Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Ifrit (Drop rates and lag)

I'm sure this is a common issue but I've put a lot of time and effort into the Ifrit fight.

As of now, I'm 0/24 on weapons with 4 totems. A LS mate is 0/66 with 2 totems. I understand that it is SUPPOSED to be something to strive for, with good reason. What I don't understand is how people are getting 4th and 5th repeats of multiple weapons and there is no way to disperse this to other PT members. The totems in loot pool was a step (albeit minor) in the right direction, but I've seen a total of about 12 totems drop in 24 fights, between 8 people, that's pitiful.

Second issue is lag on eruptions/plumes. Countless times I've been standing INSIDE a party member and get hit yet they won't. Second is I don't know how many times I have been on the other side of the map and gotten hit by an eruption or plume that I'm a goodly distance away from.

Help?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the fight, and the opportunity to do something like this in FFXIV. Not addressing something that a lot of people have an issue with (to the point of giving up on primal fights) seems to be what happened with the original devs...
    (1)
    Last edited by GunnerIke; 02-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Well, I think they've stated that they intend to increase/change the totem drop rate. The loot system probably won't get a full overhaul until 2.0.

Lag is just something you'll have to deal with until 2.0 (hopefully) takes care of it.

I have already given up on primal fights (I didn't even try to do Moogle) because of the absurd loot system. I'm sure SE doesn't notice or care, but that's my own little boycott.

Not sure what else there is to say other than "they're aware of the issues" :/
    (0)

Player

I appreciate the reply Raldo, but how can this frustrating and aggravating issue be brought to the devs attention? Obviously we are not the only ones that have a problem with this system...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Hello,

I do find it interesting that I can travel all the way away from the cracks until they can no longer appear on my screen.

Then die....

I use the world 'interesting', quite wrongly >.>;

It's actually now gotten to the point that I only do Ifrit runs with friends when they are short on CNJ (CNJ requires least running so less likely to die to lag). The loot is not good enough to warrant trying to fight lag so much.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Most of our members are 5/7 or 4/7 drop rate is not that bad you just unlucky just have to keep trying it took me 13 wins to even get a wep and it was conj one lol.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I dunno..it is kind of bad =/ I went 7/7 in like 3 weeks of doing it almost non stop. The totem drop rate is just sad lol.
    (1)

Player

Totem and Nut drops should be 100%

Sadly, once no one cares about ifrit/moogle weapons SE will up the drop rate. Since there is nothing else to do right now SE has to make it a time sink.

I was 7/7 before they implemented Totems and since then have done it about 30 more times and have gotten 1 totem to pass on. (got 4 doubles of weapons though)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatdawg View Post
    Totem and Nut drops should be 100%

Sadly, once no one cares about ifrit/moogle weapons SE will up the drop rate. Since there is nothing else to do right now SE has to make it a time sink.

I was 7/7 before they implemented Totems and since then have done it about 30 more times and have gotten 1 totem to pass on. (got 4 doubles of weapons though)
    You would care about ifrit because they making a new version for 2.0 a harder version. I'm guessing they do what they did in FFXI lol turn in your T1 to get a T2 ifrit wep lol So people would still care and do both.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    You would care about ifrit because they making a new version for 2.0 a harder version. I'm guessing they do what they did in FFXI lol turn in your T1 to get a T2 ifrit wep lol So people would still care and do both.
    There is a lot of speculation and unverified information in your post. This is how rumors start...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerIke View Post
    I'm sure this is a common issue but I've put a lot of time and effort into the Ifrit fight.

As of now, I'm 0/24 on weapons with 4 totems. A LS mate is 0/66 with 2 totems. I understand that it is SUPPOSED to be something to strive for, with good reason. What I don't understand is how people are getting 4th and 5th repeats of multiple weapons and there is no way to disperse this to other PT members. The totems in loot pool was a step (albeit minor) in the right direction, but I've seen a total of about 12 totems drop in 24 fights, between 8 people, that's pitiful.
    I got Ifrits Blade on my First Ifrit kill. I then proceeded to obtain 1 ifrit Item, along with a totem here or there, on average ever 10 Kills up until I had 5/7 Ifrit weapons - never once getting a duplicate. At this point I also had 10 totems. I then proceeded to get a duplicate Cudgel, Axe, and Harpoon and gave away a total of 5 totems to LS mates thinking to myself "oh I will certainly get ONE of my last two items before I get another 10 totems. And then it happened. Ifrit's Cane finally dropped, I purchased my Last weapon with the 10 totems I had been holding on and I sold my extra 11th totem for 1 gil to the lady at Bric a Brac. All in all I think I beat Ifrit less than 100 times, and as frustrating as it was I am finally relieved to be done with that hellhole.

On the other hand I know a certain Lalafell in my LS who had gone 0/60+ before obtaining his firt Ifrit weapon. I know nother who is sitting on 5/7 and has obtained FIVE cudgels already. And then there is one lucky bastard who was online last night that got 4 Ifrits weapons (no duplicates) In SEVEN WINS. Yes...FOUR weapons, SEVEN WINS. Granted it was Full Moon...which seems to help the drop rate a little.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerIke View Post
    Second issue is lag on eruptions/plumes. Countless times I've been standing INSIDE a party member and get hit yet they won't. Second is I don't know how many times I have been on the other side of the map and gotten hit by an eruption or plume that I'm a goodly distance away from.
    Okay, so I play on a laptop. When I first started running Ifrit I couldn't dodge an eruption, much less a plume or sentinel before Hellfire. Then one nice Lalafell recommended I turn down my configurations, which I did. Then he told me to turn the graphics configurations down via the OUT OF GAME "FFXIV Config" Launcher. You know?

This is where you go to change the window size settings/windower option etc... There is a "visual" and "graphics" tab that contains a few drop down menus that correspond "Drawing Quality" "Background Quality" and "Shadow Quality" as well as "Texture Quality" and "Texture Filtering". Generally, I turn down "Drawing Quality" to "2" or "3" and the rest to "Lowest" or "1". Having done so I no longer experience ANY lag whatsoever during Primal Fights and I dodge eruptions 99% of the time.

One last note: it seems that dodging eruptions is all about timing, and not about placement. From what I've noiced, eruptions spawn with the target dead center. There must be a circle around this central point from which you must escape before a hidden timer ticks down so as not to take damage.

I say this because I've noticed that you can run away from an eruption as soon as possible and before it blows up -so long as you had run away before the 'timer' ticked down- you can run right back onto the eruption and NOT take any damge at all when it blows up. On the other hand you can run clear off the eruption, but If you didn't get away from the center before the hidden timer hits 0 even if you are clearly off the eruption at the time it explodes, you will take damage.

Does that make sense?

Good Luck, Have Fun, and Get Loot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Matsume; 02-07-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast