Player
    Character
    Illyasviel Einzbern
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBruce View Post
    If you have AF+1 Chest then yes, that plus AK head gives a bigger bonus than Heavy DL body. DPS rotation for WAR is pretty simple. At the start of the fight pop Internal Release and Berserk and start off with Storm's Eye combo. Then switch to Butcher's Block combo and Fracture. Rinse repeat. When Pacification from Berserk is active you can toss out a Brutal Swing for a bit of extra DPS since its an ability not a WS and every little bit helps. If you Internal Release + Berserk at the start of fight, it will be up before Heart Phase so you should save it until then. During Heart save IR/Zerk until the first person gets rocked, if you use it from the get go and you are the one who gets rocked you'll have wasted almost all of your Berserk time and will be stuck with Pacification once you get out. If someone else gets rocked pop your cooldowns and start with Butcher's Block combo. It should take 1 Butcher combo + up to Maim to break the rock, then hit Titan with Storm's Eye to maximize Storm's Eye + Zerk uptime.
    Very helpful, thank you.

We killed Titan HM tonight, following the 1 tank 5 DPS 2 healers comp. Thanks to the people who posted in this thread with useful info!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mazus Valefor
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Sorry, a bit off topic. What is the recommended HP amount to have for Titan btw as a PLD?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Glaive Incursio
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Any tips on how a warrior can handle the second half of the fight and deal with mountain busters? Nailing out my last DL piece, have the myth chestpiece and working on Garuda axe weapon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lyrre Myste
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryzen View Post
    Sorry, a bit off topic. What is the recommended HP amount to have for Titan btw as a PLD?
    i would like to know this too. i have around 4.6-4.7k hp right now, is that good enough or am i going to have to grind castrum for more dl gear?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitru Kitera
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by saber_alter View Post
    i would like to know this too. i have around 4.6-4.7k hp right now, is that good enough or am i going to have to grind castrum for more dl gear?
    Average i-level of 65, so an even split between Darklight and Hoplite at the very least.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tanaya Makers
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Personally, I feel 5k HP is the minimum.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Illythia Loves
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    anywhere north of 4.7k is acceptable, as long as you understand when to blow your CDs I suppose? If mountain buster hits for anywhere around 3.8k and he moves into stomps you'll be in a slight bit of trouble sometimes if healers aren't on the ball. Also depends if your bards/smn/whm/sch know when to use virus and rain of death etc etc.
    (0)

8. 09-29-2013 10:02 AM

9. 09-29-2013 10:03 AM

Player
    Character
    Aleksandr Deicide
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    To be honest, as a tank, even as a geared PLD tank who's spent hours and hours on the fight...
    Just buy a kill.
    Its 200-250k on most servers, just go and buy the fu*king kill and be done with it. (You can probably sense my general hostility to the situation here)

Simply put, if you are not in an FC where people are essentially trying to get you gear so you can get into Coil, you are kinda screwed as a tank. People like to take the same tanks, who already have relics, and do it for some dps or healer. We, as tanks get screwed.

I cant say that I am happy with the situation, or that I am in favor of this business of FC's selling Titan kills and some people dicking around in groups, TRYING to make them fail to prompt more people to buy kills... but sadly it is what it is.

I bought my kill yesterday for 200k as PLD. Yes I am poorer, BUT, its is one less headache to worry about. Find a legit group, write down all of their names and FC's, in case they do try to scam you... and just get it over with and move on... There is a big difference between someone with bad gear and no Titan XP buying a relic simply because they can, and someone WITH good gear and xp buying a relic because they have almost no other options.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kenji1134; 09-29-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rios Drakoon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Still hope that Yoshi would finlay say something, and not that shitty "l2p" from TGC.

SE should see that Warriors compared to Paladin are underpowerd.

i feel like Kenji, on my Server, Warrior are not welcome for Titan HM as MT. That sucks really.

But still, i dont want to buy a kill... either SE will buff Warrior so i can Tank this shit, or my FC Need to take the burden, and heal me there.....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meta Vahn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 59
    or you could simply wait untill the bring crystal tower out which is suppose to be progression before coil anyway, and the innevitable Titan HM nerf anyways, and stop trying to rush relic when its really not needed as a tank for non coil stuff, i dont see why 99% of the people who are rushing relic have no static FC or even plan on doing serious coil raiding
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast