Thread: Timeworn maps

Player
    Character
    Dark Wind
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Patch notes mention a "short delay" before you can get a new one. Has anyone found a second one yet, or is the lockout going to be a day or more?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by StarMarmot View Post
    Patch notes mention a "short delay" before you can get a new one. Has anyone found a second one yet, or is the lockout going to be a day or more?
    * Upon obtaining a timeworn map, players will be unable to find another for 18 hours (Earth time).
    Link to all the info is in the patch notes:
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...7af43f3c43828a
    (1)

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Krazaria Swiftstrike
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MStowastiqVahlshdeh View Post
    Link to all the info is in the patch notes:
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...7af43f3c43828a
    Yeah but those notes are saying only find maps at these spots, but I have seen maps so far that shouldn't be there according to notes.

Seen 2 toad and 1 boar going for peist andno luck with that one yet.

Edit: Just found a Peiste map outside Moraby
    (0)
    Last edited by Krazarian; 12-18-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketch View Post
    So you can turn down the scrolls till you get the one you want?
    If you are on MIN or BTN, you can just not attempt to gather the map. Fishing, however, is a different story. If you want to aim for a higher level one, make sure to get it on MIN or BTN before you do any fishing. I was fishing a bit today, not thinking of the maps, and fished up a toadskin map. Now I won't be able to go and mine a peisteskin map for 18 hours.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Firetta Thierremont
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordermi View Post
    If you are on MIN or BTN, you can just not attempt to gather the map. Fishing, however, is a different story. If you want to aim for a higher level one, make sure to get it on MIN or BTN before you do any fishing. I was fishing a bit today, not thinking of the maps, and fished up a toadskin map. Now I won't be able to go and mine a peisteskin map for 18 hours.
    Thanks! I wasn't entirely sure you could get them while fishing, so that's really valuable information. I'm sorry you took the penalty, though.
    (0)

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Just did a Piestskin Map with 8 FC members drops included:

5 Mythology
    5 Mega-Potions
    100 Fire Shards
    2 Handfuls of Cobalt Rivets
    A Wildfowl Feather
    A Coeurl Skin
    1,692 Gil
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Diana Crunchetta
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by gamersince1976 View Post
    Well, I thought random at first - but it has all the examples of the different grades like "Reaver Hide and The Tangle only". Except, there's no gathering points for me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazarian View Post
    Yeah but those notes are saying only find maps at these spots, but I have seen maps so far that shouldn't be there according to notes.
    Confusin' at first, but the notes are where Fishers can get the maps, not the rest of the gatherers. Any 40+ node will do it.

It's too bad that it seems like if you get a map from one, you can't get it from the others. It'd be nice to be able to get one for each Disciple of the Hand you had the requirements to get it with.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ginger Snap
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

decifered map, but how do I find where treasure is?

I got a map, decifered it, but when it show the map, it doesn't have any markings that indicate where the treasure may be, just the usual red dots for common map markers. Anyone have an info or a screenshot on what the indicator might look like?? Thanks! I want to get my treasure!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fait Fist
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbyfuture View Post
    I got a map, decifered it, but when it show the map, it doesn't have any markings that indicate where the treasure may be, just the usual red dots for common map markers. Anyone have an info or a screenshot on what the indicator might look like?? Thanks! I want to get my treasure!
    For me it showed a red X on the treasure map, and once I identified the treasure my minimap had a golden treasure chest on it. Best I can suggest for you is to go to your Key Items in your inventory, Right click the map, click USE, and then the treasure map should appear and show you an X where the treasure is located.

I got the Piesteskin off my 3rd botany node in Wineport, did it with 8 members of my FC, and got rewards similar to Ravij (didn't record them)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Please Relax
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    After doing the quest to unlock treasure hunting abilities, I went to Blue Fog. Outside there are lvl 50 mining spots. I got the 8 person map in 30 seconds, it was at the second deposit I mined from. The map shows up like a regular item would when being gathered.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast