Player
    Character
    Illmortal Tyr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
    Didn't read the whole thread, just responding to the OP.

I think HNM's and world bosses are definitely needed in a game like this. They just add another fun and challenging layer to the game. It makes it a more interesting world to have these huge mobs out there in the wild, ready to tear stuff up or be torn up.
    SE first needs to give us the capability of having an alliance. Apparently long ago, before I came to this game, there was such a thing as 15-16 man parties.. but SE decided that was just silly.

I'm bored of 8 man content... give us bigger challenges SE not 8 man, simple minded fights.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by illriginalized View Post
    SE first needs to give us the capability of having an alliance. Apparently long ago, before I came to this game, there was such a thing as 15-16 man parties.. but SE decided that was just silly.

I'm bored of 8 man content... give us bigger challenges SE not 8 man, simple minded fights.
    Read the other thread with 8 man content in its title..... the bigger groups are already slated to return.... so movin on!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    I just said that like 30 minutes ago, try to keep up!
    dammit.... I feel so ashamed
    what about "horny?"
    nah... that's too easy...
    Hypocritical?
    Heffner's Notorious Monsters? posing nude perhaps?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Those are all much more acceptable, 'specially notorious playboy bunnies... but then we will have a viera debate on our hands.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Halvaard Vidan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I never want to camp anything like Charbydis ever again. so any timer shorter than that is fine.
    2-4 hours would be ideal IMO.
    But not 2-4 hour windows, those suck, just make things spawn every X amount of time with maybe a 15 minute window.

Player
    Character
    Klick Rahl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Honestly here is what opinions you will get. And I say this without even bothering looking at all the responses. People who do no have a lot of game time, suck at gaming, and have the mentality of "I deserve all the best stuff in game without working hard, will hate the idea. Everyone who wants competition and actually likes gaming will want something with competition. That's how it always is.

Quite honestly if you don't like hard games with lots of competition, go play Star Wars or WoW or Rift. Those games are all easy with instanced content that is a joke. This game will have roaming monsters, its already in the works. Odin has already been on paper, as well as many others. As for timers, no one wants insane timers, or doing content 1000 times to get loot. There has to be middle ground but still have rare stuff.

You always need to appeal to the hardcore crowd by giving them rare loot that rewards their time. Any gaming company that chooses to give the same loot to everyone, no matter your play time, kills their game. If you're casual then deal with it, you don't deserve the same stuff that someone putting in 60 hours a week does. I won't cry if someone willing to camp and HNM gets gear while I'm at work. And I won't demand there be a way for me to get the same loot, or that his loot not be the best. That would be outright ignorance.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Klick View Post
    Quite honestly if you don't like hard games with lots of competition, go play Star Wars or WoW or Rift. Those games are all easy with instanced content that is a joke. This game will have roaming monsters, its already in the works. Odin has already been on paper, as well as many others. As for timers, no one wants insane timers, or doing content 1000 times to get loot. There has to be middle ground but still have rare stuff.

You always need to appeal to the hardcore crowd by giving them rare loot that rewards their time. Any gaming company that chooses to give the same loot to everyone, no matter your play time, kills their game. If you're casual then deal with it, you don't deserve the same stuff that someone putting in 60 hours a week does. I won't cry if someone willing to camp and HNM gets gear while I'm at work. And I won't demand there be a way for me to get the same loot, or that his loot not be the best. That would be outright ignorance.
    Really couldn't have said it better myself.

The greater majority of people complaining about all of us trying to get SE to re-introduce the HNM scene, said they wouldn't partake in it. So why is bothers them so much is beyond me. Possibly because if HNM's do come they know they will camp them? idk...

But again, I think the general agreement is shorter spawn timers (6-8 hous?), with preferably only 1 window of around 15 mins. That would make for a quick camp, no harm done if you don't claim, and everyone can go get back to staring at their mog house wall while waiting on an event to start.
    (0)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Sri Ahbayaa
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Honestly here is what opinions you will get. And I say this without even bothering looking at all the responses. People who do no have a lot of game time, suck at gaming, and have the mentality of "I deserve all the best stuff in game without working hard, will hate the idea. Everyone who wants competition and actually likes gaming will want something with competition. That's how it always is.

This. I don't have the time for MMOs I used to have either, but that doesn't mean everyone else should miss out on certain things.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhayaa View Post
    This. I don't have the time for MMOs I used to have either, but that doesn't mean everyone else should miss out on certain things.
    Logical responses make me happy.

And even if they don't want to partake in HNM's, Yoshida has already stated that there will be plenty of instanced content.

We can all be happy!
    (0)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Abauge Decebalus
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

I would almost agree with you except you are forgetting a lot of FFXIV players come from playing 5-7 years in FFXI, where we already had to deal with those kind of HNM. It was fun at the time, but most of those players either have a family now, or a career that doesn't allow them to play that much anymore, making them, in turn, casuals.

We still want to be able to get our hands on the same gear and it is taking us LONGER to do than the more hardcore people. That is perfectly fine with me. I don't need the new gear right away, i can wait a few months. What I don't think we would want is certain mobs that you need to camp for 4 hrs at a time, and compete with botters on claims.

What is the fun in that, no matter if you are hardcore or casual. Don't you remember how bad it used to be at certain stages, when you would wait for 3 hrs, only to have a bot claim the HNM in front of your face. Then drama started, mpk, stealing, bad blood between players... Look at FFXIV now, people actually help people out, that whole drama does NOT exist.

Why would anyone want it back, it's beyond me.
    (0)

Page 28 of 117 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast