Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hoshikogi Douatama
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Last week, ~70% of all CT drops were monk gear. This week I'm noticing a lot of healer gear. I wonder if the loot table formula's are based on time (minute/hour/day/year) based factors and it gravely shifts every 5-7 days. I read of this form of random generation in a programing textbook and cannot help but wonder...
    (0)

Character
    Tegan Laron
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It seems more random than Coil to me, which is fine.

I'll take randomly bad luck over Dragoon gear dropping every single week, ever, any day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azran Hayat
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    RNG is RNG. You can say you've seen alot of certain pieces, and others here can come and tell you they've never seen those pieces or only rarely.
    Sure, but there are still 4:1 drops for DD to tank or healer. 4 DD sets, 1 tank set!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Sure, but there are still 4:1 drops for DD to tank or healer. 4 DD sets, 1 tank set!
    Better than 9 sets like some people want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rethi Pep
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    CT drops are pretty terrible. Took me 3 weeks just to get Drg gloves and I ran 10+ times each week trying. A lot of the runs are the same drops over and over and over again, with a very few occasionally offering something different. Can cry RNG all you want but it's some of the worst RNG ever, given SE's track record of terrible game coding though it wouldn't surprise me if their algorithm was written by a semi-retarded 10 year old.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shila Lail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I don't line the RNG in CT. At least it doesn't work in my favor I did around 30 runs of CT last week and didn't get the items I needed/wanted. It's like coil for me all I see is drg stuff :>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aegis Elisus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    random number generator generating numbers randomly again.

Yes it will be pseudo random but that just means you can predict the next result if you know the starting conditions. It doesn't make the actual drops any less random in effect. You're just seeing clusters which is entirely expected in any random distribution.

Sorry if you don't want to hear that, but it's true.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tenshi Arakawa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshikogi View Post
    Last week, ~70% of all CT drops were monk gear. This week I'm noticing a lot of healer gear. I wonder if the loot table formula's are based on time (minute/hour/day/year) based factors and it gravely shifts every 5-7 days. I read of this form of random generation in a programing textbook and cannot help but wonder...
    I have the same feeling sometimes on Hyperion : 2 week ago, DRG everywhere; last week MNK and now it's healer time. But, each week, I saw drop for each job, so the RNG in CT seems nice to me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shinhye Heartstrings
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MikoteAstra View Post
    This week i had 11+ runs with 0 drops for my Monk, 0 absolute 0 drops for my class ! How is that even possible, and dont come to me with RNG, this is something made by humans so fully random is it not !

And to top it i was in 6 runs in such a sitoation like the photo ! I wish you luck if something drops for you and you can get it! We are 3 Monks, well i supose could be worse, we could be 4 Monks !!

LOL, What was your formation on Atomos ???
    (0)

Player
    Character
    N'hara Tia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberel View Post
    Everyone said the same thing about Coil drops until SE actually admitted there really was an issue. If you haven't noticed DRG drops have a reputation for being the most common in CT, exactly as they were in Coil before the fix. Wouldn't be surprised if SE reintroduced the exact same issue in CT.
    For me and many others on my server, Bard and Monk drops are the most common CT drops.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast