Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

Remove battle leves allowance.

Might be worth looking into removing the allowance on battle leves, met a lot of new players to the game lately and one of the biggest problems they have had was running out of leves.

Perhaps an alternative would be to start all new players off with 99 leves maybe.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Scotchio Calidus
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Or maybe a way to earn more leves. By doing side-quests or something. (Not just not doing any for a few days).

A bit like they way they introduced a way to earn Anima.

When you do a leve evaluation. Instead of a gil bonus, an added leve allowance bonus, perhaps?

So a low leve evaluation might get you 2 extra leves, higher ones up to 8.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Blaise Lallaise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The way the game is now, the question must be asked, is it even worth having a limited number of leves? I know very few people who can say they went from 99 leves to 0, and those who did spent a LOT of time to do it. Those who will benefit most from leves, i.e. the casual with limited play time, will probably never run out of leve allowances once they build them up. Thus the question, is there any longer a need to limit the number of leves one can do in a sitting? I would say no.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Meade
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 51
    I could see giving a new/reactivated character the full 99 allowance.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sabaku Usagi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaiseLallaise View Post
    The way the game is now, the question must be asked, is it even worth having a limited number of leves? I know very few people who can say they went from 99 leves to 0, and those who did spent a LOT of time to do it. Those who will benefit most from leves, i.e. the casual with limited play time, will probably never run out of leve allowances once they build them up. Thus the question, is there any longer a need to limit the number of leves one can do in a sitting? I would say no.
    IMO it's to prevent the spamming of leves (such as in-town crafting leves). The system now is MUCH more flexible than when it was released, and is honestly a reasonable system. I think having the ability to "run out" of leves is good, but I don't necessarily agree with capping of leves at 99. If anything were to be implemented, I wish they would have two leve allowances for each of the NPCs and gathering should be moved to the crafting leves NPC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Ok just had 3 "new players" from my LS quit the game because they didn't have enough leves to keep them levelling, something needs to be done about this if you want to keep new players interested in this game.

I'm sure things will change in 2.0 but you need to think about right now as well.

No community dev response to such a simple request is pretty disappointing.

Some people don't want to solo grind or party grind to gain XP, you are encouraging players to not play your game with the current system, if people don't play a game they lose interest, if they play a game which hinders their progress they lose interest, its the very reason people quit at launch and not much has changed for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabaku_Usagi View Post
    IMO it's to prevent the spamming of leves (such as in-town crafting leves).
    The title is about battle leves only.

The system now is MUCH more flexible than when it was released, and is honestly a reasonable system.
    Yes for old players who have accumulated 99 levels, new players still only start with 8 leves which can be finished in an hour or less.

I think having the ability to "run out" of leves is good, but I don't necessarily agree with capping of leves at 99. If anything were to be implemented, I wish they would have two leve allowances for each of the NPCs and gathering should be moved to the crafting leves NPC.
    I would prefer a system similar to what WoW has, you get 20-25 daily quests which are renewed every 24 hours, you can spend this allowance on any daily quest you want, this could work in the same way, guildleves are basically daily quests anyway.

The best solution would be to split the local leve and battle leve allowance.
    Battle leve allowance 20 a day
    Local leve allowance 8 a day.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jinko; 06-17-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The thing about new players is they have no friends starting out to show them anything, and they are probably comming from WoW or some other WoW clone, where leveling is based entirely on doing mass amounts of quests. The first thought that is going to come across any new player's mind is going to be "Ok, where's the quests ?"

So if you come to a game like this where leveling is based mostly on party grinding, people can't figure it out without being told. In a lot of cases, the concept is so foreign, that they just refuse to do it.

So basically, yea, if you want to retain people from other games, at least until 2.0. It wouldn't be a bad idea to just give people 99 leves starting out.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi; 06-17-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lavelle Tanette
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 7
    The starting leve allowance should definitely be raised for new players. What is the point of starting out new players with only 8 leve allowances. I'm a new player and came up against this limitation which hampered the fun I was having.

I feel like I should reactivate ffxi to play while my leve allowance replenishes to 99.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I guess it was there so that players don't abuse their gaming hours like crazy.

For my case, I didn't even find that as an issue. Maybe because i have some RL to do.
    I might find for several days abusing leve allowance has given me so far around 60 points left, but by the time I do something else and returned to leve again, my leve allowance has been restored significantly and even to 99.

Mind u that right now I'm doing 20 leve & 10 behest achievements from every camps in conjunction with grinding my gla/lnc/mrd and have cleared 9 lowest camps from every region. That's roughly more than hundreds of leve allowance I have abused.

But in case of Jinko's pleas, I didn't really mind if SE decide to abolish leve allowance.
    This could be a problem later on if I decide to spam leve for crafting if we still restricted with allowances. ;D
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taggerung Juskarath
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    A restriction on it basically says "You need to go do something else, we don't want you to play our game, that you pay for." Now me personally I don't mind having a cap, or only gain x amount a day. I generally spend most of my time helping other people with their fights for quests and junk.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast