each class have it's own points / stats however jobs actually share the stats / points.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Brandon Roan
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 28
    Thanks a lot for everything!
    I've used 11 points for my Strength, so I might have to cough up the seals if I want to be a better Tank soon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Big Mac
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 29
    Okay this is what I've been looking for I hope. According to what Chococo and HEC have posted. If you level up as a Lancer to lv50 and put a total of 30 attribute points in to Strength then switch to Marauder at lv1 your strength should be 30 points higher than that of some one who just started a new Marauder and has not leveled in any other class.

So basically to max out a character you would need to level all classes to lv50 and apply all 30 attribute points from each class into the respective classes stat affinity. Except for THM and ARC in which you might put 10 points from each into PIE to increase your max MP.

GLA - 30 in VIT
    MRD - 30 in VIT
    ACH - 30 in DEX
    LAN - 30 in STG
    PUG - 30 in STG
    CON - 30 in MND
    THM - 20 in INT 10 in PIE
    ARC - 20 in INT 10 in PIE
    (0)
    Last edited by BlasterDarkR; 09-12-2013 at 05:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sad Panda
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    No this is not how it works, think of each class/job as a completely different character. Points that you put into any stat on Lancer will have no affect at all on Marauder at any level.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spawnie Lionheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC View Post
    To avoid any confusion due to the incorrect terminology - each class have it's own points / stats however jobs actually share the stats / points.
    so since im pure dex on my bard if i switched to lancer it would have that dex bonus also?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lanaya Valerian
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    No, those are classes. Jobs as in Bard, share their attribute points with their corresponding class. (Archer in this case)

Every class (Conjurer, Archer, Lancer....etc) has it's individual attribute points.
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    so since im pure dex on my bard if i switched to lancer it would have that dex bonus also?
    If you put all DEX into Archer, then you will have all DEX on your Bard. It will not impact any of your other classes or jobs.
    If you put all INT into Arcanist, then you will have all INT on your Summoner and your Scholar. It will not impact any of your other classes or jobs.

I.e. Every Class has 30 points to spend on that Class only. Other Classes do not benefit from points spent on other classes. Every Job uses whatever points you spent on its corresponding Class.
    (0)