Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralliare View Post
    Some form of auto complete for the names would be nice. A text file of every character name on your server would not be hard to generate at login, and would be bloody time in size. So type the first 4-5 characters and it starts suggesting or some such.
    I think it will be difficult to differentiate it with the auto translate, I mean the variation would be endless since the auto translate would also be in the list

as for TC, NPC have first and last name. Why can't we?

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ralliare View Post
    Some form of auto complete for the names would be nice. A text file of every character name on your server would not be hard to generate at login, and would be bloody time in size. So type the first 4-5 characters and it starts suggesting or some such.
    Let's make it easy for RMT to spam Generating a text list with all players logged on is one of the worse idea ever. If anything, SE needs to add a way to be completely anonymous/invisible and not appear in search results.
    (1)
    Antipika.
    Deathsmiles II-X - Difficulty Lv.2+ (1CC/2LC ALL clear) : http://youtu.be/pjRuwv_-MlI?hd=1
    Touhou 13 - Ten Desires (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=PL194872B2BBA7CA67
    Touhou 12.5 - Double Spoiler (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BD180E7054F3C1A2
    Touhou 9.5 - Shoot the Bullet (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=53B01AAE8A03BDD1
    Touhou 8 - Imperishable Night (all clear) : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7A5C1FF6BDAD1C1B

Player
    Character
    Pocket Hockey
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You could always learn to type, and maybe choose a name that's not rediculiously difficult to spell out of consideration to other players. The ability to touch type is a priceless skill to have in life.
    (1)
    http://www.pocket-hockey.com <-My ffxiv adventure!

Now with nVidia Surround!!!
    MicroATX Desktop - i7 950 - 12gb ram - 2x GTX580
    2x Intel 520 180gb SSD's in Raid0 - 3x 28" LCD @ 5760x1200

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hysterior View Post
    I like having First Name and Last Name in this game but they should to a tell by clicking on the character you wanna talk to as well. Such a pain...
    /t <t>

10char

... er, nvm see above.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lona Shiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by nasomi View Post
    You could always learn to type, and maybe choose a name that's not rediculiously difficult to spell out of consideration to other players. The ability to touch type is a priceless skill to have in life.

I love you pocket Hockey. Brofist!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadigre View Post
    If you're finding it a pain to type out somebody's full name you can just type the first three letters and hit tab key. This'll have the rest of the name pop up!

You have to interact with them beforehand, but once that's out of the way you're all set!

For example, if I player were to type 'F - A - D' and hit tab after say... sending me a tell they'd get 'Fadigre Delmonty' pop up in their auto-translate options
    that's all well and good but as soon as you log out, it forgets any name you've typed. Also names with certain letter combinations never show up in auto-translate. All names in any linkshell you are a member of, at the very least, of should come up in auto-translate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Molly_Millions; 06-30-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    that's all well and good but as soon as you log out, it forgets any name you've typed. Also names with certain letter combinations never show up in auto-translate. All names in any linkshell you are a member, at the very least, of should come up in auto-translate.
    Actually.
    I've logged in today, and decided to try out that function. Rather, I Was exploring what tab-complete was giving me. I went to page 5, saw [Audience] and thought "Wow, what's there?". I went to check, and there were... Player names. God, those were player names of people I haven't ever spoken to in my entire life except to comment on their weird names to my LS, and that was at the VERY least last a week ago.

Then I tried starting to type the name of a person that wasn't on the list but was a friend of mine, hit tab, and there his name was.

I think it saves older names.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Actually.
    I've logged in today, and decided to try out that function. Rather, I Was exploring what tab-complete was giving me. I went to page 5, saw [Audience] and thought "Wow, what's there?". I went to check, and there were... Player names. God, those were player names of people I haven't ever spoken to in my entire life except to comment on their weird names to my LS, and that was at the VERY least last a week ago.

Then I tried starting to type the name of a person that wasn't on the list but was a friend of mine, hit tab, and there his name was.

That's very strange. Multiple times a day, I try to toss an invite to an LS mate name Ulquiorra Schiffer, his name has never, ever, not a single time, come up in auto-translate.

No matter if I've just sent him a /t, if I enter /pcmd add Ulq <tab>, his name never shows up.

It's not just his name, but his is one I have issues with 100% of the time. It's how I memorized the spelling.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lona Shiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Actually.

interesting. I must try that. I can say for myself I have never had much need to direct /tell many people.
    most of the time I'm /p or /l the few times I direct tell i only type the name once and ^r for replys
    (0)

Greetings,

Once again, sorry for the ogre bump. We understand that having two names can make sending /tells difficult at times. Therefore, when it comes to sending tells in A Realm Reborn, we are planning to have two different methods; typing out the player's name and a method that doesn't involve having to type their name. While things have yet to be finalized, we are looking into possibilities such as a feature where you can just click on the player's name in the chat log to send them a tell.

Once we hear some more concrete information we will be sure to pass it along.
    (61)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast