Player
    Character
    Makado Kitase
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

Gryphonskin Ring

I read you can meld up to 5 materia onto an item. If this applies to all items, what are the caps for stats on this one? Could you meld a Vit4 Parry4 Determ4 Crit4 and something else to it? Just trying to explore gear options. Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Makado View Post
    I read you can meld up to 5 materia onto an item. If this applies to all items, what are the caps for stats on this one? Could you meld a Vit4 Parry4 Determ4 Crit4 and something else to it? Just trying to explore gear options. Thanks!
    10 VIT, 9 parry, 8 DTR, 12 CHR. As tank, you're probably going to want to meld the VIT and Parry and ignore everything else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Haeen Kazerith
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Well if he hits the materia cap he could apply 3 vitality and then 2 parry I think
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Leiron View Post
    Well if he hits the materia cap he could apply 3 vitality and then 2 parry I think
    If you're particularly strapped for cash, Vit3-Vit3-parry2-parry2-vit2 is probably the cheapest option since Vit3 aren't super-expensive. That would put you at the VIT cap and 1 behind the parry cap. If you were insanely wealthy, you could theoretically meld Parry4-Vit4-CHR4-DTR4-Vit2 and cap VIT, Parry, Determination, and almost cap CHR. Would be kind of a waste, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makado Kitase
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    So as a HQ this has potential for
    9 STR
    9 DEX
    9 Skill Speed
    12 Accuracy
    10 VIT
    9 Parry
    8 Determination
    12 Critical
    ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makado Kitase
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    So as a cheaper option it ends up as adding 10 VIT and some parry to it, I think then this would probably beat the DL ring I suppose.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Makado View Post
    So as a HQ this has potential for
    I think you can add 3 more skill speed to it as well. Actually, now that I think about it, I might have gotten confused with parry stat -- I think that's also 12 cap, but 9 is what Rose Gold comes with (not capped, like skill speed on Gryphonskin). Someone will have to confirm. Elemental resistances and caster stats can probably be melded to it as well, but I don't know why on Earth you'd bother.

Gryphonskin is better than DL. Only thing you'd ever replace it with is Allagan Ring of Fending, and that's assuming you really need the VIT.
    (0)