Player
    Character
    Selina As'tarte
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
    You don't release a game with a similar monthly fee while offering what is clearly mechanically inferior to WoW. The final kicker is ARR even managed to have a terrible tab-target system, too! How do you even mess up tab-target? How?!? SE knows, apparently.
    It's more expensive than WoW to for Australians, since they for some unknown reason they lumped us in with the EU when for every other game we're with the US so we're paying $18-19 a month compared to the usual $14-15. Toss in the lag and stuff and it's hard to warrant to continue playing with is sad.

Yeah, the tab-target is abysmal.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Danorille Pandemonium
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 61
    even ppl with good latency are having trouble, you can anticipate titan's attack patterns but what happens when a boss fight is completely random and that you are required to dodge on the fly? this wouldn't work.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nishka Ciel
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The question would be, is it worth fixing the servers at this point?
    Most fans say the game is fine and they like Final Fantasy no matter what.

Other people seem to demand more quality but ask your self this.
    If they would fix this, would the game be much better or just al right?
    (1)

4. 09-23-2013 09:06 PM

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakaboo View Post

Whelp the reason they remade FFXIV 1.0 was so the game would appeal to a larger playerbase and they could make more money.

To answer your question from my personal opinion, yes fixing this would make the game much better, I expect a lot people to leave because of this bug. I will subscribe, wait it out and see what happens but if its not fixed when my sub runs out I doubt I will bother again. I put up with this kind of shit in 1.0 pretty much the whole way through, I'm not doing it again.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Velvet Silvermoon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakaboo View Post

It would be much better but more importantly it would be more "accessible" for some people that already have higher "net lagg".
    (2)
    Fix the unacceptable delay when dodging AOEs. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/84124-Either-make-dodging-AoEs-possible-or-make-them-not-instant-kills
    Fix it! http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/89828-Sorry-SE-but-endgame-won-t-work-if-you-don-t-fix-something.

Player
    Character
    Unruhe Endlos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihility View Post
    I'm well aware of delay but i still get cases where i see other people clear of the radius and getting hit by it.

What kind of delay is going on when it has to communicate between them and the server and then communicate between the server and me to tell me where they are and the server says "they are clear" yet it still hits them?
    This is most likely another of ARR's flaws on display: Animation Delay. If you've been primarily playing casters, you won't notice it much from the player perspective, but most "instant" attacks and abilities have a wind up that has to play out before the damage or effect is (visually) resolved on the client. A great horrible example of this is the Dragoon's "interrupt" ability that, according to a couple of DRG friends, takes about 1 full second to actually apply the interrupt due to animation delay.

This can and does apply to bosses, too, and then ends up making the already-terrible positioning delay look hilariously awful. Example: Boss casts AOE attack. Red circle appears on your teammate next to you. You both start moving, but you have a head start because the circle was centered on him, not you. You clear the red circle. Position check occurs. He clears the red circle on his screen. AOE cast completes, a "hit" is calculated on your teammate because this game is bad. Boss starts animating the attack. Position check occurs. You now see the teammate outside of where the AOE was. Boss animation completes and damage is applied. Teammate eats damage, dies, standing in what appears to be "safe" area.
    (10)
    Last edited by Unruhe; 09-24-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Khailenya Ultra
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Animation View Post
    I didn't really have an issue with Titan. I also did it while my phone was tethered to my PC (So using mobile phone internet) <- 3s delay and I still done it fine.
    You're clearly standing in the one spot for too long, you need to learn positioning. :/
    Im a bard and I strafe 24/7 as the only way to avoid weights and even then I get hit with weights probably 5% of the time (which is a lot considering I literally never stop moving to be stand in one too long in the first place).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Misaky Darkwalker
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
    This is most likely another of ARR's flaws on display: Animation Delay. If you've been primarily playing casters, you won't notice it much from the player perspective, but most "instant" attacks and abilities have a wind up that has to play out before the damage or effect is (visually) resolved on the client. A great horrible example of this is the Dragoon's "interrupt" ability that, according to a couple of DRG friends, takes about 1 full second to actually apply the interrupt due to animation delay.
    that also happens to me, when i use my silence arrow, in my screen the casting bar dissapears right away, but 90% of the time, the mobs still do there casting animation(even without casting bar and silence debuff icon) and dmg everyone inside where the red area was..
    the 10% that it works, is when the castings are very big and theres still over 1 sec left for it to end.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fuz Rush
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    In november.

Meanwhile, the game will be unplayable for most of endgame players.
    They need to be very, VERY quick on solving this, or they will lose a lot of subscriptions.

But since Japanese players don't have this problem (their servers are in Japan, after all...), they just don't care.
    (6)
    Last edited by Fuz; 09-24-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ryalin Blaise
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 48
    I have been considering not renewing my subscription after this month because of this issue. I am wondering if it's because I am playing from England on Japanese servers (Mainly because I speak Japanese and prefer to play with Japanese players).

I have an excellent connection and have played WoW and FFXI for many years with no problems at all. Yet with FFXIV, I find the abilities off the GCD to be non-responsive to the extreme and Area attacks almost impossible to avoid, as well as it being impossible to stun anything.

Sincerely hope this gets fixed (And/or, is even possible to fix) as were it not for this I would be enjoying the game immensely. However, as it is, it is just unplayable.
    (4)

Page 48 of 185 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast