Page 46 of 185 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I haven't been able to try my hand at the Coil of Bahamut yet. Is the positioning and need to avoid things as emphasized as in the Titan (hard) battle? I don't see many people complaining about it... but then again, if people are beating Titan, they probably already know what they have to do (move preemptively) to survive in this game. I would really like it if I could move when I see abilities and not beforehand. I'll likely keep playing but I don't want to see the game suffer because of an issue SE seems to be ignoring. Even a small update/acknowledgement would be nice. Btw, we are nearing 50 pages as someone predicted.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Danorille Pandemonium
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko View Post
    I haven't been able to try my hand at the Coil of Bahamut yet. Is the positioning and need to avoid things as emphasized as in the Titan (hard) battle? I don't see many people complaining about it... but then again, if people are beating Titan, they probably already know what they have to do (move preemptively) to survive in this game. I would really like it if I could move when I see abilities and not beforehand. I'll likely keep playing but I don't want to see the game suffer because of an issue SE seems to be ignoring. Even a small update/acknowledgement would be nice. Btw, we are nearing 50 pages as someone predicted.
    I've only done turn 1 and turn 2, the ADS fight has tons of AoE to avoid but they aren't as brutal as Titan's, if you get hit its like 3600 dmg (you die if you don't have the hp requirement). The AoEs come in quick succession too with different patterns.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nell Aveira
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by -Magister View Post
    I suspect a huge drop off as soon as the initial game time runs out, then they will either fix it and hope people come back or do nothing in which case I hope some of the new games are good, I know none of them can have networking this bad so crossed fingers for good gameplay and raid design.
    I highly doubt EQnext, Wildstar or the other up-and-comers will have reflex-intensive battle while programming in an extra 300ms. -_- So points to them over this mess.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hawthorne Nuru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some sort of response to this in the 2.1 patch.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blaze Driptorch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    My friend is getting frustrated with this to the point where I'm afraid he'll go back to wow where this never happens.

You make me sad, SE.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Unruhe Endlos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by EzriNuru View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some sort of response to this in the 2.1 patch.
    I don't expect anything. If they had any intention of fixing the problem they'd have at least acknowledged it by now. No, moving the one thread to "Accepted Bugs" and locking it isn't acknowledgement. That anyone at SE even thought a MMO with positional checks every 300ms with no prediction, compensation, or client-side input was an acceptable thing to release in 2013 speaks volumes as to how utterly clueless the XIV ARR staff really is.
    (14)
    Last edited by Unruhe; 09-23-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cienna Darkmoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
    I don't expect anything. If they had any intention of fixing the problem they'd have at least acknowledged it by now. No, moving the one thread to "Accepted Bugs" and locking it isn't acknowledgement.
    It has also not been placed in the "Confirmed/Planning to Address" part of the forums here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...ing-to-Address So take that as you will. Guess we have our answer.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Unruhe Endlos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastard View Post
    My friend is getting frustrated with this to the point where I'm afraid he'll go back to wow where this never happens.
    WoW isn't perfect (nothing is) and gets a lot of public flak despite having more subscribers than most other MMOs combined, but the one thing that WoW has that nobody can argue against is fluidity.

On a core, fundamental level, World of Warcraft works. If you push an attack, that attack happens. If you run to a spot to avoid an AOE, you avoid that AOE. If a boss starts casting a spell and you press an interrupt, that interrupt happens instantly and successfully every time. WoW has a fluidity and responsiveness that a many recent high-profile games (TOR and ARR especially) simply lack.

How any development staff can sit down and say "Let's make a hotkey, tab-target MMO" and then expend zero effort in nailing combat absolutely boggles my mind. WoW exists. It's easily accessible. It's free until level 20. Have your devs play it. If your WoW-like game feels sluggish and laggy compared to WoW, then you need to start over. You don't release a game with a similar monthly fee while offering what is clearly mechanically inferior to WoW. The final kicker is ARR even managed to have a terrible tab-target system, too! How do you even mess up tab-target? How?!? SE knows, apparently.
    (22)
    Last edited by Unruhe; 09-23-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Red Prince
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 16
    This issue has been here since beta.

SE won't fix it, just unsubscribe to protest.

I will be unsubbing to protest this.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Mireille Sauvaige
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cienna View Post
    It has also not been placed in the "Confirmed/Planning to Address" part of the forums here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...ing-to-Address So take that as you will. Guess we have our answer.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...s-everybody%29 :P
    (0)

Page 46 of 185 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast