Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Bel Rumpelstiltzkin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I don't care how they fix it, but they should fix it because it is frustrating. It does not make anything impossible for anyone and it won't make the game fail, but it makes it much more frustrating and less fun and quite honestly for no good reason.

Other games don't have this issue and so FFXIV should not have the issues that is all there is to it. There is nothing to defend here, SE wants to reach the current mmo- standard and atm they are failing because THIS is exactly it. It is an unecessary source of frustration that noone should HAVE to deal with even if they CAN deal with and overcome it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltzkin View Post
    It is an unecessary source of frustration that noone should HAVE to deal with even if they CAN deal with and overcome it.
    Entitled much? Some people have been experiencing this kind of stuff for years with nothing getting done about it. The one game EU players don't get 'proper' EU servers, and it becomes the end of the world, FF14 becomes the worst game ever, and no body but Square should have to do anything about it.

I picked up WTFast recently to see if it made a difference (30 day free trial) which took my latency from ~260 to ~160, and haven't been hit by a HM Titan AoE unless I derp and don't move straight away. No, no one should have to pay another monthly subscription to a third party to have better latency, but unfortunately it is the only way I have of reducing it. I don't know if it does anything else, but if I'm able to avoid 99% of AoE's on 160ms, it is clearly possible with <100ms.

This is what gets me; there are avenues available to 'improve' your game, but you'd rather sit back shouting and screaming that it isn't your responsibility, and everyone else should do things to fix the game for you. They are working on the issues, and in the meantime you can either deal with it, do something about it, or just move on. It really is your choice.

Edit: And what exactly is the "MMO" standard? Most of the Pay2Play games have fallen from grace and ended up into force Free2Play setups, and even the mighty juggernaut of WoW is hemoraging subscriptions at a rapid rate (down 54% last I heard). So yeah, if you have the golden standard, please share.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jynxii; 09-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Jynx ffxiv not getting eu servers makes the endgame experience worse for eu players. Its common sense. Lag is a game breaker for many players and nothing feels worse then letting your team down due to high latency.
    Not having eu servers is not reaching the current mmo standard since most mmos AAA mmos do have eu servers.

Also the way how red circle abilties damaging effect not completely in sync with attack animation and the red circle itself makes the lag issue feels much worse then it is.

Such as titan doing a knockback straight forward. A player can run right round to titans back and still be knocked off? Looks really messy. A player also run right into a red circle during its end and not receive damage too.
    (1)
    Last edited by sharazisspecial; 09-17-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by sharazisspecial View Post
    Jynx ffxiv not getting eu servers makes the endgame experience worse for eu players. Its common sense.
    Not having eu servers is not reaching the current mmo standard since most mmos AAA mmos do have eu servers
    Okay I can understand this, however as an Oceanic player I can almost guarantee you that I've experienced far worst situations across far more MMOs then you have. This isn't a case of "Mine is bigger than yours", but a simple case of "you know, some times shit happens", and you can do something about it, or you can leave it up to the developers, who may or may not do something about it.

I didn't mean to aim the post directly at you, but there have been countless posts and threads about how EU is getting screwed over by lack of data centres, and how having more than 100ms makes fights and dodging red circles impossible. Yes, latency can be a pain the arse and a problem, but it seems no one is taking anything on themselves, whether it be a case of compensating or reaching out to a third party service. The "It's 2013, there should be servers worldwide and there should be no problems ever and unicorns should exist and poop chocolate" mentality is getting very old. If people were so perfect themselves and never made a mistake, we'd be living in an incredibly different world, and probably one that wouldn't actually have MMOs.

As I said, I can understand where you are coming from because I have experienced it in every MMO I've played, but if it bothers you (or others) so much that it is ruining your game, there are resources you can employ to improve your game. As I said, WTFast has a free month, and if it actually helps, it may give you some more enjoyment for your game. Who knows, Square might actually get proper EU data centres up in a months time and then you'll be laughing. :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bel Rumpelstiltzkin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynxii View Post
    Entitled much?
    Listen, if you think it is okay to have bad latency (or w/e it is that is causing this issue) and whatnot that is your prerogative. I said in another thread that I think it sucks that SEA have had to deal with issues like these for so long and quite frankly you guys should just scream higher and higher until they do something about it because it is not okay. Yeah this time the EU players are affected and at this point yes I will scream at the top of my lungs because it was not okay before and is still not okay and the current standard like Sharazisspecial said is to have servers for several regions including EU. Now SE might not do anything about it, that is their prerogative but you better believe that they will get a lot of shit for it and they deserve every bit of it and more. I already said that this is not what makes or breaks the game overall so stop acting as if I said I know what is needed to make a game successful in the longrun.

There might be other avenues to improve my gameplay and I will explore them (complaining and doing what I can on my end are not mutually exclusive you know), but that does not make SE's actions any better. SEA has had this issue for a long time, the RIGHT way to handle this is to add servers to SEA, the wrong way is to instead act like that type of actions are okay and do the same thing to other regions. Like I said they have messed up on this one and they should get flak for it until they fix the issue regardless of what I do myself to alleviate the problem.

For the record I also said in my previous post that no this does not make any content impossible, just frustrating.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rumpelstiltzkin; 09-17-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    WTFast
    I try this but how do i see the difference in ping ?
    I ping tested before and my ping was 100 , i ping test after using this program and my ping is still 100

, Square might actually get proper EU data centres
    How will we get eu servers without complaining? Let people voice their fustrations and then its up to SE whether they give us eu servers or not.
    (1)
    Last edited by sharazisspecial; 09-17-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ruby Manastorm
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think that there are a lot of factors that go into a Titan run. Was the OP and the rest of the team from the same region? Was it a pure pugged Titan? Did everyone research the fight that's been posted on YoutTube? Were there any Titan HM veterans on the team that can explain each phase or give pointers to get past rough spots while everyone is getting ready after a wipe? What gear was everyone on the team using for the run? There are some very distinct patterns to the fight and even with some lag, you can be prepare to be already moving instead of being caught flat-footed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ed Elric
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Poorly designed engine/networking code causing this pathetic "delay"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edeon Vails
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    I live in Europe and I can relate to this.
    I've learnt to deal with it and predict the pattern of Titan's attacks.
    But prediction shouldn't be involved, only fast response. And with fast response only, I cannot evade the weights. Landslide is not that bad actually.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    -snip-
    First off I'll have to apologize as I misread the names and saw your pictures were almost identical, so I thought you guys were actually the same person; my bad.

Now I never said it was okay for to have high latency, and if this was the impression I gave, then you'll have to forgive me because it is definitely not the impression I meant to give. Unfortunately, you are not the only person to be affect by this issue, so if my posts seem to be directly aimed at you, again, you'll have to forgive me, because they simply aren't. I am glad YOU are looking into other avenues to better your gaming experience, but the overall impression from the quote unquote European player base has been, as I stated, "FF14 and SE suck because they didn't set up an EU data centre! It is 2013 and they should know better, not make mistakes, and have data centres world wide". This is clearly very generalized to what is no doubt a large player base, and in all honesty, could be applied to any 'disadvantaged' group.

Also, the JP servers we have at the moment is the best thing Australian players have ever gotten. I don't believe it it the developers that are the problem in this situation, but the country itself. There was something that someone mentioned awhile ago which goes into things deeper, but on the base level hosting in Australia is stupid expensive so it simply is not practical from a business stand point. SWTOR had Australian servers for a month or two and had to shut them down. Admittedly they screwed up and released them a couple of months after the game was released, after everyone had levelled and made friendship groups etc.

Again, I'm not saying it is okay to have latency, nor am I saying that you are one of the generalized 'whiners' that refuse to do anything about it on their end and complain that having more than 100ms completely breaks the game, which incidentally, it doesn't. And as I've mentioned before, and you highlight, it is Square's choice as to what they do, and you (or any other player) have to option to ride it out and see what they do (if anything), or attempt to do something about it that you can employ and control on your end. As I mentioned, WTFast (tunnelling service) has dropped my latency enough that I can get out of Titan's AoEs on my screen, and not be hit, even when I have the "Oh shit that hit me for sure" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by sharazisspecial View Post
    I try this but how do i see the difference in ping ?
    I ping tested before and my ping was 100 , i ping test after using this program and my ping is still 100
    Apparently pinging the ip address doesn't give you your actual latency. If you open up your Task Manager (Alt + Ctrl + Delete) and goto the Performance tab, then click on the Resource Monitor... button, a new window will pop up. Click on the TCP Connections part and it will list everything that is connected to your internet, and the latency for it. When you have WTFast running, you'll see numbers next to WTFast.exe. This will be your latency for FF14 (assuming you loaded it correctly). To see the difference, load FF14 without WTFast and you'll see latency next to ffxiv.exe. I was always under the impression I was on 160 ms because of pinging the server, but in reality it was 260ms+

Also, you guys are definitely within your rights to complain, it is just the people that get so anti about having to do anything to deal with the situation. Maybe I'm a little biased because I live in Australia and it is simply not feesible to have this issue ever fixed any time soon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jynxii; 09-17-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast