Page 39 of 185 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Dusty Boots
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    DF lag is a big problem on bosses. SE made the bosses flashier than regular play plus the stressed out duty finder servers. be it as a local group or random party everyone still gets some lag because of the instance itself. seeing your character half way across the platform well out of an AOE marker and still getting slammed is a problem SE has yet to fix.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Abaddon Deathslayer
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I try and tell people this every time, that his rotation of moves is exactly the same for each phase. If you start moving before WOL shows up on the ground you'll never get hit. People who get hit by landslide just suck...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silver Darkmoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Again we have people saying that there is no problem because we can move before attacks begin. Of course we can and do, that is not the issue so here it is again:

In 2011 Yoshi said this here: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/107...-Transcription

Sonomaa (BG): With the new 2.0 server systems, will the major game breaking issues such as animation lock, the positioning imprecision, and interface lag be greatly reduced? Closer to the speed of FFXI? Or better than FFXI?

Square-Enix: First of all, we'd like for you not to worry. The interface lag will get much better when we introduce the server system for 2.0. As compared to 11, he (Yoshida) would rather compare it to World of Warcraft. It's going to depend on things such as your personal environment, equipment, etc. But it will be closer to that then what currently exists.

BG: That is important, because FFXI is good, but World of Warcraft is "I push forward, I go forward. I turn around, I turn around." In FFXI, I can turn around with a few button clicks and it's not that slow. In FFXIV, I turned around and it took 30 seconds to finish that rotation. I have a Core-i7 - a fast computer - and not being able to do that was a problem.

SE: The current plan, when we're redesigning the servers, is to have a system where there's difficult tactical battles. Like the Ifrit battle, he wants to make end content closer to this - where it's all about the positioning is important and where response is immediate so you have to decide in one second where to make these moves...
    In beta Yoshi said this:
    With the advent of stronger internet connections, recent MMORPGs have come to be able to have defensive and evasive skills similar to offline stand alone games. Despite this, I feel that this does not fit with our customers who play FINAL FANTASY online, and I would like to have everyone play this game steadily for as long of a time as possible, which is why we’ve eliminated action elements to the best of our ability.

With these goals in mind we have built the content and the battle system.
    Visually noticeable AoE attacks that you can avoid by moving
    A system where you can boost damage by attacking from certain positions
    Freedom to put things together by executing skills that follow a specific route
    Being able to fixate on dealing the most damage while giving consideration to TP/MP costs in the end-game.
    Jump not being essential for clearing content

While it might be thought of as simplistic, the end-game after reaching the level cap is where a good deal of player skill differences will start to appear, especially when adding equipment into the mix. We started designing this game by making the first goal of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn having everyone enjoy this aspect.

This is the reason why there are no action elements in FFXIV content and battle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsHuXAl-bOY
    At 6:21 landslide cast begins
    At 6:22 player leaves aoe with cast bar at 75%
    At 6:24 player is hit by landslide and knocked off

The issue is that Yoshi told us not to worry, 2.0 would fix the lag. It hasn't yet.

Now maybe you're fine with that, that's ok it's a personal choice. When I make a promise I do my best to honor it.

In my opinion Yoshi and his team tried their best to fix it and failed. It happens to all of us. It would be nice if they just let us know that they can't fix it and everyone can stop wasting their time posting here.
    (16)
    Last edited by Silverwalk; 09-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rozen Toure
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 20
    the latency kills ppl on titan seriously.what i did is just keep moving left and right.if the aoe is under me,i am already a step forward which can help me alot to dodge
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rie Akasuki
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Yeah there are alot of people claiming that there isn't a problem at all.
    Are you telling us that they designed these bosses like this? where we need to actually predict every skill he will cast and move even before he does it?
    If that's a true intended gameplay mechanic then that is pretty retarded. Whoever came up with it should feel bad.
    I'm pretty sure memorizing patterns help, of course they do with no doubt. No one is saying that it doesnt help. What if I told you I have the bosses pattern memorized,
    try to get out of the aoe but still get hit? Oh, these people are probably gonna tell me its my internet and I need an upgrade.
    Do you think I'm that stupid to not know when my internet is trolling me or not? then giving the solution of paying for a VPN service really..?
    Like previous poster said System requirements did not state that we need a vpn service to actually properly play the game without these issues :/
    (10)

Character
    Kicking Wolf
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I got stuck on normal Titan because of a lot of bad and some lag. After a bit I started messing around and found that it is possible to run into his ability before he is done casting and not get hit by it while people outside of the ability path get hit by it.

It isn't just Titan that does this but its very obvious since you die when you get hit. The dragon in the goblin instance was hitting me the other night while I was way out of ability range and my entire party saw that I wasn't in it but still getting hit.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Krell Ynjynor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KogaDrake View Post
    realize that blue line isnt a red line and isnt the edge of the aoe
    it is actualy, ive stood with my toes toutching it many times
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    You shouldn't have to be clairvoyant to play a game, also most runs that fail first time disband so learning the fight can be hard especially with pug groups.

Overall though we shouldn't be sat here saying "this is ok, learn the fight" when the game is obviously broken for some people, this needs to be fixed.

What happens when/if they add fights that have no pattern ?
    Well said Jinko, Rydin.

I've experienced this awful latency as well on Titan HM, and I knew the pattern.

On a side note: Does anyone feel like more of these Boss encounters are becoming a glorified version of Dance Dance Revolution? Left, Right, Up, Down, Up, Up, Down, etc. It just feels like we're learning Dance Moves instead of really battling exciting Bosses and saving Eorzea.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Six Chambers
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwalk View Post
    In my opinion Yoshi and his team tried their best to fix it and failed. It happens to all of us. It would be nice if they just let us know that they can't fix it and everyone can stop wasting their time posting here.
    ^ This. Hopefully they let us know what's up. Then we can all move on from this thread and maybe the game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Krell Ynjynor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I want to know if they intend to fix it or are they just gonna stay with the copy paste 1.0 server code and its problems and pretend its the players fault.
    (11)

Page 39 of 185 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast