Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    I swear to god
    This is the FIRST MMO I ever hear about having issues with "Too many tanks"
    We also had a short phase with "Too many healers"

I love this game
    No wow has the same problem with raiding.
    You need way less tanks then you need healers and dps compared to a normal group composition. Which then translates to tanks having a harder time finding a raid spot and in return less tanks for those 5m.

For example if everyone that kills titan wants to do coil afterwards you either have half the groups left with only 1 tank or half the groups have to go kill titan again with another tank.
    Its simply a mathematical stupid mistake from SE to not make titan a 2 tank fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleksandr Deicide
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I would go so far as to say... make Mountain Buster hit harder, a LOT harder, to the point where it would oneshot a single tank... now make it split damage on up to 2 targets. Then knock about... maybe 15% off of Titan's HP...
    And we're done! Titan is now a 2 tank, 2 healer, 4 dps fight, where the 2nd tank acts as a dps for the first half + heart burn, and serves as a sponge for half the damage of Mountain Buster in the second half.

Only thing that would need to be adjusted is to put a flag on anyone hit by Mountain Buster so that person cannot be targeted for Weight of the Land OR for Landslide. This will prevent issues of having someone near the tank causing Weights and Landslides to come flying in their direction.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kenji1134; 09-25-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kiaris Moonskar
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    There is just to many tanks in the game to be honest to match up to the content that needs them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kerin Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiaris View Post
    There is just to many tanks in the game to be honest to match up to the content that needs them.
    DPS being screwed-over by jerk tanks and going back into long queues would like a word with you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiaris Moonskar
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    DPS being screwed-over by jerk tanks and going back into long queues would like a word with you.
    I don't pug so i wouldn't know of this duty finder issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Size Queen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    This is a challenge I believe. The only way is to form your own party, but even then you'll usually have to compete for party members with 2 or 3 other tanks who are doing the same thing. A FC that will repeat the fight for all their tank members is probably the best conceivable model. If you have access to that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faction Mal'ganis
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Illya View Post
    I tried this tonight with a party of FC mates. I threw together a bunch of AK chain gear which I had laying around from too many AK runs, but I didn't have any DPS accessories. I was parsing 100-105 DPS while the well-geared SMN in the party parsed in the 170's. Running 1 tank, 3 healers, 4 DPS (including me), our party did not have enough DPS to pass the heart phase even with LB2.

I could grind CM speedruns and deck myself out with all DPS accessories and maybe a few pieces of DL chain but the thought of doing a dozen or more CM speedruns just to have the DPS to pass this one fight after which I'll probably never DPS again with WAR makes my soul hurt.
    100dps should be fine if you're using berserk on the heart. There's no reason to use 3 healers with a gladiator tank, and if your DPS are doing 170dps, the heart should be dying every time.

I've killed Titan twice while dpsing, the first time I did about 100dps, the second time 130dps, neither time did we have any trouble killing the heart. The 3 healer group comp is for Warrior tank, and even then it's still possible with 2 healers if you have a Warrior. Have one of your FC's SCH go SMN for this fight if you need to. It doesn't take much dps to kill the heart consistently if you have 5 dps, so the smn doesn't need to do much damage.

First kill a few weeks back when we had crappy gear was something like this:

Bard/Monk/BLM ~150dps
    Monk ~120dps
    Me ~100dps

And we had no problems with the heart (Using LB1 on it)
    (0)
    Last edited by Faction; 09-26-2013 at 06:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Illyasviel Einzbern
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBruce View Post
    You should be parsing higher than that easily, at least 130-140. Also grab an extra DPS and nix the third healer, you don't need a third healer for Titan. 2 Healers is plenty for keeping the tank alive and the only move the DPS should be hit by is Tumult. DL Chain gear can't be equipped by Warrior/Paladin anymore its Dragoon exclusive now, but the Heavy DL set has 2 more STR and more Crit than the DRG set anyway. DL accessories are also dirt cheap and easy to obtain while functioning on multiple jobs, so that could easily bump your DPS by a bit. And if you don't already have it, I highly suggest getting Garuda Axe.
    I have Garuda's Scream. Should I be equipping Heavy DL Legs+Feet, AF+1 Chest, and any helmet rather than AK Chain? And do you have a suggestion for DPS rotation on WAR, since I've never DPSed on WAR before?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jormungandr Vanagandr
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaya View Post
    Make your own party.

Or, you can be a badass and make a 5-Tanks, 1 DPS, 2 Healers party like my server. They actually got past the heart phase.
    I'm on your server and I was in that group. We had a blast while we were doing it because we didn't expect it to go so well. The problem is convincing other people to do the same because it isn't you know...THE OMGAWESOMEDOCUMENTEDSTRATEGY that is the only one that works. Ever.

Funnily enough, every single time the attempts failed it was because the DPS screwed up.

We came back again with 4 tanks and 2 melee DPS and never once did we get past the heart. I think that says a lot about that fight, the required DPS and the average quality of players.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Curly Brace
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Illya View Post
    I have Garuda's Scream. Should I be equipping Heavy DL Legs+Feet, AF+1 Chest, and any helmet rather than AK Chain? And do you have a suggestion for DPS rotation on WAR, since I've never DPSed on WAR before?
    If you have AF+1 Chest then yes, that plus AK head gives a bigger bonus than Heavy DL body. DPS rotation for WAR is pretty simple. At the start of the fight pop Internal Release and Berserk and start off with Storm's Eye combo. Then switch to Butcher's Block combo and Fracture. Rinse repeat. When Pacification from Berserk is active you can toss out a Brutal Swing for a bit of extra DPS since its an ability not a WS and every little bit helps. If you Internal Release + Berserk at the start of fight, it will be up before Heart Phase so you should save it until then. During Heart save IR/Zerk until the first person gets rocked, if you use it from the get go and you are the one who gets rocked you'll have wasted almost all of your Berserk time and will be stuck with Pacification once you get out. If someone else gets rocked pop your cooldowns and start with Butcher's Block combo. It should take 1 Butcher combo + up to Maim to break the rock, then hit Titan with Storm's Eye to maximize Storm's Eye + Zerk uptime.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast