Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Shaddix Box
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 29
    Can we get this fixed please. Why did the models get messed up? I'm sorry to offend the idealists in the thread, but reality is that there is an aesthetically beautiful female shape and 1.0 was much closer to that than these ARR models.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Svana Fyth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiken View Post
    FFXIV is not a sex selling appeal game. You play it for the Story, Music, and the Lore.
    It won't take an overhaul of the model engine, and they really should change the tilt of the hip to be more anatomically accurate with how they're standing. I hate big asses, but I still dislike the weirdness of their pelvic tilt just cause it looks stupid.

It also shouldn't require a complete rework of all armors, and wouldn't make work for new armors more complicated since they could simply be designed according to the changes made.

Also, if they're not selling sex appeal, why are their skimpily dressed Catgirls all over the place? Why is the whm AF skirt so short you can easily see the whm's panties? Hell, even the male characters are selling sex appeal.

If you really think sex appeal hasn't been made a selling point of the game (along with the things you listed), then you're blind and an idiot.

~a female playing Miqo'te
    (5)
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." ~Oscar Wilde

Player
    Character
    Svana Fyth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthan View Post
    Personally I dont really care if Miqo'te bodies arent entirely the "ideal" body shape, personally I think Elezen's neck is a tad too long but w/e, its no big deal.
    Overall I think body shapes are fine, sure there is room for improvement but nothing major. Atleast Miqo'te's give an energenic and joyfull impression, while most other races give a ..serious impression.
    But hey, each their own.
    In general, I agree, but it bugs me that the miqo'te female pelvis is tilted wrong. The tilt and shape of a female's pelvis is the way it is for a reason, and ties into things like giving birth. Granted, this is not 100% relevant to a game where the characters will never get pregnant and give birth, but it's this kind of behind-the-scenes in-setting reasoning that puts polish on a setting design and makes it that much better. Elezen necks being longer looks odd because it's different than humans, but it doesn't fly in the face of necessary design.
    (2)
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." ~Oscar Wilde

Character
    Emiko Gintoki
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandark View Post
    blah blah blah i miss looking at animated ass's of imaginary cat girls blah blah blah please bring the ass's back
    i fixed your post, this should make it easier for everyone else to read
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Celestia Raine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by YanderePrincess View Post
    It won't take an overhaul of the model engine, and they really should change the tilt of the hip to be more anatomically accurate with how they're standing. I hate big asses, but I still dislike the weirdness of their pelvic tilt just cause it looks stupid.

It also shouldn't require a complete rework of all armors, and wouldn't make work for new armors more complicated since they could simply be designed according to the changes made.

Also, if they're not selling sex appeal, why are their skimpily dressed Catgirls all over the place? Why is the whm AF skirt so short you can easily see the whm's panties? Hell, even the male characters are selling sex appeal.

If you really think sex appeal hasn't been made a selling point of the game (along with the things you listed), then you're blind and an idiot.

Ok go play Terra then play this game again, or all other Korean MMORPG. All their armor on the Female Character is like wearing Bikini. I absolutely hated it. Every female toon look like a Stripper. In FFXIV atleast there are decent armor that cover all the body of the female, such as the Paladin Artifact, Blackmage, White Mage, etc, etc. And last time I check White Mage Artifact dress go almost down to their feet. You must be zooming hard to see those panties then. It's only skimpy if you make your character or dress it to look like one.

Sure you are.

(4)
    Last edited by Zaiken; 09-25-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Snip
    Go ware your robes if you want to cover your character no one is stopping you from doing what you like, not everyone likes giant cloths that look like large round circles.

And for the record loads of girls like to ware nice looking things on there characters and enjoy havering an attractive appearance.
    I like wearing pants but those look weird now too, the body shape is wrong and looks odd.
    (3)
    Last edited by Vandark; 09-25-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Celestia Raine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandark View Post
    Go ware your robes if you want to cover your character no one is stopping you from doing what you like, not everyone likes giant cloths that look like large round circles.

And for the record loads of girls like to ware nice looking things on there characters and enjoy havering an attractive appearance.
    I like wearing pants but those look weird now too, the body shape is wrong and looks odd.
    I never said I like wearing Robe on my Character all the time, of course I want my Character to look sexy, but not the kind that make you look like a stripper showing big boob and huge ass. I'm just trying to prove my point, and if you are into those kind of stuff you are playing the wrong game to begin with anyway. A nicer firm Ass would be nice on the Character, but before you pointed out those flaws, I didn't even notice it and I'm pretty sure not a lot did or care about it anyway.

I hope you get your wish anyway, because it is not healthy to obsess it over a perfectly looking sexy female character in the game like that. But like I said, there is a very slim Chance they will fix this since FFXIV are known for their Story Line, Lore, and Battle anyway. Not to have really sexy attractive female model to sale the game.
    (1)

Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I never said I like wearing Robe on my Character all the time, of course I want my Character to look sexy.
    Don't behave like a hypocrite then and I will take you more seriously.

not the kind that make you look like a stripper showing big boob and huge ass.
    What you described is not what I would like, the 1.0 Miquo'te was not a stripper with big boobs and a huge ass, 1.0 just looks normal.
    A super flat wall shaped body that looks like a plank of wood from a side view is not my idea of something nice, we all have different opions on what looks cool.

I hope you get your wish anyway, because it is not healthy to obsess it over a perfectly looking sexy female character in the game like that.
    Simply replying to messages in a thread I created based on something I felt was a real fault in the game is not my opinion of obsessing, this thread was left at bay for a long time before people brought the topic back up.

What ever SE decide to do is fair enough, however if they did decide to do something about this it would benefit everyone including SE, coz lets face it the 1.0 body shape's rock and loads of people prefer them.

I don't believe for a second that people wouldn't pay real money to edit there characters appearance if more advanced character customization options became available at a later date.

If you are into those kind of stuff you are playing the wrong game to begin with anyway.
    I'm not playing the wrong game, this has been my game of choice since alpha of 1.0, I've been around since the very beginning and this race has never looked this way.
    Miquo'te is a fan based race and altering that fan based race to look the way it dose now in ARR doesn't sit right with a proportion of the community.

The Miquo'te is a part of Final Fantasy and I've been a fan of Final Fantasy since the earliest titles, are you sure your playing the right game?
    This isn't World of Warcraft or rift, characters are supposed to look fascinating in the world of Final Fantasy not look like crooked shaped toons or twigs.

I completely mastered FFXIV 1.0 and I didn't do that staring at a characters but 24-7 I just know the facts and wanted to share.
    Some people are so arrogant, understanding the topic really shouldn't be that hard, for real.

I'm 100% sure I have the right game, and I'm 100% sure you don't know what your on about.

A huge chunk of the appeal for Final Fantasy games is graphics now, not just the story and game-play, ignoring that as a fact is being naive.
    Good graphics and nice looking characters has the potential to increase game play because it helps you to be more absorbed in the game and it's more fun.
    Final Fantasy should be an ultimate Fantasy experience, in 1.0 I felt like I was in an alternate world, in ARR I feel like I'm in a cartoon.

They improved the appeal in the areas while massively scaling down the worlds size and popping a whole bunch of zones in there when previously the game was one massive open world to explore.

Sure the areas look nicer now although not much exploration is there and the areas are much smaller. They have also down-graded the characters, I wish ARR was both good appeal for characters and scenery, coz for real your character is in your face the whole time you play.

You say FF is famous for it's battle system yea it sure is! TOO BAD FFXIV 1.0 had it's fan based battle tactics but ARR's battle is targeted towards new gen MMO players now. Wave those classic styled 1.23 battle tactics goodbye, DAMN I miss 1,23 for so many reasons. -.-

Most ARR players don't even realize they missed out on a great experience in 1.23 coz they were too quick to judge a unique game that was orrigonal in it's design or were unable to run the game enough to enjoy it.

In 1.0 I loved the graphics, the open feeling of the world, the character art, the battle system, the classic party exp system, the large amount and verity of content, the challenging aspect, the way Final Fantasy used to make you conect with others and yea over all for me 1.23 was a better experience than ARR.

The only things I think are better in ARR are the Story which btw is brilliant now and the appearance of outside areas... I only like there appearance now though and not the lack of exploration. Oh yea I guess you could also say that the battle system looks flashy now which is kind of cool but apart from looking flashy with good animations it's kind of just spam the same rotation, like I havn't played enough games like this that I really needed Final Fantasy to become the same..

I've owned the story, max leveled all jobs including the new and I find myself spamming the same dungeons over and over like every other MMO that exists out there.

A game with this much spam, solo play, repetitiveness, this game needs very appealing characteristics visually or I'm going to continue to enjoy ARR on a much lower scale than 1.23.
    (5)
    Last edited by Vandark; 09-25-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Shaddix Box
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 29
    but not the kind that make you look like a stripper showing big boob and huge ass. ... A nicer firm Ass would be nice on the Character, but before you pointed out those flaws, I didn't even notice it and I'm pretty sure not a lot did or care about it anyway.
    My gf plays a mithra in ARR and she hates how her character has no behind. It gets mentioned to me quite often especially when she gets some new piece of equipment that just makes it more obvious that they have no butt at all. It looks very strange, it's much worse than the too-long necks on the elv. I have no idea why you feel compelled to come in this thread and argue against the point of the OP which is simply that the female shape in ARR sucks compared to 1.0.

Nobody ever said anything about wanting them to have bikini armor and gigantic exaggerated female secondary sexual characteristics.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Celestia Raine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddix View Post
    My gf plays a mithra in ARR and she hates how her character has no behind. It gets mentioned to me quite often especially when she gets some new piece of equipment that just makes it more obvious that they have no butt at all. It looks very strange, it's much worse than the too-long necks on the elv. I have no idea why you feel compelled to come in this thread and argue against the point of the OP which is simply that the female shape in ARR sucks compared to 1.0.

Nobody ever said anything about wanting them to have bikini armor and gigantic exaggerated female secondary sexual characteristics.
    As I said before, I'm fine which a more firm ass, but I'm against a slider that will make the ass to be too big just to please the sexual appeal crowd. I just don't want this game turning into Terra or other Korean MMORPG out there is what I'm trying to say. The 1.0 model was great, but I heard they have to sacrifice it for the PS3. And also this is something not gonna be easy to do due to the PS3 limitation and how complex the model in FFXIV is.
    (0)

Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast