Player
    Character
    Syra Whispers
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitome View Post
    No one can take advantage of the Apkallu omelets given the max stats on them. Maybe if you knew this, you'd be making more money. Tooltips are pretty easy to read.
    Oh please enlighten me then, if you know it so well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aniforani Isalliask
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Now that leves are an option for leveling a class I've noticed just how unneeded any crafting is. Every other chest spawn left me with some piece of pink gear that was just as good as the melded HQ i had made for myself.

Crafting isn't all about the money either. When I started it was with the hope that I could make gear for my guild to help them out. In version 1.0 I outfitted most of my LS with free crab bows +3 back when they were BiS. It was how I felt I could best contribute to our advancement in game. If this is going to be a combat focused game I want to make arms and armor, not furniture.

Let's hope that if this thread continues long enough that it may earn a response from a rep.
    (2)

Character
    Zanon Reeves
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I see the issue in items not dropping off the market when not sold a problem, also the fact that everyone can see who is selling what.

Example say few or a lot of people don't like how you are selling stuff, so they write down your name and never purchase from that person again.

Items stay up forever also which causes the items to drop down while you get undercut and since there is no drop off option after a few days you basically gotta watch your market and fix prices to people who severely undercut you.

I see no way to fix this because of HQ and normal quality items need to be seen so its crap.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm only leveling crafting jobs just so I can be able to meld materia.

There's just too much competition going on right to make it worth the time and effort.

It's pretty sad that an hq lv crafted gear can sell for 10k.

I can gather mats and make that same amount or more in less than an hr
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shadex De'marr
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 62
    So have there been any responses what so ever from Square about the rapidly plummeting state of the economy or is this going to be another 'head in sand' case where nothing happens until the servers are vacant and we are merging? Repairing equipment by players, botched. RMT battle, botched. Crafting limitations developing player dependance, botched. Housing, botched. Someone at Square must know how an economy works. Can they get 10 minutes on the mic please?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drain Bead
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I haven't read the whole thread, so I apologize.

I'll just say I played DCUO for about a year, and well....

No. Imo FF14 has not reached that sort of "glory" yet. I think it's because it's not free.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aenarion Estelvir
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by makii View Post
    I'm not rich! Therefore, the economy sucks!
    I'm rich, and the economy still stucks.

Compared to games with a real economy like Eve, ARR's economy is downright laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    The problem stems from the fact that there is no specialization in this game, and the economy will only get wrecked further the more time passes since release. Since everyone can level every job and craft (instead of being forced to pick one or two crafts to specialize in), as more and more people cap all crafts and enter the market, prices will be depressed even further. Once the amount of new players entering the economy slows to a trickle the problem will be exacerbated even further; this is already happening.

It's a recipe for failure.
    Nope, even if you have specialization in here, the economy will still be wrecked, because that's not the core of the problem (or indeed a problem at all) - the real issue is that there is NO NEED, NO DEMAND for anything that anyone can make, specialized or not.

Again, going back to Eve, anyone can make anything in that game, and there is zero issue with lack of "specialization", because there are actual demands for goods in that game.
    (5)
    Last edited by Aenarion; 12-30-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Character
    Archs Crysta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadex View Post
    So have there been any responses what so ever from Square about the rapidly plummeting state of the economy or is this going to be another 'head in sand' case where nothing happens until the servers are vacant and we are merging? Repairing equipment by players, botched. RMT battle, botched. Crafting limitations developing player dependance, botched. Housing, botched. Someone at Square must know how an economy works. Can they get 10 minutes on the mic please?
    I really don't see how they can make crafting worthwhile and fix the economy at this point. Shit is beyond fixing, Level 1-50 gears are useless and super-fast levelling (both for crafting and DoW/M Jobs) make so everyone and their mom can level 4-5 craft if they want. You want to have an accessible crafting system? Good, then you'll have to deal with price tanking since everyone will be levelling it.

Unless they close the game and relaunch ARR 3.0.: This time we won't fuck it, we swear!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hito Yu
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrellaris View Post
    Oh please enlighten me then, if you know it so well.
    IDK...I think you still need to work for it. But here's a hint: what's the 2nd best egg?

You know..the one everyone uses? And every guide recommends? Yeah, try that one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Uriah Nool
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    There is a crafting quest right in Ul'Dah. It calls for one mythril ring and gives 40K exp. If you have a HQ ring that makes 80K exp for one ring (100% bonus for HQ). You can buy a full inventory of them or have someone craft them for you to turn in. Repeat this a couple dozen times and go from level 40-50 in one evening. Everyone and their cousin can easy get a craft to 50 and then mass produce the top level items.

If it is so easy to become a level 50 crafter, anything that is worth selling will soon be flooded with competition and profits go extremely low. I've noticed the housing prices being unequal over servers - I can't even imagine how any new FC or group of people can begin to fathom making enough for a house on a standard server - much less the outrageous prices on a legacy server. I don't know how any FC can hope to have a house unless they recruit a couple hundred members just to afford a housing.
    (3)
    "There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool."

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast