Player
    Character
    Adrianna Bellini
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzer View Post
    That's old news, and has already been addressed. The people still complaining about it now are for the large part just people who may not have the best reaction time, or may not have the best internet.
    Their "fix" wasn't even a fix. It was an attempted workaround. The issue is still around, just slightly mitigated.

As far as we could tell, the issue stems from the rate of communication between client and server. The intervals between the servers updating everyone's 'official' location are longer than most people would like. For this reason, people are able to get 2/3/etc meters outside of an AoE on their screen before it hits and yet still receive damage from it. The server hasn't officially updated their position as outside the AoE radius, even though the client sees themselves outside of it.

Easy example to witness this: Try running around with the zerg FATE-farming crowd sometime. Watch the people around you. Notice how basically everyone zooms ahead a few steps, then falls back a few steps. You're all moving at the same speed, yet people are periodically moving faster or slower onscreen because of this delayed rate of server/client updating.

SE's "fix" to this had nothing to do with increasing the rate of communication between server and client. All they did was decrease the "size" of a character to a single dot in the character's center mass. This makes the player a smaller target to hit (and therefor slightly easier to get out of the AoE since they no longer need to worry about a foot or an arm still being in the AoE), but doesn't actually fix the core of the issue.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    "Reality Check" Time - People who keep getting hit out of AoE and LoS just aren't position properly or waiting too long. If you get out "well before" and still get hit, that leaves 2 factors:

1. Get a new PC.
    2. You have packet loss, check your internet connection.

"But my internet is fine"

Sure, call them and ask if there's any reported issues or any routing issues from you to Canada/Japan. While some won't admit it or think it doesn't matter, network and hardware (graphic) lag is a factor in people getting hit after they move. It's impossible for the game to be miscalculating you if others can do it just fine - a bug means no one can avoid AoE or LoS because it's bugged, it would be universal.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kuari Thunderclaw
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by sharazisspecial View Post
    You can also run into aoes and the knockback near the end of its completion and take no dmg/knockback. Looks bad.
    Hit indication is at the end of the cast, not at the end of the animation, thus why this happens Would be nice if the two matched up though. Haven't had a problem myself though. They're very avoidable, just when you're a caster, you have to keep light on your feet. Delaying for even a moment when the cast starts is fatal.
    (1)
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/kuari999 / Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kuari999 / Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kuari999

Player
    Character
    Karl Hurtig
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    "Reality Check" Time - People who keep getting hit out of AoE and LoS just aren't position properly or waiting too long. If you get out "well before" and still get hit, that leaves 2 factors:

1. Get a new PC.

(...)
    Given that the very same people do not have nearly as severe issues with other games abroad, it means that the problem is either with the server hosts that FFXIV uses, or the FFXIV coding itself. That's the logical conclusion.

It is evident that the issue is not affecting everyone with 100+ ms regular ping; but it is severe for several of those. 200 ms ping should not result in 1+ second delay if the game is properly programmed and the servers are working properly.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Baladas Jabarim
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    Everyone keeps linking that but in my probably 6+ hours of titan I haven't seen anything like that happen once. I even move through titan to get behind him during landslide to continue positionals.
    So, wait -- video evidence that clearly demonstrates the problem doesn't count, because it hasn't happened to you personally?

Seriously? What do you need, a notarized statement from the devs?

I have had that happen to me, and I have witnessed several instances in which there is a 1-2s delay between Titan's cast ending and someone suddenly going flying. In the end, like another poster said, I got around this the vast majority of the time by continuing to run until after the animation for the attack ended -- but even that wasn't perfect.

And I have only done the SM Titan. I can only imagine how much worse it would be in the HM Titan.
    (49)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Agree this is the biggest game breaker IMO, its beyond frustrating and takes me back to 1.0 with Ifrit and Coincounter all over again.

I wonder if the NA/EU servers are actually in Japan with the datacentre acting as direct connection between the two.

If this is the case we need proper servers both in NA and EU.

The issue is a lot worse for EU players but it also effects NA players as well, very bad game design.
    If you aren't going to fix this latency issue then you need to make content that circumvents it instead.
    (20)
    Last edited by Jinko; 09-14-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbi View Post
    Their "fix" wasn't even a fix. It was an attempted workaround. The issue is still around, just slightly mitigated.

As far as we could tell, the issue stems from the rate of communication between client and server. The intervals between the servers updating everyone's 'official' location are longer than most people would like. For this reason, people are able to get 2/3/etc meters outside of an AoE on their screen before it hits and yet still receive damage from it. The server hasn't officially updated their position as outside the AoE radius, even though the client sees themselves outside of it.

Easy example to witness this: Try running around with the zerg FATE-farming crowd sometime. Watch the people around you. Notice how basically everyone zooms ahead a few steps, then falls back a few steps. You're all moving at the same speed, yet people are periodically moving faster or slower onscreen because of this delayed rate of server/client updating.

SE's "fix" to this had nothing to do with increasing the rate of communication between server and client. All they did was decrease the "size" of a character to a single dot in the character's center mass. This makes the player a smaller target to hit (and therefor slightly easier to get out of the AoE since they no longer need to worry about a foot or an arm still being in the AoE), but doesn't actually fix the core of the issue.
    Precisely. Yoshida even told us that position updates are every .3 seconds. If you do a little conversion, that is 300ms of extra lag in your positioning. put in your ping plus that and it = too much positioning lag. They need to decrease the position update interval.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Sammy Twinskins
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post

1. Get a new PC.

Sure, call them and ask if there's any reported issues or any routing issues from you to Canada/Japan. While some won't admit it or think it doesn't matter, network and hardware (graphic) lag is a factor in people getting hit after they move. It's impossible for the game to be miscalculating you if others can do it just fine - a bug means no one can avoid AoE or LoS because it's bugged, it would be universal.
    1 this game can run on a toaster box. I also have these issues I have 2 7950s and 32gb of ram, game on ssds. Not a PC issue.

2 Claiming packetloss? How so? Do you have a reverse MTR or a traceroute that shows packetloss? Are you trying to ping the server and seeing packetloss? Hmm could the servers be behind a firewall blocking ICMP? Random assumptions..

Im a network engineer. Ive worked through all the lines to the damn router of their datacenter. From where I am to where they are between 90ms to 150ms. And thats actually pretty good. because why? Its a shared bandwidth segment link. And you cannot travel faster than the speed of light.

Are people taking different hops than me to get to their datacenter? Absolutely but claiming packetloss immediately is wrong.

Just because your latency spikes up does not mean packet loss. There could have been a route change to layer 3 infrastructure along the path somewhere. Because well... its not just 1 cable that runs across a country.

The problem is the instance. Period. And not so great coding.
    (63)
    Last edited by BlackPriest; 09-14-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rath Skybreaker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 88
    Although the plumes have an obvious delay time, though if you move the second the pop you can escape, it doesn't matter because the entire fight is scripted. You can start moving before plumes pop to avoid getting hit, if you are caught flat footed your chance of getting out of them are cut in half and it only gets 10 times worse after the heart phase.

I'll just leave the rotation of the first phase of titan here, you can figure it out after the heart.

Phase 1 before heart --
    he will only landslide and stomp, no plumes

Phase 2 before heart --

after he lands from his jump he will plume, then follow with a landslide.

His rotation after the jump is

plume -- landslide -- stomp -- plume -- land slide - stomp - plume ---> repeat forever until he jumps again.

phase 3 - before the heart

opens with landslide after jump -- plumes -- rock bombs circle formation, will landslide, here it gets a little unorthodox as it depends on how fast you push him. but regardless, he will always plume after a landslide so that's all you really need to look out for.

Heart --

Dps heart , kill first rock, kill heart, get second person out of rock after heart dies, recover.

It's not hard at all, it's all about timing and getting your positioning right.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ryujin Ketu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Are you NA playing on a JP server? (I'm too lazy too look up Ultros )

Also if you are on an NA server, I have had same issue with other bosses and have been told that even though you are out of the ring or ability before the color disappears you can still be hit because it goes off of the ability countdown bar above the enemy's name. Unfortunately the ability cone or ring and the ability timer are not in sync, which throws a lot of people off.

Hope this helps, and if you are still faster than everything above and 100% are sure of it, then I suppose it is a game bug.

*edit* For the circular plumes, even though there isn't an ability cast bar (I don't think at least), I'd imagine there is a hidden one that works off the same mechanic. Not 100% sure though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryujin_Ketu; 09-14-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast