Player
    Character
    Cloudio Onizuka
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90

A Realm Reborn Library

Thanks to all the adventurers who supported this idea in all this time, also with your own suggestions.

A Lore Section in the forums was announced, so hopefully we'll really get this proper Library in Eorzea. Hearing a comment of Yoshida-san on this would be awesome, but I'm afraid it's not such an important matter for them. However, at least in the dev team now they should know that many of us would like to see this.
    Every time this Topic was brought back in first page I noticed more than a dozen of new Likes added, so probably there're still some adventurers that may be interested in this.
    Unfortutately, I've to go in cryo-sleep in a couple of days and I won't be able to bring this back up anymore (if somebody else will, Great!), but it'll always stay in my signature.

Ohh, I had completely forgotten about the libraries in previous Final Fantasy titles... This may rise the chances the New Eorzea will have one, too!
    Ahh, all those books in the Arrzaneth Ossuary and Milvaneth Sacrarium, whatever history they may hide...! Too bad we couldn't interact with them, or else I would have devoured them.

The (BIG) library with outdoor balcony and a garden remains my preferred vision of a library in Eorzea. Fingers crossed!
    (2)

An Adventurer's Dream of his house by the sea: http://goo.gl/tCsp1z
    -------
    Interested in Lore? Support the Great Library/A library in Ishgard with outdoor balcony. Let's have a true library in Eorzea! => http://goo.gl/Hkp2AQ
    -------
    The 7th Umbral Era – All the Events from my Journey in the old Eorzea => http://goo.gl/pGkhn

Player
    Character
    Ralos Mikorius
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I too would love this idea! Books of lore for us to truly get to know the world in which we play. I hope your idea will be considered =)
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Great idea, Ralos!

I'll pass it along to Yoshi-P personally

Community Rep
    Thanks for all the requests about wanting to experience more of the in-game lore.

For ARR we are looking into a system where you can read texts that have been written about lore from within the game. However, it has not been decided yet what form this will take or how much of it will be put in, so we expect implementation to be a bit off in the future once this is decided.
    (70)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Don Kamikaze
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Bestiary

In order to encourage exploration and fighting different mobs a Bestiary system could be added. This would fill out gradually as you meet certain conditions, for example the system could be done as follows:
    • Mob name and picture is added when you enter the area/region the mob is located in
    • HP/MP values are added once the mob is defeated
    • Abilities/Spell are added when the mob uses it on your party
    • Other stats are filled in after killing the mob X number of times.
    • Loot is added when obtained. Should also include drop rate.
    • When all conditions are met some mob specific lore is added to the bestiary

A variation of the system could be used for Notorious Monsters and have their whole entry added once defeated. The same could be done for quest bosses, however, an interesting option would be to have you fight that boss 5 times therefore encouraging you to help others in that mission.

I think this will reduce player's over reliance on wikis, especially if there is a reward that can be obtained from filling out your bestiary (e.g. Hunter's Guild for example). Additionally, this would eliminate time spent by players trying to calculate mob stats, something which happened in FFXI.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Cloudio Onizuka
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii-chan View Post
    Thanks for all the requests about wanting to experience more of the in-game lore.

For ARR we are looking into a system where you can read texts that have been written about lore from within the game. However, it has not been decided yet what form this will take or how much of it will be put in, so we expect implementation to be a bit off in the future once this is decided.
    Oh my Nald...! A rep finally answered to this Topic, and the Tiger Rep, too! /psych
    I thought you were afraid because sometimes I write posts that some may consider scary, about Subligaria and Miqo'tes, and thus at first glance I may look like an idiot, but actually........................................

...I really am.

...BUT! I'm sincerely interested in the lore of Eorzea and always had this desire to have a proper place dedicated to it in Hydaelyn.

Thank you, Rukkirii-nya, you made a Super present to my Tiger Spirit, considering tomorrow I'll be going in a looong cryo-sleep and wasn't expecting by now a response to this lore thread.
    Since the devs have not decided yet the form of the feature you mentioned, I hope they'll consider to make it available in a real library, so that it could be used for other matters besides reading the already released lore texts.

It would really be a dream coming true if they'll create it.
    (4)

An Adventurer's Dream of his house by the sea: http://goo.gl/tCsp1z
    -------
    Interested in Lore? Support the Great Library/A library in Ishgard with outdoor balcony. Let's have a true library in Eorzea! => http://goo.gl/Hkp2AQ
    -------
    The 7th Umbral Era – All the Events from my Journey in the old Eorzea => http://goo.gl/pGkhn

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    Oh my Nald...! A rep finally answered to this Topic, and the Tiger Rep, too!
    EXCUSE ME, but that is a Coeurl, NOT a tiger! /fume
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ramsey Asterdahl
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Even a simple lore tab akin to FFXII's would be more than welcome. (Featuring things like important people, a bestiary, etc.) That sort of lore tab is even more desirable and appropriate in an MMO where users are spending longer amounts of time with the world, and want to know more about it. If the art and copy exists, put it to use!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Klefth Reinhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Having a lore tab would be neat, but a library... a library! Now that would be awesome! Couple all of that lore with one awesome place, grand architecture, bookshelves everywhere... That'd be absolutely awesome! I could see myself wasting hours on end in such a place. *-*
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Holy Dragoon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    This is fantastic news that we are are least getting something!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zoobie Senjougahara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I like the idea of being able to read lore in-game, but an actual library would really take this onto another level of awesome.
    (3)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast