Player
    Character
    Mayin Avantari
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rin_Kuroi View Post
    I don't think your are necessarily slow. That frontal line knockback extends well beyond what the ground effect indicates. I just did Titan and told my group to keep running once you get targeted (even after the ground effect disappears). We didn't have a problem.
    It doesn't, it just means your ping with the server is too high. But yes usually get a safe distance and you are ok.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    With something like the titan issue it is easy to see how it can be frustrating since that move pretty much is a game ender for you input in the fight if you are hit by it.

I do think that if they are unable to find a way to make up for peoples latency for that attack then the best they can do is make it a move that just pushes you to the edge and leaves you with 1 HP while binding you. When hit by the move you are invulnerable for 2-5 seconds giving the healer enough time to recover the one hit by it. At least then there would still be a sense of danger without removing it completely, the person hurt would need to be healed causing MP to be used on another target, but it wouldn't outright end the fight for those unable to dodge it due to latency. In a sense the push back move would become similar to the way the plumes are in the Ifrit fight.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kanzer Vardel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect View Post
    I have 50ms latency and I have to time it perfectly to not get hit by stuff on the ground. And when I do get hit for some reason it does not show that I have been hit for about a second after the cast bar dissappears. Mr all pro video game player please teach me how to avoid a 400ms latency. I guess I have to avoid latency harder. There was something similar than this in SWTOR and it was fixed about a month after release. This is a problem it's just fanboi's cant see it. I have been raiding in MMO's for years and have never had a problem avoiding red stuff until this game. There are numerous threads about this, it is not just a select few having an issue with this.
    Obviously it is a select few, as I see more people posting who DON'T have issues, than people who do. Me being one of them. Maybe those who don't have issues simply adapt better, whose to say? My point is it's not a hopeless situation in the least.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vikai Ret
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    After doing Titan HM I want to clarify some of the ways things work.

Do NOT cast while moving. This is the big thing. Melee is the same way. If you melee right before you leave the circle, it will register you in the circle prior to the explosion.

So if I true Thrust into HM Titan while the animation is expiring and I did it when i was still in there, I will stil take damage even though I left.

Also, you do have to move really fast. It is a reaction thing, and you need to take great steps, not small ones. Get out the way and you will be fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karl Hurtig
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzer View Post
    That's old news, and has already been addressed. The people still complaining about it now are for the large part just people who may not have the best reaction time, or may not have the best internet.
    Or because SquareEnix uses suboptimal programming making what should be 150 ms lag, more like 1 second effective lag.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by v_jones View Post
    I know. There seemed to be a sentiment shared with the first few posts that implied the issue was being ignored. I thought it might be helpful to provide that information for those who were not in the know.
    That was the acknowledgement of the issue I was referring to, however nothing has been done to fix it yet. People are still getting hit by AOE's after clearing the attack, whether connected locally or non-locally.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by DJPr3tty View Post
    After doing Titan HM I want to clarify some of the ways things work.

Do NOT cast while moving. This is the big thing. Melee is the same way. If you melee right before you leave the circle, it will register you in the circle prior to the explosion.

So if I true Thrust into HM Titan while the animation is expiring and I did it when i was still in there, I will stil take damage even though I left.

Also, you do have to move really fast. It is a reaction thing, and you need to take great steps, not small ones. Get out the way and you will be fine.
    Yeah you are basically garunteed to get hit if you instant cast while moving over an aoe. I play sch and i would lustrate while moving over aoes but still get hit by them. When i stopped doing that ,there was a noticeable improvement.

Titans landslide is rediculous when it comes to character position and when you actully eat knockback, you can actully run all the way around titan and still get knockbacked.

You can also run into aoes and the knockback near the end of its completion and take no dmg/knockback. Looks bad.

Titan HM is THE fight that shows how clunky,outdated and messy aoes,positioning and mechanics are in this game.
    (30)
    Last edited by sharazisspecial; 09-14-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nala Valsharess
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by sharazisspecial View Post

Titan HM is THE fight that shows how clunky,outdated and messy aoes,positioning and mechanics are in this game.
    What absolute drivel, I can go the entire titan HM fight multiple 10m+ tries without taking a single point of avoidable damage even with 100+ latency from England. It's tuned tightly to the point where if you don't move instantly you'll probably get hit but luckily for you he does all his skills in a predictable order so you have forewarning.

Words like "outdated" and "messy" are just dumb buzzwords that have literally no relevance to how telegraphs work in this game.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Peyko Rhas
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 20
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Nala Valsharess
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Everyone keeps linking that but in my probably 6+ hours of titan I haven't seen anything like that happen once. I even move through titan to get behind him during landslide to continue positionals.
    (1)

Page 3 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast