Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    8 hour timed pops keep them barely rotating every day, pick a number that doesn't go so well into 24 hours, like 5 or 7 or something that goes into it more often like 3. And yes, i was complaining that instead of people who actually need the belt OUTSIDE YOUR OWN SHELL, could camp it for 7 years and never get it while people IN YOUR SHELL who will never level monk covet the items. That kind of bullcrap shouldn't exist. Hence my "do not want OP items" from HNM thoughts i wrote earlier.

I know, I know. They're not in you shell so they can go eff themselves, right?.... fail.
    Your argument is:

Due to some people not being able to obtain an item, the entire system should be scrapped?

I certainly hope you can bring more to the table.

People are not going to be able to get every item they want, and that is that. The game needs to have that basis, as compared to allowing every player to obtain anything he/she might want.
    It is the excitement and the chase of knowing that you want X-Item, but you may never get it.
    (1)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Sri Ahbayaa
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    True. My thought were that once it came into your prime time zone, it would stay there for a while. 7 or 9 hours or 8.5 might work better.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhayaa View Post
    True. My thought were that once it came into your prime time zone, it would stay there for a while. 7 or 9 hours or 8.5 might work better.
    Good point, I will edit my post to reflect this.

Thank you for your input.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Your argument is:

Due to some people not being able to obtain an item, the entire system should be scrapped?

I certainly hope you can bring more to the table.

People are not going to be able to get every item they want, and that is that. The game needs to have that basis, as compared to allowing every player to obtain anything he/she might want.
    It is the excitement and the chase of knowing that you want X-Item, but you may never get it.
    Are you not reading all my stuff? weird cuz you keep replying to it. AGAIN, i'm not even talking about casuals, I'm talking about people who ACTIVELY CAMP THINGS and put in just as much effort as you.... They're not everyone, they're the player base willing to make the effort. It's not like handing out gear. If you can't even pay attention to that detail (that i've brought up before and now again) then i think i'll just stop talking in here. Having a discussion while someone is keeping a closed mind is counterproductive.

Edit for spelling and a PS: Even the time not bein 8 hours was mine. lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Peptaru; 03-29-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sri Ahbayaa
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    The black belt problem is a valid point. However, given the ideas we've discussed about large range spawns and things that make it harder for the same group to claim everytime, not to mention 3x more spawns per day, I don't feel like it would present the same issue as it did in xi. Now inner linkshell favoritism is a problem you'll encounter just as much with instanced content.

On top of this, black belt was never a necessity to play monk. I know I never had one on mine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Are you not reading all my stuff? weird cuz you keep replying to it. AGAIN, i'm not even talking about casuals, I'm talking about people who ACTIVELY CAMP THINGS and put in just as much effort as you.... They're not everyone, they're the player base willing to make the effort. It's not like handing out gear. If you can't even pay attention to that detail (that i've brought up before and now again) then i think i'll just stop talking in here. Having a discussion while someone is keeping a closed mind is counterproductive.

Edit for spelling and a PS: Even the time not bein 8 hours was mine. lol.
    My response is the same. I did not point out casuals and say they were the ones unable to obtain the gear. I said the general term "certain people"

You want to turn down HNM's because "certain people" won't obtain the gear. That is honestly absurd. Not everyone is going to be able to obtain the items, even if a valid effort is given. Such is life. Please review your own posts before you call others out on not reading "all your stuff". I assure you sir, we are paying attention.

I am not going to cry foul, and try to have HNM's nixed simply because I was not able to obtain a certain item.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I'll go back to my original state of mind then, forget HNM, FFXIV isn't designed for them. It's built for work = reward, not work = maybe get OP stuff. If I have to choose then I, like most people, think this system is a hell of a lot better than what XI had. Go fondle your epeen elsewhere. Yep, that was overly aggressive and IDC. Here I was hoping you (being the biggest proponent of these coming back in new ways) would welcome work = reward, when it seems you might just be another e-peener.

If people want to camp HNMs for thrill, cool. If people want to camp HNMs just to think they're better than the other players, then nothx. It should stay out of XIV. That isn't the environment it's built so far. Work = reward in XIV.
    (0)

I'll go back to my original state of mind then, forget HNM, FFXIV isn't designed for them. It's built for work = reward, not work = maybe get OP stuff. If I have to choose then I, like most people, think this system is a hell of a lot better than what XI had. Go fondle your epeen elsewhere. Yep, that was overly aggressive and IDC. Here I was hoping you (being the biggest proponent of these coming back in new ways) would welcome work = reward, when it seems you might just be another e-peener.

If people want to camp HNMs for thrill, cool. If people want to camp HNMs just to think they're better than the other players, then nothx. It should stay out of XIV. That isn't the environment it's built so far. Work = reward in XIV.
    XIV wasn't built for anything other than catering to casual playstyle (Guildleves) originally. This environment you speak of already exists in FFXIV and will continue to do so. Do you not see the class/job stacking on raids? While you do make a point that doing anything in MMORPGs these days = get auto rewarded, maybe the first thing they should so is create an environment that does reward work, because as of now you don't really get rewarded or that sense of accomplishment from anything in XIV. You may get a drop from doing Toto-Rak for example, but how often did you get repeats or not the exact item you wanted the first try?

That's no different than HNM hunting.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Work = Doing 72 runs of Moogle/Ifrit hoping that the drops might magically come to you, instead of someone who doesn't need it?

Regardless of how much you dislike HNM's, I think it would be foolish to ignore the greater majority of people in this thread that do.

We are trying to stay on a mature basis, and discuss the topic. Rather than stray into immature statements like "go fondle your epeen" and "might just be another e-peener". Statements like this hurt any credibility you might have had.

We don't want HNM's for an ego boost. We want them because of the thrill, excitement, and the literally overwhelming sense of accomplishment that comes with them. And yes, it is nice to wear those "elite" items.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Work = Doing 72 runs of Moogle/Ifrit hoping that the drops might magically come to you, instead of someone who doesn't need it?
    Bah, you beat me to it..

Yeah, Pep's WHOLE argument on Work = Reward in FFXIV is completly wrong. Not just dungeon runs, but OMG can you say PL.. How about those people who sat around doing nothing but got max 50's in a week or two vs those that leve'd or partied with similar level peeps? What about those who turbo spam (or bot...) crafting vs those who actually used leve's and/or tried for higher exp synths? What about in DH where in order to get the highest "reward", you literrally try to do the least amount of work and skip through it all? What about being able to get insta-ported to anywhere in the world w/o ever having to have traveled anywhere before?.. Yeah.. you may want to rethink that one..
    (0)

Page 36 of 117 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast