Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    The only people against this are the ones not affected, which is a simple form of selfishness.
    Not really, you seem to be the one with entitlement problems here. I've suffered through many US based MMO's having maintenance on weeknights when I wanted to play. The thought of not playing while they fix problems with the game doesn't bother me in the slightest. For you personally, if it bothers you that much, come back in a couple of months and I'd almost guarantee that maintenance will be less frequent.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sunarie Rymshek
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Just wanted to pop in and say that I understand why you're quitting and respect it. Paying to play a game you literally can't due to constant maintenances when you actually have time to play isn't really worth it, even if you love the game. Maybe we'll see you back in a few months when things have evened out and the maintenances aren't so frequent.

I'd be for rotating the maintenace schedule so the same people (few or not) aren't being the only ones hit by it. Shame this thread really does exemplify the nasty attitude MMO communities in general possess now.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Silver Healer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Lets be honest if they weren't penny pinching they would have back up servers which they could use to keep running the game while they updated crap . then switch to the updated server which would require you to log out and back in.

Basic crap but it would require some money spent and a bit of programing skill .

Unfortunately they would rather risk people quiting and actually lose money . Now the amount of people quiting would probably be less than the cost of a backup server and also the downtime serves as a time sink so you play less and pay longer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Incred Ible
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Its a lot more then 1 less QQ. Take a look at the hours played on sites like xfire. It only accounts for those using xfire, but with past games it has shown to be pretty accurate for estimating overall numbers. People are playing FF14 10-20% less hours every week. It is going down fast. People aren't going to wait 4-5 more months for more post coil content. CT will only serve to be a new higher item level CM/Prae. The excitement for it wont last as long as people are hoping.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Just wanted to pop in and say that I understand why you're quitting and respect it
    I understand why he's quitting, I just find it hard to take him seriously when he's called people who disagree with him "selfish".
    (4)

6. 11-20-2013 02:20 PM
    Reason
    Repeated message

Player
    Character
    Rishtar Salomon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Actually it's quite normal, SWTOR was down at least one day a week, every week after release. Also sometimes not on scheduled maintenance days. It was annoying, I remember it well. Did it make me want to quit, not at all, i'm sensible enough to realise that they need to maintain their product and that maintenance would become less frequent.

WoW had (I don't know if it still does) weekly maintenance, every Wednesday night! Seriously, most Oceanic players lost a day of WoW every week!

The difference with XIV is that they don't do it weekly on a fixed schedule, they do provide adequate notice though. As the product gets more mature the maintenance periods will get less and less. Leaving now due to maintenance is... really throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
    Do you even read and comprehend your own posts?

SWTOR did not have 4 hour maintenance's every 2-3 days, they did one weekly maintenance and that was pretty much right after they went live. I was there from early access through many many months. WoW does one weekly maintenance, and that's it.

FFXIV does 2-4 maintenance's a week.

See the difference? See how that is not normal?
    (2)
    Last edited by whilke; 11-20-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rishtar Salomon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsper59 View Post
    If people leave because of maintenance times/frequency, then they were pretty fickle to begin with.
    I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they are fickle. Maybe you assume the people complaining about this are able to play 15 hours a day, and are just whining that they are sometimes losing 4 of those hours. On the other hand, it could be people who only have a couple of hours to play a couple of times a week. When those couple of times a week get squashed because of the constant game downtime, that person is basically not able to play the game at all. Where is the fickle there? Just sounds like a frustrated customer who wants to play the game he's paying for.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    SWTOR did not have 4 hour maintenance's every 2-3 days
    No it had an 8-12 hour maintenance EVERY week, without fail, sometimes more. At least before I got bored and quit about 2 months in. I lost a HUGE amount of playtime because of it, but it wasn't the reason I left, the game was a hollow shell.

My main point was this (which you've ignored): when XIV matures a bit more, we'll be having way less maintenance. When I first heard of WoW's weekly down day I used to play XI, and I was horrified that they'd take the game down for a full day once a week. This was from a perspective of almost never having maintenance in XI.

So please, look forward to less maintenance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I understand why he's quitting, I just find it hard to take him seriously when he's called people who disagree with him "selfish".
    Or White Knight, don't forget that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rishtar Salomon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    No it had an 8-12 hour maintenance EVERY week, without fail, sometimes more. At least before I got bored and quit about 2 months in. I lost a HUGE amount of playtime because of it, but it wasn't the reason I left, the game was a hollow shell.

My main point was this (which you've ignored): when XIV matures a bit more, we'll be having way less maintenance. When I first heard of WoW's weekly down day I used to play XI, and I was horrified that they'd take the game down for a full day once a week. This was from a perspective of almost never having maintenance in XI.

So please, look forward to less maintenance.
    You are still missing the problem. Both of your examples are of games that have just one weekly maintenance. ONE....weekly....maintenance. Same time, and time frame every week. People know when it is, and people schedule around it if they care.

FFXIV has maintenance, well it's a safe bet to assume there will be maintenance tomorrow. Whatever day it is, just assume there is maintenance tomorrow. Do you now see the problem? Do you see the difference?

Do you really think there is going to be a slow down in maintenance? Most of these maintenance's don't even appear to be solving any real issues. Seems like they are just trying to limp along their system with forced reboots, and cleanup every couple of days. Maybe it'll get better once more people leave, I dunno.

Also, do you really think it's going to slow down after 2.1 comes out? Do you really think there won't be more of the same because of extreme primal's, or CT? What about 2.2 when new coil turns hit?
    (1)

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast