Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Soccora Sureshot
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

If your FC can't afford to buy a house...

It's okay. To be honest there are many, many ways to acquire gil in game such as :

1. spiritbinding
    2. dungeon runs
    3. tradeskills
    4. selling philo mats
    5. farming tradeskill supplies

Just like end game gear a FC house is something that is a group effort. What would be the point if day 1 everyone could buy a house of the same tier without any effort.

It is obvious by the posts on the boards that there are other FC's in the same situation as yours which is good because it means the property will be around for awhile and eventually lower in price.

- all the above are still valid ways of acquiring (not necessary making) gil as people still need furniture, there will be personal housing in the future, people will be leveling tradeskills to make housing items, and people will still need materia for relics and gear.
    - dungeon runs are great for making gil which equates to about 2-3k per run ever 10-15 mins (WP) which also includes philo tomes which may be sold or used to make gear which can then be sold.
    - people are still looking at this as an individual cost which it is not. The FC housing is supposed to be a team effort.

- you can not be upset at housing costs if your FC chose to gear up and beat Coil as that was the team goal. there are FC's out there that just focused on crafting and saving for housing so of course they will be the first to buy an expensive house but that was their team goal. housing wasn't something they announced at the last minute, so if your FC decided to prioritize Coil over grinding for a house then there is no reason to complain.
    (7)
    Last edited by Shydo123; 12-17-2013 at 03:27 AM. Reason: based on comments.

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Shydo123 View Post
    It's okay. To be honest there are many, many ways to acquire gil in game such as :

1. spiritbinding
    2. dungeon runs
    3. tradeskills
    4. selling philo mats
    5. farming tradeskill supplies
    Guess what stuff no one is going to be buying because most of the population is not going to be spending a dime on anything due to the housing costs being so high. The issue is not that it will take some time to get. The problem is that on the higher cost servers like the Legacy server I am on, you are currently SOL because markets are the only way to get the money needed for housing in any reasonable amount of time.

That money won't be there though as, like I said, people will not want to spend much. Even worse, the groups that are rich enough to afford housing likely have a huge amount of people and will be self-sufficient so the furniture market will be tiny.

The 20k-per-day for doing battle content is great but only viable for new, non-legacy servers. For those of us on more expensive servers having to pay 10x as much it still won't help us out much. As a FC leader it worries me that it could be months till we own even the crappiest house when we were looking forward to building it up as a group.
    (30)
    Last edited by Estellios; 12-17-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lloyd Inhert
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Yep, everyone else is going to be shelling out gil left and right, buying your philo mats, materia and mats because ONLY YOU and YOUR FC will be trying to earn gil for housing. Everyone else will be just practically giving it away instead of saving it. The markets will be more active and lucrative than ever!
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Sayura Ava
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    2. dungeon runs

icant..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    most gil making methods aren't putting more gil in the economy. Most of them are taking the gil already in the enconomy from another player rather than intorducing more gil into the economy.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lafiel Abriel
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    Guess what stuff no one is going to be buying because most of the population is not going to be spending a dime on anything due to the housing costs being so high.
    People still need to do day to day things and not everyone is farming for FC housing which may be surprising to you....

Quote Originally Posted by EdwinLi View Post
    most gil making methods aren't putting more gil in the economy. Most of them are taking the gil already in the enconomy from another player rather than intorducing more gil into the economy.
    This is an extremely common misconception. The current ways to generate gil in the economy is overly sufficient. If you have too many new ways to generate new gil and insufficient gil sinks then you're going to have inflation. Thus, that's why legacy servers have such high housing cost, it's because so many people are holding onto gil and have so much gil in circulation that it's super expensive there. This is also what happens if your country prints money like crazy. Your $$ in bank becomes worthless.

Everything has been designed to be in the perfect proportion, people just don't realise it because all they see are big numbers.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lafiele; 12-17-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    right, Philo mats are like 15k. That puts a significant dent in 325 million.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    J'ordance Nunh
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    FC should be able to earn gil from things FC members does instead of FC member grinding unhappily to fill the FC Chest. Why make FFXIV like WOW without this feature for FC. LOL.

P.S Philo mats are 7-8 k in my server. Market is very bad now.
    (1)
    * Purchasing land or housing using gil obtained from RMT (real money trading) or other illicit means is strictily prohibited. Any land or estate hall deemed to have been purchased through such means is subject to seizure.
    * "Cheating" consists of using third party programs or tools to conduct actions players would not normally be able to do in the game (for example, obtaining gil or items through illicit means, traversing at extremely high speeds, warping, using automated means to operate your character while you are away from the game).

Player
    Character
    Ryios Locke
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    I don't get why so many people even want a house. We can sleep anywhere, it serves to real purpose except some minor buffs we can live without. When we get one, we get one, but I won't be benching my own progression to pay for an FC house, that would be detrimental to everyone.

"Hey guys we got a house finally!!"
    'Sweet, so what can we do'
    "We can furnish it"
    'what good is that'
    "It looks cool"
    'So we spent 100 million on this thing and it's vanity'
    "Well, we can place stuff to give us perks!"
    'Oh, but we don't have those yet?'
    "No"
    'So what good is it to us atm'
    "It's not really, but it's cool"
    'Oh.... wish I had my 2 mil gil back....'
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cullen Dionysion
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    1, 3, 4, and 5 have been on a significant price decline and have no signs of going back up again. In fact, they've made philo tomes even easier to get with the roulette now, so prices are sure to crash because of it.

Tradeskills and tradeskill items play a very delicate balance in the market. Put too much on the market board, price crash. Find a niche no one has tapped recently? Price crash in the market as it gets flooded from 20 others who noticed the same thing. I'm not saying you can't earn money those ways, but you'd have to play your cards right not to destroy the market too early. Maybe 10-20k/day. And Yoshi said the roulettes would give about 20k a day. So why not just do those instead?

And materia can be good, I'll give you that...but with the only way to make a significant amount of money at once, I doubt it will be for long.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast