Player
    Character
    Wulfies Mightypaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Im not surprised at all.... we play an MASSIV MULTIPLAYER game. and ppl are asking for more solo stuff... omg. my guild and i made it very very easy :P make an group whit friends and go farming. the other will have no chance solo aganst 4 or more ppl in group. we farmt one spot whit 4 ppl about 2h one day. Thay gave me there fleece. i got all i need for long now :P over 200 normal fleece and 50HQ+. the other campers got allmost nothing in that time. we " tag " 90% of the mobs for us. so fleece for us.
    its so easy. and if you have to buy stuff from market, thats your "fault" most stuff i got from friends i trade with. i give you that you give me that :P but its hard to play with others or talk to them in an multiplayer game ^^..

I want LESS mobs! so we MUST make groups! or Harder mobs you cant kill solo

Edit: btw there are 3 or 4. or even more i dont know off spots..............
    Ummm....you are joking right? There are 9 mob spawns that drop material for the entire world economy? So I have to group and pray that I do not get KSed just for the off chance that there might be one fleece drop from the sheep?

So if i do not have a DOM/DOW in the 40ish range I am just SoL? (I do, but my point still remains for everyone who does not)
    (0)
    Last edited by Wulfies; 09-24-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: to work around the STUPID @$$ 1k limit on postings!!!!

"Be like MacGuyver....Adapt and Overcome!"

Player
    Character
    Ardor Seehof
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    There are alone 9 mobs or more in front off the camp. and there are atleast 2 more spots i saw/found again atleast 9 mobs. sure 20 mobs is bit low for ALL.. but you can make it hard for your self or just get same friends and kick the farmers in there ass :P

I even tryed talking to the other farmers, no anwser..

one hand washes the other works very well here. lucky i found an leather guy i can trade with. dont have one in guild. if i have to buy the leather ohmay... i dont even want to think about it :P

btw: i dont know how much fleece you need to level.. i made the lvl 35 hats HQ and later the 40s. 9 hats in HQ gave around 200k+, +gil, + other mats and only use 1 leve to turn in 3 times. made this way very easy from lvl 40-50. if not in HQ you still make good exp. but need more leves.

edit: sorry for the english spelling. im not as good as i like to be :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Manila Luzon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Fleece is awful, no doubt. The design choice to put this where they did is extremely irritating, but you do not need it to hit 50 in weaving. The level 40 leve for linen deerstalkers does not require wool (although it does require velveteen), it's much easier to HQ, and it rewards over 300k xp and 6k gil. This is how I, and a few friends have hit 50 to avoid the fleece nonsense. When I hit 50, I had 17 total crafts from 41-50, which mostly included class quest turn ins.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wulfies Mightypaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    I have most of my crafts up-to 50, leveling was not the point. The point was they overly reduced the ability to obtain an item for no good reason. If there is a reason, I fail to see it (theories are more than welcome)

I wish I had gone fleece farming in 1.0.

To shame.
    (1)

"Be like MacGuyver....Adapt and Overcome!"

Player
    Character
    Hermennes Cletrindale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 15
    Guys stop supporting fleece farmers and just do linen darkstalkers leve for your fleece needs. If you don't need exp you can quickly synth 9 of them and turn it in for 18 fleece, which would take you like 15-30 minutes to farm manually if you did manage to nab one of the sheep fields.

Only reason to farm sheep is if you want HQ fleece, but high level/properly geared crafters with the right cross skills don't need HQ materials to create HQ yarn.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karin Shironeko
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bufkus View Post
    Only reason to farm sheep is if you want HQ fleece, but high level/properly geared crafters with the right cross skills don't need HQ materials to create HQ yarn.
    You need fleece to make Undyed Felt, and HQ will help since Snurble Tufts HQ are rarer than a grandma playing basketball.
    With that said, I try to farm fleece whenever I can but being a WHM cannot compete with almost any other class... if one of them tries to cut in on my farming spot, I'm definitely getting squeezed out.. which happens quite often. People either don't respond to my share plea or simply deny sharing even though I've been there for awhile.

Farming etiquette seems to be lacking in most part of this community.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pyros Eien
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by nekochen View Post
    You need fleece to make Undyed Felt, and HQ will help since Snurble Tufts HQ are rarer than a grandma playing basketball.
    With that said, I try to farm fleece whenever I can but being a WHM cannot compete with almost any other class... if one of them tries to cut in on my farming spot, I'm definitely getting squeezed out.. which happens quite often. People either don't respond to my share plea or simply deny sharing even though I've been there for awhile.

Farming etiquette seems to be lacking in most part of this community.
    His point is you don't need HQ fleece or snurble or anything to HQ felt or wool. Well once you're 50 and have your class quest weapon, before that it's not that high % but still over 50%. Once 50 and decently geared though it's very easy to do so the HQ fleece/snurble become completely pointless(and you shouldn't need to HQ wool/felt before 50 anyway since everything before 1star is easy to HQ with NQ materials).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rose Wilde
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    It's kind of ridiculous that fleece is now 200gil/unit more expensive on my server than Crawler Cocoons, which can't be harvested with any kind of reliability until 50 BTN, while Fleece can be farmed by basically any DoW/DoM at 30+.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ceres Catnip
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Well so far the only solution to Fleece situation is to go along with linen. Heres what i did - i had a leftover of around 1k regular flax from BTN levelling i grabbed around 3k Lightning shards and did ~10 Linen tights triplets. I made HQ yarns from that flax just to have 1 per item for the little bit extra quality and i quick synthed a lot of yarn/cloth and just crafted items after that.

Technically you could save some exp and reduce overall cost by some amount if you did all the synths youreself but i got to say the amount of synths youd have to go through is enough to make you lose your mind. 45+ youd still get something like 1k exp for Cloth instead 150 quicksynths so theoretically you could go slow and reduce costs by alot. Whichever way you choose to go youre in for some expense whether its shards or flax unless youre BTN or have befriended with one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'hali Thalen
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 71
    Times like this make me regret being a monk. i lvoe the class - but with NO ranged attacks whatsoever i havn't an ice cubes hope in hell of competing with all the farmers to get wool. I even got up really early in the morning and there was a level 50 bard rounding up and nuking the mobs (And being a dick when I spoke to them).

On Balmung, fleece is 800g/unit, yarn 1,700g/unit and undyed wool over 2,400g/unit - I dunno if it's this bad on the non-legacy servers. But it's crippling to us non-legacy players - in most cases the value of the materials vastly out-strips the value of the finished products just to add insult to injury since a lot of woolen stuff is simply given away by quests
    (0)
    Last edited by RyuujinZERO; 09-24-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast