Character
    Yukon Jack
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Fishing Guide - ARR?

Hello -

While I understand it is a bit early to ask for a fishing guide, I was curious if anyone could point me to a website that updates fishing locations, bait etc as we get to know the game. I am having difficulty finishing even the level 5 fishing logs as there always seems to be one fish I just cannot catch. Any feedback is very appreciated, thanks!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Natos Aibrean
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    ok just so you know in each area there is most likely a fish you can not catch without the use of the skill Mooch.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hella Balloon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Natos View Post
    ok just so you know in each area there is most likely a fish you can not catch without the use of the skill Mooch.
    Was wondering about this!!! Thank you.

Anyone know about the "you sense something in the water..." but can't cast? I spammed cast everywhere on some of those areas and nothing. Assuming I'll have to come back later.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Calanthe Ferelith
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Once you get gulleye passive skill you can return to the areas with the message "you sense something in the water"
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ynot Tzu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 21
    I really like fishing... I try a stot anytime I see a spot while on my way to a quest or town or waiting on friends... BUT I dont know what to do with the fish... any info or help u guys can suggest?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yukon Jack
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    THank you all for the replys, the Mooch things makes some sense although this means that you cannot complete fish logs until you acquire that skill. Guess time to keep leveling!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hella Balloon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonetzu View Post
    I really like fishing... I try a stot anytime I see a spot while on my way to a quest or town or waiting on friends... BUT I dont know what to do with the fish... any info or help u guys can suggest?

I'm trying to figure out what to do also. Without leveling cooking to see what fish are needed for good recipes it's hard to tell. People aren't high enough level to spend on good fish yet. But I'm trying to keep an eye in the market to see what sells ATM. My retainers are holding quite a few fish just in case.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Merhu Berahu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    This is a database im putting together, its still a WIP as im only level 30 fisher atm, but it might help: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

And im going to post here as im unable to create a topic, does anyone have any information on bait and how it works?

Are baits classed? (freshwater, saltwater, etc)

Will copperfish for instance bite to any freshwater bait that is above the level of the fish?

and how does crossover bait work, such as floating minnow? does it work anywhere because its a lure?

Are any fish only biting to a specific bait?

thanks
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aedes Anopheles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Garrison View Post
    Once you get gulleye passive skill you can return to the areas with the message "you sense something in the water"
    I was wondering about this as well, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merhu View Post
    This is a database im putting together, its still a WIP as im only level 30 fisher atm, but it might help: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

And im going to post here as im unable to create a topic, does anyone have any information on bait and how it works?

Are baits classed? (freshwater, saltwater, etc)

Will copperfish for instance bite to any freshwater bait that is above the level of the fish?

and how does crossover bait work, such as floating minnow? does it work anywhere because its a lure?

Are any fish only biting to a specific bait?

thanks
    Very nice database so far. I think bait is specific for some fish (e.g. I have only caught kelp with sea worms)

Fishing is now much easier than in FFXIV 1.0. Its much more relaxing now, certainly a improvement
    (0)
    Last edited by Thsscks; 08-28-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast