Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Shizu Hikari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    The myth cap is quite irritating but I understand why it's there. If it were removed in general it would make a lot of gear pretty much useless since you can just deck out in iLvl90 gear in 2-3 days. I think it should be made to where each jobs has its own myth cap and gear for that job can only be bought while on that job. Say you want SCH body, you wouldn't be able to buy it with myths from say BLM. Accessories could be pooled together for DoM or DoW and it wouldn't really be game breaking imo. That would also give us the option to +1 all our relics instead of having to pick or chose for months at a time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pomf Pomf
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Allagan Gear beats most pieces of Relic, So people will still be doing coils every week. So you will still get paid.
    AF2 stat > or = Allagan
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gaust Euler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    AF2 stat > or = Allagan
    Na, sometimes Allagan is better, sometimes AF2 is better.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misaki Satomi
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiraki View Post
    snip
    You will be decked out in full i90 gear either way... by just weekly grinding of AK/WP(so hard right?).
    You need i90s for turn 5 and a few to pass the dps check in turn 4.
    There is no point to just drag this on for so long just to have a chance of clearing the content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shizu Hikari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MisakiSatomi View Post
    snip
    That's true but removing the cap makes darklight and philo crafts essentially useless. Why would you want to bother with anything philo when you can get into your relic armor in a day just by doing WPSR or something. There needs to be some kind of balance where it doesn't completely make other gear obsolete right away while also not making the player feel punished for wanting to play multiple jobs. As it's been said before we were supposed to have CT at launch and the gear from there is a bridge between philo and coil/myth that we are getting very late.
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnatian View Post
    Yes it is. Show a group of people running T5 in DL only with regular Relics.

You know what that means? That's right, you can only play 1 class for all content and the rest can only play certain pieces and even then that's only if you're not already locked out on your one class.
    Becuase turn 5 is all of the content in this game. It's not like there isn't... 4 other turns of coil, a bunch of dungeons, crafts to level, items to gather, quests to do, etc...

(I also know people with 2 or 3 +1 weapons now, and people who have beaten turn 5 are rewarded with relic+1 equivalents)

Besides, they've already said they're going to loosen the limits on earlier gear as newer things come; Crystal tower will also be ideal for gearing up secondary jobs- I'm sure the ilvl80 gear will work.

You also have the option of making an alt. Finally, you can always get around the limit by taking allagan drops for your other jobs that someone else doesn't need.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-10-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Evangela Monterossa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    No, thank you.

there're too many people wearing the same things as me already and I don't want to see more.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mahtari Tomatsu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    That cap is the only thing keeping people around. Why would you want them to get rid of it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gaust Euler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Becuase turn 5 is all of the content in this game. It's not like there isn't... 4 other turns of coil, a bunch of dungeons, crafts to level, items to gather, quests to do, etc...

(I also know people with 2 or 3 +1 weapons now, and people who have beaten turn 5 are rewarded with relic+1 equivalents)

Besides, they've already said they're going to loosen the limits on earlier gear as newer things come; Crystal tower will also be ideal for gearing up secondary jobs- I'm sure the ilvl80 gear will work.

You also have the option of making an alt. Finally, you can always get around the limit by taking allagan drops for your other jobs that someone else doesn't need.
    Why are you defending a broken system? A system that simultaneously encourages and discourages alts.

There are zero negatives associated with splitting the cap amongst different classes, the only issues comes about when having separate coil lockouts.

Crystal Tower is in no way ideal. It will have a weekly lockout and with RNG loot there's no guarantee you'll get a single drop before you are in full iLvL 90.

I just want to get inside the mind of what appears to be a White Knight.
    (1)
    Last edited by Garnatian; 11-10-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by meJojo View Post
    Or just raise it to 500 a week. Would help greatly.
    Which will also raise how much items cost? Nope, I'll gladly take my 300 a week - Those who say "they don't have to raise the prices" doesn't understand balance. SE didn't choose the numbers they did for the heck of it lol.

Also: You can play as many classes as you want. You don't need full Myth gear to run coils (proven) and coils even drop allagan gear which is basically the "mirrored" version with a different stat which helps you in later turns (5 dropping the last pieces.) It's great to have but unless someone can show me that the game prevents you from switching classes besides the one you started as...no one can say you're not able to play multiple classes.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast