Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mocha Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    The 1000 character limit and 10/15 minute cooldown between posts is completely unacceptable. Once a monthly subscription is required to post, I can't see any valid reason to retain these limitations.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Arkis Edea
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I think something they may have to reconsider is the 1000 character limit for non-Japanese forums. 1000 characters in Japanese with kanji allows you to say alot more than in 1000 letters in English, French or German.

In terms of the posting and thread creation I'm conflicted, it may be necessary to prevent rampant posting with out thinking or searching but it limiting productive conversations and prevents the ability to follow up effectively.
    (8)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    *sigh*
    I have two issues with the restrictions. 1) they are really, really harsh. 2) they are disproportionately harsh on new players(customers), basically Legacy players are the only ones that will be able to use the forum fully for the short/mid-term future because of the main character level restrictions. I understand that the beta forums were horrible, but paying customers are paying customers, treating one group differently doesn't seem quite right. Looser restrictions on new players would help, but still...
    (15)
    Last edited by Kosmos992k; 08-23-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ery Sakasegawa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I personally never heard of something like this in any game community based forum. I think it's rather ridiculous, especially coming from a respectable corporation like Square-Enix. Please remove any limitations to have the community prosper, it's just silly.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Count my vote for removing the 1,000 character limit per post and 15 minute increments between posts restrictions.

I would say, though, that I can see where SE is coming from: They (and we) are all optimistic that Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 will be a huge success (as in Hundreds of Percent Increases in the number of 1.0 regular players we had). During the launch period, I can see the possibility of:

* Countless Threads on the Same Topic by Newbies. For example, "Stuck on Level 15 Quest - Help!" "L15 Quest - Where to go???" etc. etc. Seeing 100 Threads on the same topic could be overwhelming to everyone.
    * Haters / Spammers: Perhaps we'll get inundated with Griefers from WOW or Guild Wars 2, who come in here to hate on Final Fantasy XIV for the first few weeks (spreading negativity in countless threads to try and make newbies think the game sucks, etc.).
    * And it forces newbies to get into the habit of "Searching" for a Thread (or looking at the first few pages at least, and replying to a pre-existing thread instead of starting a new one).

BUT, in general (and I hope after the launch period), I sincerely hope Square relaxes these restrictions for all the loyal customers who stick around. If they lift the restrictions earlier and can manage the above issues with more aggressive Community Rep Moderation (closing / locking threads faster, merging threads), then even better.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Evai Pehsh
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 39
    New thread cannot be created due to either you have reached to your daily limit or your main character's level is not high enough.
    The trouble is many of us will be in this situation, and that's particulary shame when you have an important thread to open, a thread relaying an important decision for a community took in commun in an other forum: http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/eu-rol...er.2267/page-3.

So we're stuck I guess.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Raih'a Moshantu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This is the only company i have even heard of who creates community forums that deliberately inhibit forming a community within them. It's the kind of move i might expect from total rookies, with this is friggin Square-Enix for crying out loud!

I mean cripes, Square-Enix is openly stating that people who have low level characters are worth less to them! How did these restrictions get past a single management meeting? Is this kind of disrespect standard procedure on Japanese forums?

Do they want us to use a third party forum to build the game's community?
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Sirico Sirus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I am a Legacy character and I have multiple 50s, been around since first beta and blah blah you get the idea. Due to their system it doesnt show my level 50 and prevents me from posting in the forums of a game I have supported for 3 years and supported when the majority of its players/fans left it. I want to make an FC recruitment post, which I am really working hard to get off the ground etc and even though other people are able to do this I am left frustrated at just how powerless I am.

I am absolutely disgusted by the way I am being treated, Square have basically said that my posts are not worth their time, but my money is!

(side not if anyone wants to make me post for me I would be ever so grateful)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaichiro View Post
    I can do that for you, Edit your post with a title for the tread and your FC name or w/e
    Thanks man you're a legend. Ill check my legacy guys server come launch and see if i can repay your kindness.
    Post is

"Chocobo Knights Free Company ODIN SERVER inviting all adventurers"
    Here at Chocobo Knights we are dedicated to enjoying the game with the people who choose to play with and that is why any and all play styles are accepted.

As the game progresses we will evolve with it. As more content comes out in the forms of FATES, dungeons and raids, we will conquer it. We will be giving all our members the opportunity to take place in everything we do.

Setting up times and dates to do this is acceptable but not necessary as I am hoping to be in a position where we can go any time we the players decide.

Only want to gather/craft? That's great, here at Chocobo Knights no doubt we will have plenty of gatherers and crafters, maybe you can arrange some form of trade/deal with them to benefit you both.

The first mile stone as a Free Company is to acquire our Guild Home. In order to do this, when the game is out and we are able to see how much they are and how to get them we can devise a plan with the end result being us obtaining one.

As we march on so will are goals, ride safe Choco Knights!

http://chocoknights.enjin.com/home"

again thanks a million
    (9)
    Last edited by Siricosirus; 08-23-2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Edit for Kaichiro - the legend

Player
    Character
    Kuyo Pandemonium
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I agree that the restrictions are far too, well, restricting. Putting limits on very low level people is fine, there are plenty of forums out there where you have to get your first 5 posts approved by a moderator before you can actually post freely, so having to be slightly restricted until you have proven yourself to not just be here to spam and bitch about silly things.

However, once you have shown to be a dedicated player, who is here to contribute to the community, then you should have no restrictions at all. The only thing restrictions this harsh will do, is force people to other forums where they can debate, discuss, share stories etc. Forums are known as "discussion boards" because that's what they are. As soon as you try and limit people's right to discussion, then these forums have no purpose.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sirico Sirus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    In honesty whats preventing people from making all these new post they want in the feedback and help forums and wasting the forum admin time as they delete lock or move all the threads?
    (4)

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast