Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Sugestion for PLD job

[IMG][/IMG]

I know its not the best drawing , just a concept I had been brewing over. The gear would be entitled "Cruisader's" Each peice would add an ability to PLD.

Head: "Divine Right" , gives regen effect for 20 seconds, 100hp per tick , one tick every 2 seconds, 40 second cool down. 200 def, 50 vit, 50 mind, 20 magic resistance.

Body: "Holy Guard", Increases amount of damage blocked by a succesfull block (increasing "block" by 100) for 20 seconds, 40 second cool down. 400 Def, 50 vit, 30 mind 10 magic resistance, 10 healing magic potiency

Pants: "Stead Fast" , A stance that increases Physical and Magical damage mitigated from frontal attacks by 20%, all other attacks increase in damage by 30%. Stance has a 10 second cool down and dose not ware untill the ability is selected again. 100 def 50 vit 30 mind, 10 healing magic potiency, 10 enmity

Hands: "God's Touch" A 1000 TP ability that thrusts the sward arm across the front of the target causing a deep gauge that causes damage, enmity, and hp bleed effect for 30 seconds. 200 Def, 40vit, 40 block rate, 40 accuracy, 10attack, 10 enmity

Feet: "Stomp" A 500 tp ability that causes enmity and fear within the target , slowing its actions "gravity effect". 200 def, 40 vit, 30 enmity, 20 block, 20 block rate.

Waist: "God's Grace" makes every cure casted on self an area of effect cure, casting cure on everyone in party within a 40 yalm range. Def 100, vit 20, enmity 40, block 10

Shield: "Shield Slash", causes slashing damage and enmity by swiping the sharp outside edge of the shield in front of the target. combos with "Gods Touch" 250 Block, 250 block rate, def 50, magic resist 100 , increases enmity from shield bash.

Sward: "God's Wrath" Combos with "Shield Slash" <<< "Gods Touch" , Action udilizes the sward, arm blade, and shield as offensive tools in a semi circular motion sweeping back and forth causing masive damage and enmity, 40 second cool down 40 vit, 40 accuaracy 30 enmity.

Although I havent drawn em up yet I do have an idea of what the Shield , Sward and Helm will look like. I understand that the stats and abilities are kinda op, but it was intended as a lvl 55~ish gear set up. Soo not to make current sets obsolete. Drawing is not that great, im not the best artist but i enjoy the day dream , alas, things we wish we could do.. anyways feel free to coment , thank you.
    (0)

Player

maybe I shoulda posted this thread in the Jobs > PLD section.. owell , too late now i suppose
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Not going to comment on the drawing as I can't draw to save my life. in all I'm not sure how I feel about abilities from gear sort of thing.

for example if your waist piece would be considered essential for a paladin it would pretty much make any paladin without it considered lollable. maybe not the best example. but to use existing gear and stuff as an example could you imagine if paladin only had aegis boon if he equipped a specific shield. all other shields would be essentially useless and the community would say you cant be a paladin without that one shield.

in some respect it's kind of already present with the paladins af body. if you're the kind of paladin that aims to be as self sufficient as possible then the af body is almost a must for your mp pool. not such an issue if you rely on whms to keep you standing. but i've noticed paladins tend to fall into two styles of play the ones that run out of mp easily. and the ones that hardly cast a spell.

so in general i think requiring gear to access abilities is a bad idea in the way you've exampled.

to be constructive though one could consider a slightly different approach. ala spirit bond. in that once you fill a guage the ability could be learned regardless of what gear you wear.
    (1)

Player

hmm, I completly agree to the fact that specifying actions to gear would be kinda forcing a cookie cutter phylosopy on the game, but to be fair it already exists amoungst other jobs. I Just assumed by the gear not being meldable its already at a slight dis advantage.

I guess maybe getting rid of actions on the gear would make sense, but it was kinda the meats and patatos of this gear, to let those actions be available outside the gear would defeat its purpose in general, wich was to make a merger of PLD and WAR in such a way that would essentially give a third option. Notice how nothing offerd helped with AOE enmity and was weak in a stance of takeing indirect damage, this is strickly for tank and spank situations but offers tanks in that situation a viable DPS source and enmity souce since "Speed runs" seem to be a aspect SE is intent on keeping.

If Time wasnt an issue then gear/jobs we have now would suffice, but becuase SE has yet to get rid of the speed run, and simply incorperate a dificulty mode to rewards given, we are in need of a tank that can keep super hate and be a viable source of DD, War is too squishy and PLD by nature dosent deal much damage at all, Enmity seems to be the only thing that can be controlled on either set up , this gear would simply offer a more practical tank for speed runs, as far as availablity, I would say make it stupid hard to get soo not every one is running around with it, I think this game could use some sense of acomplishment. Relic gear is great but for tank, af and relic lack ALOT of luster, imo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cae Deia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Well, let's see the females' version of the armor..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yewfoot Kittyhawk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    What is with the absurd amount of crosses?
    (1)

Player

figured it had to have a theme, dont think its an "absurd" amount, being that its pali tank gear, referancing the cruisade as a theme is fitting. not sure the female version would be much diffrent , cept for breast plate would have two pronounced boob bumbs lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stu Foo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    This is one of the many reasons you don't work for a video game company Ace.
    (4)

Player

the was very constructive, can you elaberate ? or are you just here to troll?

I will admit the numbers are OP , but again, this was not intended for current use, but possably , upgrade from typical cobalt after a level cap raise, your intitled to your opinion, but if all you have to offer is being critical, I will have to pass on your input. Thank you all the same.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aceofspades; 08-19-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Player
    I hope you slip in the shower.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast