Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player

My problem with 2.1 is more people are doing well in Coil than they seem to have expected. Which puts CT in a pretty bad position. I'm glad it's coming but there is really no more variety outside of a new tome farming dungeon. Just a previously absent stepping stone to Coil that isn't entirely necessary.

Also it'll force Duty Finder roulette on sub 100 member FCs which I don't particularly like.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystWildkey View Post
    I can understand their decision on this. Instance servers had, and still have, a lot of stress due to so many people accessing them all of the time. Housing is also instanced. If they did individual housing first, they'd most likely have overloaded instance servers all of the time. With FC housing first, you're automatically limited with regard to the number of houses that can be purchased. This allows them to see the stress involved and adjust accordingly. The result (hopefully) will be that when player housing is introduced, they have instance servers that are more optimized and can handle the load.
    In all seriousness, if their Tech devs don't know how to calculate the stress that will be applied to those servers for housing, then they need to get new Tech devs who are skilled enough to code correctly.....

Majority of the player base is not even in a FC and if they are, their Linkshells are the more common social stomping grounds here. So for most people, they want player housing, not FC housing.

They really should release some of the 2.1 content earlier so they can get both Player and FC Housing out in 2.1.
    (14)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It matters not here if you class yourself as a casual or hardcore player, the fact is, 2.1 is looking to be released after the New Year and in my honest opinion, with the current content that is here, that is too long to wait and people will start looking for greener pastures.
    The release date is currently "this year," as per the dev blog.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Celes Reinhardt
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Honestly? If people are getting bored with the game already, then they don't have what it takes to play an MMO. I mean, what kind of MMO veteran would honestly be complaining about lack of content right now or think 2.1 won't deliver? Probably the same people wondering when the cap will be raised, I imagine, lol.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Goodberry Moonshine
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    They used to release enough content to last over a year once upon a time.

People who are willing to pay for this garbage today are the reason why the standard of gaming quality has dropped to what it is today. It just gives companies an excuse to milk the cow.

Anyways, lets not go there. That is another whole topic on it's own.
    Taemek, I went to your site and saw you are looking forward to EQ Next now. Trust me, with your kind of approach to gaming you will be bored of EQ Next and consider it "garbage" in less than a month. Once, content lasted a year because people, instead of rushing like mad thru everything, took the time to explore and look at the scenery, to role play, to chat, to help other players, to just goof around with friends and guildies etc. Now, if they developed double the content it would simply mean that players would play twice the hours a week. :P
    (11)
    Last edited by Goodberry; 11-12-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Brises Ravenheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    While I don't think even a majority of players will have completed everything there is to do before 2.1, certainly some will. And a lot of those people will let their subs expire. But they will be waiting for the 2.1 release, and I suspect most of them will re-sub at that time. It's going to be a cyclical thing every 3 months or so.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dokutoru Gwydion
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I don't mind the content thats in it persay, its a good amount BUT that said crystal tower is BEFORE coil which alot of ppl seem to be on already. And the rate of content is slow. Love the game but IDK if its worth spending this amount per month for quite frankly kind of slow since launch which seemed bare for what we were promised at launch. Paid for the game plus 3 months worth and I'm JUST NOW getting the content they should have had at launch :/
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Chris Rockway
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Define "a lot of people for coil"? i am sure the majority of players on each server have not touched coil or are only progressing on turns 1-2 maybe 4 but either way CT will help bridge gear gaps to expand BiS slots for classes. Either way besides content for 2.1 there are a lot of other changes i am looking forward to mainly food not expiring upon death and pet macros<3=)
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Matathias Aenomalus
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They used to release enough content to last over a year once upon a time.

People who are willing to pay for this garbage today are the reason why the standard of gaming quality has dropped to what it is today. It just gives companies an excuse to milk the cow.

Anyways, lets not go there. That is another whole topic on it's own.
    The funny thing about this comment is that it is true, once upon a time they used to make mmos have content that lasted for a time. But also the time has changed, most of the player base wants everything right now to be leetzorz to their fc friends so they dont feel insecure about not making the raid this week, because their epeen wasn't long enough...sorry got sidetracked. People and their current desires have changed mmos. Everything needs to be instant gratification for this ADHD culture to survive. So lets start by removing most warp stations/atherite nodes/teles/returns. Just by doing this alone the game would be extended, ah but it wouldn't be fun to most the MOARRRRR culture. Then after all the methods of transports has been limited, raise the level for when we get Chocobo and airship passes. Next make dungeons the primary mode of leveling and FATES an after thought. I remember that a lot of class quests were toned down due to them being too difficult during phase 3. Well the list goes on and on as to what could extend the life of the game, but the culture has changed, the gaming culture that is, but also culture as a whole. Merely a byproduct of cultures need to be at the top the quickest without stopping to smell the roses.

But then just by saying this most would say, 'Well you don't have to play," or "Go play [insert game here] since it sounds like you would enjoy that more." I mean most don't have the tolerance for discussion as to what may improve, they are so insecure they need to shut down any thought that differs from their own. Honestly they don't want to improve the game they are the reason it will slowly die.

I agree Taemek, the current gaming culture is really a sad thing.

Aeno
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Belcross Panda
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    In all seriousness, if their Tech devs don't know how to calculate the stress that will be applied to those servers for housing, then they need to get new Tech devs who are skilled enough to code correctly.....

Majority of the player base is not even in a FC and if they are, their Linkshells are the more common social stomping grounds here. So for most people, they want player housing, not FC housing.

They really should release some of the 2.1 content earlier so they can get both Player and FC Housing out in 2.1.
    Because you feel that player housing should come before FC housing does not mean that most people are with you on this issue.

Other community members obviously do not agree with you on that point in this thread. You have members on both sides. Please keep that in mind before bulking the community with you.
    (4)

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast