Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    India Paleale
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Not trying to be combative. I have zero problem with requesting features and improvements ... just that I talk to players who think the game does too much work for you already (e.g. Journal > Map). There's a fine line between making the game easier to play and making it so you're just watching a video that you occasionally make decisions about, I guess. I want it to take some talent/practice to effectively BLM.

I do see merit in your suggestion, I won't deny that, but I think it would be good as a training wheels type thing that--at a certain point/level--gets taken away or can be optionally disabled.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohenheim View Post
    That's very true I didn't really keep that in mind but certain spells would really benefit from this like Benediction, Benediction if used properly if one of those spells that can really help turn a fight from o crap wipe to wow good save and there needs to be something more to assist in visual aid then what is currently is there especially because its in a very long cool down timer.
    If you played FF 12 which this UI team is from instant cast spells is np, the Aoe circle should show up as soon as you scroll over the spell if you have something targeted. Also they made Benediction AoE so huge now it really hard not to miss anyone.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Weapon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Didn't they say that they wanted to make the game more open to user made add-ons?

I'm sure we'll see this somewhere along the lines even if SE isn't the one making it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alec Temet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalWeapon View Post
    Didn't they say that they wanted to make the game more open to user made add-ons?

I'm sure we'll see this somewhere along the lines even if SE isn't the one making it.
    This may or may not be true. Even with a robust add-on API, they may only give us access to the UI layer i.e. no 3D rendering. Still technically possible in that case (as long as we're given relative position information for the targeted enemy, or absolute position information for the player and target), but harder; and impossible to make it look as spiffy. There are too many questions abut the add-on API to know for sure.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AzuraSin View Post
    I guess. I want it to take some talent/practice to effectively BLM.
    This has nothing to do with op.

This part right here, This is exactly what I want for this game but the thing is our battle system doesn't allow for the kind of progression and talent use that some people has. This game really needs to allow personal set up combos a "skill tree" of sort but for combos, I wish I could just give you my exp of Rift and my log on info so you could try some of the rotations that this game has it really requires exact precision and concentration other wise your not worthy of calling your self a mage "Not saying your not I mean that towards rift mages lol". This game "FFXIV" does have good systems in place but I just want them to be amazing not just good. Being able to hit 5.3k on certain bosses in rift means your one of the best mages in the game I want that to be possible on FFXIV something that is truly tough and requires concentration while requiring you to be aware of your surroundings. But without some kind of option for what combos go where this has no merit on ffxiv lol, sad QQ.
    (0)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I don't know if a add on could do something like this, I feel like it would require to much access to game files.
    (0)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    If you played FF 12 which this UI team is from instant cast spells is np, the Aoe circle should show up as soon as you scroll over the spell if you have something targeted. Also they made Benediction AoE so huge now it really hard not to miss anyone.
    And ooo That could work.!!
    (0)

OMG THE CUTENESS

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Yes please ! Great when casting an aoe spell just right to hit what you meant lol

"Did you just aggro the whole room?"

"I.. he was.. it looked far enough away..."
    (1)

Player
    Character
    India Paleale
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Aww you QQ'd me. Call the disagreement police because we have a super serious disagreement here.

This has nothing to do with op.
    Now you've lost me. It has everything to do with OP, as your suggestion is to make the game easier to perform AoE abilities due to a better idea of how far they reach. In the case where you haven't experimented with the ability yourself or paid attention when using it to know how far, you want the game to pick up the slack and tell you. That's training wheels.

This part right here, This is exactly what I want for this game but the thing is our battle system doesn't allow for the kind of progression and talent use that some people has. This game really needs to allow personal set up combos a "skill tree" of sort but for combos, I wish I could just give you my exp of Rift and my log on info so you could try some of the rotations that this game has it really requires exact precision and concentration other wise your not worthy of calling your self a mage "Not saying your not I mean that towards rift mages lol". This game "FFXIV" does have good systems in place but I just want them to be amazing not just good. Being able to hit 5.3k on certain bosses in rift means your one of the best mages in the game I want that to be possible on FFXIV something that is truly tough and requires concentration while requiring you to be aware of your surroundings. But without some kind of option for what combos go where this has no merit on ffxiv lol, sad QQ.
    I'm sorry but now I'm just having trouble understanding you. I have no idea what Rift is so your reference is lost on me, but I think you've gone way off OP talking about skill trees. What do combos and skill trees have to do with XIV AoE?

Chill out and allow someone to hold a different opinion than you, okay?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jullias Ondore
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AzuraSin View Post
    Aww you QQ'd me. Call the disagreement police because we have a super serious disagreement here.

Now you've lost me. It has everything to do with OP, as your suggestion is to make the game easier to perform AoE abilities due to a better idea of how far they reach. In the case where you haven't experimented with the ability yourself or paid attention when using it to know how far, you want the game to pick up the slack and tell you. That's training wheels.

I'm sorry but now I'm just having trouble understanding you. I have no idea what Rift is so your reference is lost on me, but I think you've gone way off OP talking about skill trees. What do combos and skill trees have to do with XIV AoE?

Chill out and allow someone to hold a different opinion than you, okay?
    Sorry had to rewrite my original post to make sure it made more sense. But I'm sorry I didn't mean to say your post that you were writing was completely off topic to the thread post, I meant to say that I was about to go off topic and talk about my opinion on that matter which I highlighted. again I'm sorry >< English isn't my first language so sometimes I phrase things incorrectly.
    (1)
    Last edited by Hohenheim; 10-30-2012 at 02:07 AM.

OMG THE CUTENESS

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast