Page 48 of 117 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Pandora Vainglory
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I hope they review this thread & make use of the ideas in it, +1.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.

Player

Aye yo Yoshi-P.. I want to hear your thoughts on this thread, and open-world HNM in general (regardless of pop conditions). Could be kind of a "make it" or "break it" thing for some of us, and it would be nice to know the developers level of enthusiasm for this.

Btw, not talking about more of the same type of NMs we currently have, but specifically H-NM and the ideas presented in the OP.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Exni View Post
    Aye yo Yoshi-P.. I want to hear your thoughts on this thread, and open-world HNM in general (regardless of pop conditions). Could be kind of a "make it" or "break it" thing for some of us, and it would be nice to know the developers level of enthusiasm for this.

Btw, not talking about more of the same type of NMs we currently have, but specifically H-NM and the ideas presented in the OP.
    I would also love to see what the Dev's think about this subject. I do not expect Yoshi P. himself to comment on this thread, being that we all know he is busy working wonders with this game. But it would definitely be nice to see what the devs to think about this subject.

I don't want to jump the gun, but with 10,000 views, 400+ replies, and 125+ likes, I think it is safe to thee there is quite a bit of interest in "Highly Notorious Monsters" (Hyper, Highly, High, whatever you want it to be!)
    (0)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Cyonos Teventir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Faffhog ftw!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonos View Post
    Faffhog ftw!
    So we have nailed on the subject of Open-World HNM's, Lottery Spawn, Force Spawn, etc, etc..

Let's talk about instanced HNM. Being that they are "sort-of" implemented in the game, we already have a little bit of ground work laid out.

Instanced HNM would be an alternative to those who don't want to go out and camp the open world side of things. Not only that it would be a fun time-killer when there are no events going on. I'll post more on the subject as I have time today (working on a Saturday -.-;; )
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Instanced HNM would be an alternative to those who don't want to go out and camp the open world side of things.
    While I agree there should also be other kinds of (H)NMs in addition to open world ones, why do they have to be instanced? Why not make them pop item NMs?

In my previous post I suggested implementing something like the FFXI ZNM system in FFXIV. Quoting myself here:

Quote Originally Posted by Taika View Post
    I would also like to see something similar to ZNMs in XI to be implemented in XIV (and I think it was also mentioned earlier in this thread aswell). For those of you who are not familiar with the concept, ZNMs were pop item NMs in high level expansion areas. You could gather a party for a ZNM run, everyone would bring their own pop items and you would kill them as a group. ZNMs dropped some really nice pieces of gear, and were available for everyone. There were 5 different tiers of ZNMs: for the first ones you only needed a few people to kill them, whereas the fourth tier ones required a fairly skilled alliance (18 players) to kill. The last ZNM was a really difficult monster called Pandemonium Warden which was the second hardest (which means unkillable for most groups) boss in the game at the time I played XI. You had to kill lower tier ZNMs to get pop items for the next tier, which was great for a static ZNM group, because it pretty much guaranteed all members would get all drops they desired from the lower tier monsters. Farming pop items also required taking tons of "photographs" from different monsters in game, but I'd like to black that part out.
    (0)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Taika View Post
    While I agree there should also be other kinds of (H)NMs in addition to open world ones, why do they have to be instanced? Why not make them pop item NMs?

In my previous post I suggested implementing something like the FFXI ZNM system in FFXIV. Quoting myself here:
    They don't necessarily need to be Instanced, but as we have seen there are quite a few people who absolutely love instanced content. And that is fine, we need to cater to all crowds. HNM's popped via items are a wonderful idea, but not truly instanced. In my opinion, when we talk about Instanced HNM's, I think of a linkshell event where an alliance (or the equivalent to an alliance in XIV) can meet up and go into an instance and go into battle with an impressive HNM. Something along those lines.

Your ZNM quote, I will put on the front page. However, I hated taking pictures, lets think of a system that isn't so... tedious and boring? I remember having to drudge all the way to sky and sleep dark eles... oh the days! There is definitely a better way to go about earning pop items to bring your ZNM's to life!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jugs Ofholyness
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Open-World HNMs with "good" items, should meet the following requirements in order to succeed and win the Internet:

1. Challenging to fight

2. Fun to fight (the HNM constantly does special moves or attacks with unique animations that are beautiful to watch. this doesn't mean make the HNM harder, for all I care make these "aesthetic" moves do 1 point of damage)

3. Drop items that are one tier below "real" instanced content

4. Allow anyone at anytime to engage and fight it

5. Allow anyone who has engaged it, and within 10 levels of the "Suggested Level" to fight it, be able to lot on its drops (so assuming it's a boss that would give the entire server of Level 50's trouble in defeating it, a Lv1-39 can assist, but cannot lot on drops)

6. 6 hour respawn timer, to allow people from all 4 different schedules of a day (morning, afternoon, evening, midnight) a crack at it
    (0)
    Last edited by firepixiedarien; 04-01-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by firepixiedarien View Post
    5. Allow anyone who has engaged it, and within 10 levels of the "Suggested Level" to fight it, be able to lot on its drops (so assuming it's a boss that would give the entire server of Level 50's trouble in defeating it, a Lv1-39 can assist, but cannot lot on drops)
    In this case, please add that it will drop several items. However, in XIV we don't have a lotting system, so I fear that it would have to work like Ifrit/Moogle drops--since everyone's not partied up, there'd be no way to pass... and even if there was, why would people that aren't in the same shell even bother?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by firepixiedarien View Post

3. Drop items that are one tier below "real" instanced content
    Please explain why Open World content should be one "tier" under instanced content in terms of obtainable gear.

Also, are open world HNM's not "real"? I am confused by your statement. Unless you are trying to say instanced is real and HNM's are fake.. even then I would still be confused.
    (1)

Page 48 of 117 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast