Character
    Ria Ayo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Edit this suggestion into the OP please
    Pretty sure I mentioned it a while back, but I completely agree. The way to make people do dungeon / HNM content, while still keeping crafters and crafted gear viable, is to make them drop materials that can be crafted into high-end gear. This way you are not simply farming darklight that replaces any crafted item, and the crafter is left with nothing to do.

Personally, I don't really care all that much and think too much of this game is focused on crafters to the point that they can't properly balance it and keep it fun / motivating for people, but if they can balance it I think it would be really cool.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaayo View Post
    Pretty sure I mentioned it a while back, but I completely agree. The way to make people do dungeon / HNM content, while still keeping crafters and crafted gear viable, is to make them drop materials that can be crafted into high-end gear. This way you are not simply farming darklight that replaces any crafted item, and the crafter is left with nothing to do.

Personally, I don't really care all that much and think too much of this game is focused on crafters to the point that they can't properly balance it and keep it fun / motivating for people, but if they can balance it I think it would be really cool.
    I agree. In regards to the hopeful NM/HNM system it would be nice to see a balanced drop system that benefits every type of player. Would be kinda neat if, lets say, an HNM dropped some nice gear, along with mats for crafters to craft some epic gear as well.

Also, 600 replies, 144+ likes, Dev's seem to be avoiding this thread!
    (1)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Also, 600 replies, 144+ likes, Dev's seem to be avoiding this thread!
    Probably because of this. 79.3% of all players polled voted for instanced content over the competitive content you are asking for.

The people have spoken. As such, we'll be operating under the premise that new PvE content, such as dungeons containing sought-after loot, will be instanced. By instancing content in this way, we'll be able to reduce claim wars and counter-camping and all that. There's also the added merit of enabling the level design team to work with a clear theme in mind, and create much more engaging and challenging content.
    The lack of response so far has to be 1 of 2 things.

1) They aren't going to do it, but do not want to say no flat out because of backlash they would get from the people in favor of HNMs.

2) They haven't had time to even look at it / give a definate answer yet because they are prioritizing other things first.

Honestly some of the ideas in the OP for different ways of spawning NMs seems very interesting and fun (sans the timmed HNMs but I've said my piece on that.) I just wouldn't hold my breath for a response.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalWeapon View Post
    Probably because of this. 79.3% of all players polled voted for instanced content over the competitive content you are asking for.

The lack of response so far has to be 1 of 2 things.

1) They aren't going to do it, but do not want to say no flat out because of backlash they would get from the people in favor of HNMs.

2) They haven't had time to even look at it / give a definate answer yet because they are prioritizing other things first.

Honestly some of the ideas in the OP for different ways of spawning NMs seems very interesting and fun (sans the timmed HNMs but I've said my piece on that.) I just wouldn't hold my breath for a response.
    We all see how purely instanced content is doing for FFXIV. It truly is thriving, is it not? The results of a player poll taken during a period of time unto which the total player population was under 5000 seems relatively irrelevant right now.

As for your "1.)" I'm glad that you know the will of Square-Enix, and have the ability to answer for them. Seems a little strange to avoid touching a topic that has obviously drawn alot of attention, but I never expected them to answer. I hope they will though.

As for your "2.)" They don't need to "look" at it right now. When i say look at it, I mean implement it. We all know something of this nature won't come until post 2.0. Simply judging off how absolutely barren this game is at the time being in terms on content, ignoring this kind of content would be well... ill-advised? (this is my opinion)

And my breath isn't held at all! I just hope SE will implement some ideas that might capture the hearts of people who loved their prior MMO. And if not? That's fine as well, I will happily take my business elsewhere and find a new MMO to play

But I loved FFXI, and I want to eventually love FFXIV. Hopefully Squeenix pulls though for us.
    (0)
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; 04-04-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Well I know I voted for instanced content but I was thinking of all the lag and such when I did it. If the same question came up now, or an even better worded question, I would answer much more in favor of more openworld content.

Actually, I would vote for both kinds of content...

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelta_Sumasu View Post
    Well I know I voted for instanced content but I was thinking of all the lag and such when I did it. If the same question came up now, or an even better worded question, I would answer much more in favor of more openworld content.

Actually, I would vote for both kinds of content...
    I would definitely be in favor of both.

More content would only do good things for this game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    We all see how purely instanced content is doing for FFXIV. It truly is thriving, is it not? The results of a player poll taken during a period of time unto which the total player population was under 5000 seems relatively irrelevant right now.

As for your "1.)" I'm glad that you know the will of Square-Enix, and have the ability to answer for them. Seems a little strange to avoid touching a topic that has obviously drawn alot of attention, but I never expected them to answer. I hope they will though.

As for your "2.)" They don't need to "look" at it right now. When i say look at it, I mean implement it. We all know something of this nature won't come until post 2.0. Simply judging off how absolutely barren this game is at the time being in terms on content, ignoring this kind of content would be well... ill-advised? (this is my opinion)

And my breath isn't held at all! I just hope SE will implement some ideas that might capture the hearts of people who loved their prior MMO. And if not? That's fine as well, I will happily take my business elsewhere and find a new MMO to play

But I loved FFXI, and I want to eventually love FFXIV. Hopefully Squeenix pulls though for us.
    I do not know the will of se, but I'm not naive enough to think that the translators haven't brought this topic to their attention yet.

On the topic of the poll, you are exaggerating the hell out of how low the numbers were during that poll. Neither one of us know the amount of people who voted in it. Even if it were only 5k people. 79% of 5k = 3,950. 3,950 dwarfs the 144 likes in support of this idea. Just saying...

I may come off as an ass sometimes, but I truely do hope you get a dev response of some kind to this thread eventually even if I don't like the answer.

*Lights the Bayohne signal*
    (1)

Player

Wierd how there is such a lack of reading comprehension when it comes to a year old player poll. Only quesion even relavent that I saw was a question about the targeting system and its relation to the content. No where did I see any question asking if players prefered instanced or non-instanced over one or the other.

Not to mention that poll was done with players that were freerolling, now that the payment time has left, a HUGE majority of the players that took that poll quit. Not to mention the word is out that the game has improved by leaps and bounds. This has caused an influx of new players. This is evenend by new threads and post in the "New Players section of the forums.

Actually, if you want to make this about numbers. There are 608 post in this thread. 88.9% of those post are PRO open world.
    There are 19 threads debating instanced Vs. Open world content desires. 11 of them are threads that are PRO open world.

I can throw up just as many sideways numbers that do not accuratelly depict the direct factual opinions of the overall population as you can.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Wierd how there is such a lack of reading comprehension when it comes to a year old player poll. Only quesion even relavent that I saw was a question about the targeting system and its relation to the content. No where did I see any question asking if players prefered instanced or non-instanced over one or the other.
    10. If the current target claiming system were done away with, would you prefer for content such as dungeons and battle to be converted into instances as much as possible?
    * "Instances" refer to those events and areas that can only be occupied by a single party, or certain characters, at once. This serves to prevent players from competing with one another for the same enemies, for example.
    Sure you're not talking about your own reading comprehension? Pretty damn sure it fits with the competitive content you are talking about.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalWeapon View Post
    Sure you're not talking about your own reading comprehension? Pretty damn sure it fits with the competitive content you are talking about.
    And have they changed the claiming system since that poll? If you had reading comprehension, you would understand the question is 100% condition on the reference to the claiming system. No where does it mention anything about HNMs. Pretty sure NMs, HNMs, and dungeons are very different.

I do thank you though. I appreciate you keeping all these 40+ page threads that are 80%+ post of pro-open world post.
    (0)
    Last edited by Coglin; 04-04-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Page 61 of 117 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast