Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkwood View Post
    Yeah I call bullshit on that one, sorry sir your either lying or full of it. Just because you didn't see Bots does not mean they were not prevalent. I can guarantee you 90% of HNM shells that camped Faf/Nid Behme/KB and Ada/Aspi used bots. If I had the list of characters still i would post for you just the ones from FFXIapp the list comprised of nearly 60,000 accounts, that list does not include Xiclaim, Nasa, XIP, Arenz, Tauntunleashed, etc. Any LS that had a 50%+ claim rate I guarantee you had bots.
    Gaurantees based on assumptions aren't really gaurantees now are they?

I don't want to argue about bots, or who could win claim. I want to discuss ways to implement an idea from XI that most of us loved.

You are correct in a sense though, I agree that claim methods need to be re-worked. BCNM type pop maybe? Thats why im asking you.

Although I do think there should be a couple/many free roaming HNM's as well.
    (1)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Doctor Mog
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    11 had all of those methods.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    Gaurantees based on assumptions aren't really gaurantees now are they?

I don't want to argue about bots, or who could win claim. I want to discuss ways to implement an idea from XI that most of us loved.

You are correct in a sense though, I agree that claim methods need to be re-worked. BCNM type pop maybe? Thats why im asking you.

Although I do think there should be a couple/many free roaming HNM's as well.
    It needs to be an Uli type pop or the way XI does HNM now collect seals trade seals for Orb fight NM, get Item, fight HNM get item, fight HQ HNM
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    So you want to dismiss the most obvious problem with this idea ?

Then I guess its not worth discussing.

What's wrong with making public content, 3 top players get loot, it fosters healthy competition that anyone and everyone can be a part of.

Edit:- Just to be clear there would be gold, silver and bronze loot pools and the drop could be random, so not necessarily something uber awesome.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jinko; 03-25-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Roaming Dragons.
    Giant Beasts.
    High Respawn Timers.
    Amazing Gear.

I know everyone crys foul over copy+paste ideas from Final Fantasy XI. But lets be honest, they were the reason alot of people played. The rush of getting claim over your enemy linkshells. Watching an awesome wipe. Seeing that ever-elusive item in the loot pool. So many amazing memories of great times.

This topic is about the possible implementation of non-instanced, highly notorious monsters to roam the open plains of Final Fantasy XIV.

I would like ideas, opinions, etc; on how we can implement something of this nature that caters to all crowds. Lets hear it.
    I didn't play FFXI.. but I would love a bunch of open world high NMs
    (3)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    So you want to dismiss the most obvious problem with this idea ?

Then I guess its not worth discussing.
    I concede, you are correct. Whilst I did not use them, nor have I ever seen one in use, I would not know where to begin on making a bot-proof system (if even possible). I know that with an open world system we would face that issue. It would be the giant elephant in the room any time a claim dispute arose.

BCNM pop HNM's are a good idea. However some of us love that good old fashioned XI style Nidhogg hunt. Your point however, is spot on and valid. I am all for finding a way to think up a system that bots would not be able to tarnish.
    (3)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    If we don't argue about bots how will we know how best to use them?! /sarcasmoff
    Add HNM! Give them AWFUL DROPS. Then we can kill them for fun and bragging rights. If you give them zOMGWTFBBQSauce drops then people will fight and fight and fight. As sickening as it is it is human nature. We even need to feel superior in virtual worlds.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Vynce Walker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Roaming Dragons.
    Giant Beasts.
    High Respawn Timers.
    Amazing Gear.

I know everyone crys foul over copy+paste ideas from Final Fantasy XI. But lets be honest, they were the reason alot of people played. The rush of getting claim over your enemy linkshells. Watching an awesome wipe. Seeing that ever-elusive item in the loot pool. So many amazing memories of great times.

This topic is about the possible implementation of non-instanced, highly notorious monsters to roam the open plains of Final Fantasy XIV.

I would like ideas, opinions, etc; on how we can implement something of this nature that caters to all crowds. Lets hear it.
    There's nothing wrong with adding ideas from XI in XIV. But XIV doesn't need to be XI 2.0, thats really the point anti-XI ppl are trying to make. XI wasn't that huge a success either, so copying it is financial suicide...a game like XIV needs to be able to legitimately rival its competitors. XI didnt even come CLOSE lol.

Back to your point, I keep crying for Ultima/Omega Weapon. If there's any super duper boss that should be in the game, it should be this. They should also modify old classic dungeon designs from past games and include them as "new" dungeons in XIV.

My biggest criticism of FFXIV is not that it doesn't borrow enough from XI, but it doesn't borrow enough from its other games. There is so much content in the console rpgs that can easily be modified into an mmo. Who wouldn't want to fight their way to Ultima Weapon again? Or solve a puzzle, activate levers, kill bosses in order to reach hidden Omega Weapon? That screams nostalgia and ppl would eat that right up. It could also invite non-ff vets to check out the older FF games if they enjoy it.
    (4)

Player

XI wasn't that huge a success either, so copying it is financial suicide...a game like XIV needs to be able to legitimately rival its competitors. XI didnt even come CLOSE lol.
    It was one of the most successful mmos in history, If I remember correctly it was 4 all time. Heck even go to wiki it's won all kinds of rewards, it wasn't another WoW (nothing is) but it was a grand slam for SE.

It's a matter of personal preference and it will be debated as long as either game exists. All the things some people don't want are things I enjoyed personally. Long spawn times windows kept items a rarity without making us spam the fight like we do now, and if I didn't want a bunch of competition there were 20+ other HNMs my shell could camp. 1 minute windows every 30 minutes were great times to get to know your shell, 3 hour windows kept you on your toes. Some hate, but many loved it.

Bots may have raised the odds for groups but it didn't guarantee them because it wasn't based on who hit the button first. I made many claims without ever botting. Also SE got pretty good at shutting down sites, FFXIapp is an example of many programs SE took down, in the case of an XI-2 they would be better at keeping bots away.

I think what they should have done more was given HNMs wide spawn areas, on those kinds of nms botting was even less effective.

SE really needs to consider just making an XI-2 in addition to 14 because there seems to be a huge demand for it. On all of these threads it seems about 50-50 to me on who wants a new game and who wants XI-2. I would imagine the hardcore gamers have already quit so if there are that many on here now that want it, SE needs to think about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoMorley View Post
    It was one of the most successful mmos in history, If I remember correctly it was 4 all time. Heck even go to wiki it's won all kinds of rewards, it wasn't another WoW (nothing is) but it was a grand slam for SE.

It's a matter of personal preference and it will be debated as long as either game exists. All the things some people don't want are things I enjoyed personally. Long spawn times windows kept items a rarity without making us spam the fight like we do now, and if I didn't want a bunch of competition there were 20+ other HNMs my shell could camp. 1 minute windows every 30 minutes were great times to get to know your shell, 3 hour windows kept you on your toes. Some hate, but many loved it.

Bots may have raised the odds for groups but it didn't guarantee them because it wasn't based on who hit the button first. I made many claims without ever botting. Also SE got pretty good at shutting down sites, FFXIapp is an example of many programs SE took down, in the case of an XI-2 they would be better at keeping bots away.

I think what they should have done more was given HNMs wide spawn areas, on those kinds of nms botting was even less effective.

SE really needs to consider just making an XI-2 in addition to 14 because there seems to be a huge demand for it. On all of these threads it seems about 50-50 to me on who wants a new game and who wants XI-2. I would imagine the hardcore gamers have already quit so if there are that many on here now that want it, SE needs to think about it.
    not necessarily directed at you (I know it seems that way since I did "Reply with quote" you) but its true that we don't need to debate FFXI's success or profitability... FFXI had some stuff that was really good and fun that could be applied to this game... At the devs discretion, of course...
    Because SE really does want the 500k people that played FFXI, but then the also want the people who didn't play FFXI... which means it is no longer us vs them... we are all one community....
    Sounds like a Black Eyed Peas commercial but its true

If it is 50/50 then SE will never win until we all come together
    (1)

Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast