Player
    Character
    Harmony Rave
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 22
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterChubu View Post
    or B. former WoW players that are used to easy mode. I sincerely hope SE doesn't "tweak" the game into a carebear, faceroll, WoW, piece of crap.
    This is such a naive statement. I love FFXIV, I agree it could use some more content, but let's not kid ourselves...

Dungeons in FFXIV are about the same level of faceroll as ezmode dungeons in WoW. I would put the new speedrun (less than 18 minutes) of AK post-patch as challenging as a gold challenge mode in WoW. Except WoW has like 8 challenge modes for 5man, whereas AK is just one... speedrunning CM and WP are complete 1-tank 1-heal faceroll.

There is FAR less trash in ffxiv than in most of the older raids in WoW, as far as time is concerned. At least that trash had some interesting things that may or may not drop.

Quite frankly the only remotely challenging content for an organized group is turn 5, and that is simply a massive gear and overtuned issue at the moment. I would argue your average heroic boss on WoW, especially in older expansions, is considerably more challenging than anything in FFXIV outside of turn 5, maybe turn 4 and pug HM titan.

FFXIV is an okay difficulty, but could use a lot more challenging content.
    (2)
    Last edited by Gazelleee; 10-03-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    is true, for old player of mmorpg, that have try a lot of different challenge in different mmorpg, actually the game don't offer a very high challenge, but for people that have never been into endgame this are really challenge, i have a friend that was never a fan of endgame. she is now totally hooked, she enjoy every boss she beat, more important now she even try to face this same challenge with different class (she is WHM) now she try it in GLD and it's like a new game for her.

all of this for say, maybe you need to change your way to see the game and simply enjoy it as it is.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Methos Ranperre
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Laiyenu View Post
    Bosses loot is worthless, this argument is only valid in Raids. (crystal tower or Coil due to the boss drops being worth something).
    Worthless, yet you are wearing Strategos gear from AK. I'm sure if you didn't have a DL Cowl, you would gladly take the body as well and the belt also.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laiyenu Rae
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaX View Post
    Worthless, yet you are wearing Strategos gear from AK. I'm sure if you didn't have a DL Cowl, you would gladly take the body as well and the belt also.
    Yup. wouldn't be though if more Allg peices dropped, so far we've see the Healer headpiece 3 times and nothing else sides tank and LNC stuff.

To your point, I cant convert AK gear, its just a poor stepping stone into DL (which you dont even need due to people just running CM day and night)
    (0)

I'm the Bloodgaru Queen.

Player
    Character
    Stephielynn Sturmwind
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I like dungeons but i agree with most the "trash mobs" need to drop something.. gil, gear, stones, something.. great example ffxi old school dynamis.. you had to kill "trash mobs" to get to the boss but they dropped gear and currency along the way.. something like this needs to be added to level 50 dungeons..
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Karulaa Stormclaw
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    For the people complaining that CM speed runs are an "exploit":

First of all, I'm not the kind of person who complains about people watching cutscenes. If I end up in duty finder with people who want to watch CS, I'm fine with that, and if they're not familiar with speed runs, I have no problem staying and showing them how it's done. Everyone has to start somewhere.

However, speed runs in CM actually make sense when you look at the storyline. You're essentially infiltrating an enemy base, so why would you charge in full speed ahead, aggro-ing ALL the things, and calling attention to yourself? Hence the searchlights you have to turn off. You're trying to NOT be detected. So to me it kinda makes sense to sneak behind some of the trash. Plus, SE made the decision to fix AK, but not CM, so they probably don't see it as an exploit. I do agree that you should have the option to queue up for story/no story so you're not having all the drama with CS.

Just my two cents. :P
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kaladin Shadowheart
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Not to mention after you finish the story, speed runs are the only sane option. There is no loot, the only goal is to get through it as fast as possible so you can do it again.
    (2)

Greetings,

We're planning to release a hotfix next week that we'll use to address and adjust a few elements.

One of the adjustments regards the regular monsters in level 50 dungeons and how there is currently no reason to defeat them.

We'll be announcing additional details about the hotfix details soon!
    (124)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Two Eggs
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    only hotfix I wanna see is more gil drop on enemies. . I mean in AK u get 1 gil for killing mobs that's just a sick joke to do at lvl 50 I rarelt come out of that place making enough to repair my gear lets do 100 gil per kill .. at lvl 50 that makes sense.. I know that u can make money other ways but some people like me who are fathers and have real jobs don't have the time to make gil other ways in such fashion.
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Roy Hildenbrand
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

We're planning to release a hotfix next week that we'll use to address and adjust a few elements.

One of the adjustments regards the regular monsters in level 50 dungeons and how there is currently no reason to defeat them.

We'll be announcing additional details about the hotfix details soon!
    NOOOOOOO let me get all my DL and relic stuff first. Now I have to grind hardcore to catch up to everyone else.
    (7)

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast