Player
    Character
    Merhu Berahu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KidaKalastus View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I got around to making that guide... you can check it out here: http://disciplesoftheland.com/GuideView.aspx?gid=21
    Just wanted to let you know, youve did a great job on the start of that guide, very nice.
    (0)
    Fishing Spreadsheet (WIP)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar_8le6lwxnsdDJlRkx2WlQwT2lMMjFDWkFTamdVUHc&usp=sharing

Player
    Character
    Inferno Vizharan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Thsscks View Post
    You need to Mooch (lv 25 skill) the last fish. In order to mooch you need to catch a HQ Merlthor Goby and then succesfully use it as bait. The last "fish" is the Blue Octopus.

Is anyone making a guide or database which lists what bait is used to get a certain HQ fish for a certain mooch fish at a certain location? I'm currently compiling a list for myself, but since I just hit lv 25 (and from next week on I'll have less time) I won't be able to compile massive database yet.
    Hello, with 25 lv skill you mean I need to be fisher level 25? And how do I start obtaining HQ Merlthor Goby?

Thanks,
    InF3RNo.
    (0)
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by InF13RNo View Post
    Hello, with 25 lv skill you mean I need to be fisher level 25? And how do I start obtaining HQ Merlthor Goby?

Thanks,
    InF3RNo.
    At level 25 FSH, you will get the Mooch ability. As far as HQ fish, perception is your friend. Perception increases your chance of catching a HQ fish. You don't need to take any special action to catch a HQ fish, just keep fishing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flonne Rembert
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    been uploading brief guides for certain levels, I'm just not finding a good spot for level 26-30 fishing skill at this time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madmartigan Galladorn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Flonne View Post
    been uploading brief guides for certain levels, I'm just not finding a good spot for level 26-30 fishing skill at this time.
    I chocobo'd my way to Costa Del Sol at 25 and stayed there until 30. With jack-o-lantern I was earning about 2.8k xp per nq using a floating minnow. That lure will only target blowfish 99% of the time and angelfish 1% of the time, so it is perfect focused fishing.

At level 30, head to Moondrip just North of Vesper Bay and use a chocobo fly. Again, this is targeted fishing, but on occasion you will hook a fish that is too big that you can't reel in. So there are occasional drops here. I'd bring 2-3 chocobo fly's just to be safe. I think I lost 1 lure.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mini Beast
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I'm wondering what fish are worth keeping, selling, or tossing. Anyone know?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meiko Otsuka
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    What am I supposed to do with all this fish like ocean cloud? i don't see any low level culinary recipes
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lord Bwar
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 37
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    I'm wondering what fish are worth keeping, selling, or tossing. Anyone know?
    While there are a few fish that are used for quests, I have been vendoring any fish not labeled as crafting material. Basically since I'm just trying to level up atm I'm fine with having the fish essentially just cover my bait costs. I will worry about becoming rich later.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Meiko Otsuka
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by bwar View Post
    While there are a few fish that are used for quests, I have been vendoring any fish not labeled as crafting material. Basically since I'm just trying to level up atm I'm fine with having the fish essentially just cover my bait costs. I will worry about becoming rich later.
    That's a great idea thanks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Albus Stiltskin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    I chocobo'd my way to Costa Del Sol at 25 and stayed there until 30. With jack-o-lantern I was earning about 2.8k xp per nq using a floating minnow. That lure will only target blowfish 99% of the time and angelfish 1% of the time, so it is perfect focused fishing.

At level 30, head to Moondrip just North of Vesper Bay and use a chocobo fly. Again, this is targeted fishing, but on occasion you will hook a fish that is too big that you can't reel in. So there are occasional drops here. I'd bring 2-3 chocobo fly's just to be safe. I think I lost 1 lure.
    I am at coste del sol and also lvl 25 with the floating minoe and the do rate you mentioned does not exist here. It works out at 1223 xp per blow fish NQ.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast