Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Ok so I'm not opposed to giving idea's and suggestions, hell I give enough of my own.

I just don't think we should be saying hey can you copy this from this game.

I like ThePatriarch thread about NM's because he is asking for discussion on new idea's and suggestions to add NM's.

This thread is more like can you copy this from FF11.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Because it's a different game. Is that not enough?

Why can't you work with what things are meant to be in this game and improve those, instead of asking them to scrap ideas and/or copy directly from another game?
    Why can't you deal with both things being in game? Would it be oh so terrible that we had both FFXIV type NMs and FFXI like ones? How does this hurt you? Yoshi said he wanted this game to be like a theme park. Okay, I don't like to get on the kiddy rides, I like the roller coaster. I like camping ying yang robe with just 6~8 players against two full alliances and WINNING. I like that kind of ride man. It doesn't have to do anything with yours. Why can't you stay in the spinning tea cups while I go up and down and around in the roller coaster!? Live and let live man.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Morticous Trucido
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Im with op.
    (5)
    Morticous - Senior admin of.... well of nothing. (cool picture here)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I mean I agree with getting more world NMs and different pop conditions... but you make it sound like the NMs we have now are crappy. They're not.

And some of FFXI's pop conditions were so obtuse that people even doubted that the NMs existed, like Voluptuous Vilma.
    And Noble Mold. Every 20 hours if it was raining and no one killed the placeholder it'd pop. And whoo, was Rain Hat ever an awesome item...

I knew people who would go out and kill the placeholder just "for the fun of pissing off the people camping it."

Awesome design right there. A whole lot of time spent getting a ToD and planning the time to camp just to have one person blow through and ruin it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Morticous Trucido
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    And Noble Mold. Every 20 hours if it was raining and no one killed the placeholder it'd pop. And whoo, was Rain Hat ever an awesome item...

I knew people who would go out and kill the placeholder just "for the fun of pissing off the people camping it."

Awesome design right there. A whole lot of time spent getting a ToD and planning the time to camp just to have one person blow through and ruin it.
    QQ DUDE. Be better quicker faster.
    (0)
    Morticous - Senior admin of.... well of nothing. (cool picture here)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticous View Post
    QQ DUDE. Be better quicker faster.
    That's not QQing its being sarcastic.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    State Alchemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 55
    There is no reason they can't add in some competitive camping situations. THe people that complain about them either didn't like the spawn conditions, or couldn't out-claim. There are some simple solutions to that. (Pop items, no ridiculous 24 hour spawn window crap etc.) The point is, where is the competition in this game? There is none. There is really no situation where two people find themselves in a battle for who can get this claim etc. Would be nice to see a little bit of that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by StateAlchemist View Post
    There is no reason they can't add in some competitive camping situations. THe people that complain about them either didn't like the spawn conditions, or couldn't out-claim.
    Or had lives which stopped them from being on at the correct times.

There are some simple solutions to that. (Pop items, no ridiculous 24 hour spawn window crap etc.) The point is, where is the competition in this game? There is none. There is really no situation where two people find themselves in a battle for who can get this claim etc. Would be nice to see a little bit of that.
    Agree with the pop idea, I think this is a much better solution of course then we don't get to see awesome bosses roaming the world.
    (1)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    Why can't you deal with both things being in game? Would it be oh so terrible that we had both FFXIV type NMs and FFXI like ones? How does this hurt you?
    Because it's wasted development time for s**t that the majority of players don't like or want. The NMs we have now are fine and everyone (except people still stuck in FFXI gear) likes them. Nobody (except people still stuck in FFXI gear) likes NMs with horrid pop conditions or competition for camping these NMs.

Yoshi said he wanted this game to be like a theme park. Okay, I don't like to get on the kiddy rides, I like the roller coaster. I like camping ying yang robe with just 6~8 players against two full alliances and WINNING. I like that kind of ride man. It doesn't have to do anything with yours. Why can't you stay in the spinning tea cups while I go up and down and around in the roller coaster!? Live and let live man.
    I like how you euphemistically make fun of my skill because I don't like wasting my time doing nothing, and I don't like developers wasting time making extensive content for a minority of players.

Maybe a more apt comparison is we both want to get on the rollercoaster, but they have a "special" seat for "hardcore rollercoaster dudes." It's somewhere in the middle of the rollercoaster and isn't anything special, but only one person can sit in it at a time, and there's a separate line for getting on that seat, which of course, only lets in one person per ride.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    There is no reason they can't add in some competitive camping situations. THe people that complain about them either didn't like the spawn conditions, or couldn't out-claim. There are some simple solutions to that. (Pop items, no ridiculous 24 hour spawn window crap etc.) The point is, where is the competition in this game? There is none. There is really no situation where two people find themselves in a battle for who can get this claim etc. Would be nice to see a little bit of that.
    It would be fun to see some different methods of spawning nms. I personally like the idea of pop items even if the droprate is horribly low from the surrounding mobs. Sure it's a timesink but it doesn't feel like you're sitting around with your hands under your ass waiting for a spawn window to open.
    (0)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast