Player
    Character
    Jesse Sandor
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47

Will You Follow The Naming Conventions For Your Race In FFXIV ARR?

So obviously lore is an important part of the game for a lot of us as it deepens our immersion in the world of Eorzea. Gildrien has already posted the naming conventions of each race according to the lore of the realm. However, I am sure there will be no shortage of players who would probably ignore the lore and name themselves whatever they want so I ask you... When you create a character, do you intend to follow the naming conventions or ignore them entirely?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyger Maimhov
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    As I said the last time this topic came up; I probably won't be changing Tyger's name to fit the Seeker convention (or changing her to a Keeper even though her name dies fit for them), but any additional characters I create will follow the conventions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Sandor
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by finiteHP View Post
    As I said the last time this topic came up; I probably won't be changing Tyger's name to fit the Seeker convention (or changing her to a Keeper even though her name dies fit for them), but any additional characters I create will follow the conventions.
    This topic came up before? Crud, I apologize for being repetitive. May I have a link to it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseleewelch View Post
    This topic came up before? Crud, I apologize for being repetitive. May I have a link to it?
    It's cool. Chances are people have had some time to dwell on the subject, so you might get different answers this time (even though mine hasn't).

Thal Icebound is the amusing alias for a male seeker of the sun who discovered that being homosexual was somewhat depressing inside a matriarchal culture devoid of many boyfriend options. So he jumps ship and heads to town.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zemus Asara
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I would like to since my current character's name, Raiku Sama is pretty silly, but the Male Dunesfolk convention is very inconvenient for finding a name that does not sound silly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyger Maimhov
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    As Catapult said, don't sweat it. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was chiding you for creating the thread. I just meant that despite a lot of considering on my part, I'm too attached to Tyger as she is, name included, to change. Back when I originally created her I thought she did fit the conventions not realising that she only fits for the wrong clan lol.

The other topic is over on page 4 her on the lore forum. Link: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...al-Conventions
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I made my own lore and my char would be free from clans names that and i don't really know what to pick to make sense with my race.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    "Xeia Kirata" does mostly fit with Keeper conventions already, which is fortunate since I don't think I'd be able to change it. She does have a back story, though, and didn't spend more than a couple years actually living in a tribe before her father left and took her with him, so I've decided for the sake of immersion that she was born Xheia, not Xeia, and that the tricky "h" got dropped after spending so much time surrounded by people who couldn't pronounce it anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I plan to keep my name since I pretty much dragged him from Vana'diel with my lore...
    (0)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3