Player
    Character
    Clydey Macdonald
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Hey hey hey, an idea! I think its a genuinely good one at that.

But the one roadblock I'm sure we will hit in the next page or two, and the XIV players who will cry foul because your idea promotes competition. They want nothing to do with competition, and want everything handed to them in an instanced zone where no one can impede upon their success.
    There's really no winning if people want fair competition eliminated. I can understand the frustration associated with botting, but they surely can have no moral objection to a fair competition that is based on skill. One hopes that this is the case, at least.
    (1)

Player

I myself would like some open world nm's/hmn's. I am not a big fan of every dungeon being an instance so far. I find that other than the few nm's that are in the open world more are needed. No matter what is done there will always be claim wars over open world nm's/hmn's, but that dose not mean dont add them or add them to instances only. FFXIV needs more variety , but not in 1 form that is prevailent so far and that is instance dungeons.
    (2)

Please dear god give us some big open world stuff. I beg you Yoshi.
    (3)
    http://bluegarterls.com

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Being first to claim stuff isn't as skill based as some seem to believe. You need a requisite skill to kill what you claim, yes, but the act of claiming itself is just wasting someone's time (be it yours or mine or someone else's). I can understand the rush of getting the claim, I've enjoyed it myself in the past, it just always leads to the unhealthy tactics like bots and mpks and so on. By not implementing a system like that they're avoiding so many disgusting aspects of players' behavior. I do support HNM pops and kills if they're for fun/pride/trophies, then they'd be camped for the enjoyment of competition alone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aslan Comert
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I agree with this thread. Ever since I started playing FFXIV, I haven't felt the same adrenaline rush of claiming a NM or getting a drop from a NM... And those were my most memorable moments in FFXI.

Down with instanced raids/dungeons! More to random spawning NMs/HNMs! (Given that they actually drop useful stuff)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Clydey Macdonald
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    Being first to claim stuff isn't as skill based as some seem to believe. You need a requisite skill to kill what you claim, yes, but the act of claiming itself is just wasting someone's time (be it yours or mine or someone else's). I can understand the rush of getting the claim, I've enjoyed it myself in the past, it just always leads to the unhealthy tactics like bots and mpks and so on. By not implementing a system like that they're avoiding so many disgusting aspects of players' behavior. I do support HNM pops and kills if they're for fun/pride/trophies, then they'd be camped for the enjoyment of competition alone.
    Hence my suggestion that access to an open world HNM should perhaps be based on who kills 'guardian' mobs the quickest. This is a way to base HNM claims on skill, while preserving competition.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rjain Midnight
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 83
    I was gonna support the thread.

Until I noticed that it's one of those posters that likes to spotlight in the first post anyone that happens to disagree with him.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    So please Sephrick, continue to inform us on how HNM's are crap. And how 2.0 is going to bring us into a euphoric land of happiness, with impossible Instanced raids that will drop relics so that everyone can have the same gear.
    You approach this whole topic with a sense of smug condescension. As if you've gazed into a crystal ball and saw what the 2.0 instances will be like. None of us know what the content will be like. But SE certainly isn't going to hand out gear in 2.0. In 1.x, sure, because it's only meant to keep us around for another seven months or so.

I am here, along with many others to make sure that 2.0 will have more than just shitty instances. Get used to me, I am going no where.
    And I'm here to play the game that SE said they needed two years to make. Not to try and force them to remake a game that died out five years ago.

And see, this is where you're at fault. You're the one assuming you know what the content design will be like. You're the one automatically assuming the 2.0 instances will be, as you put it so eloquently, "shitty."

All I'm saying is Ifrit is clearly an example of what they'd like to do. But the design team is stifled by the servers and engine.

And the stubborn comment... Coming from the guy posting in nearly every thread preaching the greatness of the instances 2.0 will bring. All you are doing is keeping my thread at the top. So I will give you a small thanks, and hopefully you will assist in us getting a Dev comment.
    I'd still like to discuss compromise. But no one is willing to. It's "uber gear from HNMs" or nothing at all.

Which brings me back to the point that SE has stated their intentions with what content will be like in 2.0. You and a handful of posters want it to not be that. Do you really believe SE is going to go back to the drawing board again? 2.0 is their sink or swim moment for XIV.

I'd love to get a dev response. I'd be all for HNMs that drop trophies or gear equivalent to instanced content. I keep saying that yet people keep coming at me as if I didn't, so I respond.

So if you respond to anything in this post, make it this: Is dropping equivalent gear enough? HNM drops Uber Sword of Epicness, instance drops Epic Sword of Uberness, both have the same stats but different graphics each are as difficult to get. Is that a satisfactory compromise? Then the player base can decide their favored method of game play.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Clydey Macdonald
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    So if you respond to anything in this post, make it this: Is dropping equivalent gear enough? HNM drops Uber Sword of Epicness, instance drops Epic Sword of Uberness, both have the same stats but different graphics each are as difficult to get. Is that a satisfactory compromise? Then the player base can decide their favored method of game play.
    I wouldn't view that as a solution. It still fails to promote any real competition, which is what I think a lot of players are hungry for.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
    I wouldn't view that as a solution. It still fails to promote any real competition, which is what I think a lot of players are hungry for.
    How so?

If players really are hungry for competition, they'll seek out the competition. Plus having different names and graphics for the items distinguishes the source of the items.

It's the perfect way to put it in the hands of the players. Because everyone will know that the item of a certain look came from an HNM, and those that care at all can be impressed by it.

This is a Player vs Enemy game. There's no inherent player vs player competition in that description. I'm here to cooperate with my fellow players, not block them from playing the game.
    (1)

Page 15 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast